you could use the saharini ones...for now. About 75% of those guys are of african origin. although i have to admit they are not 100% accurate for africa.

New Idea Island

¿someone has is going to realize an island environment in the Balkans: Sarajevo, Mostar etc ... with his typical high buildings where the snipers , ruined streets etc...?

Sorry for my English

you could use the saharini ones...for now. About 75% of those guys are of african origin. although i have to admit they are not 100% accurate for africa.

Their t-shirts are a little bit .... crazy .... But actually the only available solution ...

I really want some navy ships!

Especially modern fighting ships but also some WW2 battleships.

The ArmA 2 31st Normandy has one German battleship but I want some more!

Also whats the deal with no F/A-18 for ArmA 2????

LETS GET IT GOING PEOPLE! :P

Also whats the deal with no F/A-18 for ArmA 2????

The deal is, AFAIK, that one mod is porting the whole thing over from ArmA 1, smoothing everything out, updating it to ArmA 2 standards etc. I don't think it's done yet. The one mod gave the model to another mod, but the first mod has to release first or something like that. Also I'm not sure if it's the same A1 model but the FDF mod will have a Hornet.

The deal is, AFAIK, that one mod is porting the whole thing over from ArmA 1, smoothing everything out, updating it to ArmA 2 standards etc. I don't think it's done yet. The one mod gave the model to another mod, but the first mod has to release first or something like that. Also I'm not sure if it's the same A1 model but the FDF mod will have a Hornet.

Alright.. I'll just have to be patient then.

Can't wait for it, and thanks for the reply.

Time for moar wanting.

I was thinking heavily about Air Forces and Airborne today.

So here is my wishlist:

-C17 Globemaster

-F/A18

-F15

-F22 (ehh why not?)

also an 82nd Airborne type of soldier would be nice. :)

All of these addons obviously being for ArmA II.

ive been thinking for a while that a rocket would be cool in arma 2. i dont mean like one fired from an rpg...like the model rockets you get from hobby shops...and to top it of...a saturn V or something...that would be awesome.

hope ive given someone an idea!

Time for moar wanting.

I was thinking heavily about Air Forces and Airborne today.

So here is my wishlist:

-C17 Globemaster

-F/A18

-F15

-F22 (ehh why not?)

also an 82nd Airborne type of soldier would be nice. :)

All of these addons obviously being for ArmA II.

C17 being worked on

F/A 18 being done

F15 almost completed

F22 - no idea

Anybody interested in Russain SF models??

Yep, i'm looking for help :D

I'm requesting EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) soldiers from either the US Army or USMC. If you've seen the movie "The Hurt Locker", you'll know why they are badass and what with that upcoming IED addon and the existing IED script, they'd be a great addition.

Pics:

the-hurt-locker-pic1.jpg

imagePPU.jpg

EOD-suits-s.jpg

1441_the-hurt-locker-jpg.jpg

C17 being worked on

F/A 18 being done

F15 almost completed

F22 - no idea

Can you please link me to information on those 3 addons?

Guys,

i would like to see some desert reskins of Vilas made units and vehicles. I mean Opfor BMP-1, T-55, T-62, T-72 and BRDM. On the Blue side i need the M-60 and the M113.

Thanx.

Can you please link me to information on those 3 addons?

Anzac Mod is making/porting the F/A18 and C17

And I'm doing the F15

I posted a whole heap of photos of the F15 in the WIP thread, Southy's WIP etc

Anzac Mod is making/porting the F/A18 and C17

And I'm doing the F15

I posted a whole heap of photos of the F15 in the WIP thread, Southy's WIP etc

Thanks, I looked them all up. The F/a18 is looking good and theres no info on the C17 but it said that they are working on it but it still needs a lot of work.

I also looked up your f15 and it is looking beautiful. And a MiG29?

I would kill to be able to beta those.

EPIC DOGFIGHT!

Last one, have you heard about a MiG21 from anyone?

I was just wondering if anyone was working on an Early Warning System for Arma 2 aircraft? For ex, a 'lock tone' when an enemy aircraft or AAA has you locked up, and then a 'lock/buzz tone' after they fire. It is simply too unrealistic that enemy fighters are able to lock and fire without you knowing about it. I'd even be fine with a random system that only alerts you to maybe 4 out of 5 locks. This would be a huge enhancement to the Arma air experience.

I was just wondering if anyone was working on an Early Warning System for Arma 2 aircraft? For ex, a 'lock tone' when an enemy aircraft or AAA has you locked up, and then a 'lock/buzz tone' after they fire. It is simply too unrealistic that enemy fighters are able to lock and fire without you knowing about it. I'd even be fine with a random system that only alerts you to maybe 4 out of 5 locks. This would be a huge enhancement to the Arma air experience.

Mando missiles does that mate have a look at it.

Thanks, I looked them all up. The F/a18 is looking good and theres no info on the C17 but it said that they are working on it but it still needs a lot of work.

I also looked up your f15 and it is looking beautiful. And a MiG29?

I would kill to be able to beta those.

EPIC DOGFIGHT!

Last one, have you heard about a MiG21 from anyone?

We have Mig21's from Arma1, I think the problem with those and the the Mig23/27 are the cockpits are bit old and don't look so good, I'm sure as we speak someone is working on them.

It would be great, but probably wishful thinking to see a Ukrainian forces Modification for ArmA II, They wouldn't be that difficult to make considering several of the BIS Default models for the CDF Look shockingly similar to the Ukrainain military, Same Camoflauge pattern and everything.

Only a few additions would be needed in my opinion. Seeing as they still use a mixture of old Soviet equipment and new Ukrainian designed. They've created some interesting Rifles, APCs, Tanks, etc Many being extremley modernized look-alikes of old Soviet weapons and vehicles. Some examples being the VEPR assault rifle, T-84 Oplot tank, BTR-3U, BTR-4 and BTR-94 IFVs.

Ukraine doesn't get a lot of publicity, but there is still a signifigant ArmA fanbase as I've found some of their fan sites. They have the second largest military in Europe behind Russia *This is often disputed on the internet, people have told me that the U.K and Germany have larger, but I have yet to see proof*

Take a look at these Wiki Pages for further information if you are interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Ground_Forces

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Air_Force

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-94

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-84

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vepr

(Last link may send you to the wrong page, just search under the disambiguation)

I also suggest taking a look at the Battlefield 2 Modification "Point of Existence 2" which featured the Ukrainian Military as one of it's 3 factions. And there are some of the vehicles/weapons I mentioned in the mod. The Vepr and T-84 Tank are especially well done.

Like I said, it's wishful thinking, but if any experienced content creators would find this interesting, I think it would be a great success.

Actually I think a North Korea millitary mod would be more interesting.

:)

I'd say: the more, the merrier :)

Both proposals sound very interesting.

I think there already was an Ukrainian mod for ArmA1, maybe someone could do a quick n' dirty port.

D.

Mando missiles does that mate have a look at it.

I hadn't seen the Mando addon. But, I took a look and didn't like it. Once the Mando system becomes more integrated and less annoying to use, then I'll start using it. Mando is too overcomplicated for the Arma interface. I understand that what was done in the addon is impressive considering how many limitations there are in working with the Arma engine. However, it still needs a lot of refinement. Specifically the AH-64D, it's too invasive into the flight of the aircraft. And, it is almost impossible to use in combat sceneries unless you have a gunner. (which is often hard to get on multiplayer servers. at least a gunner that you can count on) Even then, response time between seeing target and killing target is slower than if you use Arma default weapons system. If you were to make a server that blocked people from using the default weapons so you had to use Mando, then maybe. But, even still, most people play against bots, not people. So, the amount of time it takes to use the system is even more important. For the F-35 and F-16, it's ok. It isn't great, but it gives you a decent amount of information that is pretty useful. The only thing I actually enjoyed about the system was the rhom that calculates where freefall bombs are going to land. And, even that is sketchy.

The problem is, Arma isn't a simulator, it's an arcade game with a ton of simulation style features and programming. What I mean by that is, in terms of gameplay, Arma is focused on a reletively small game world. Simulators that have you keep track of all of your onboard systems for navigation, weapons, etc, have game worlds that are 1:1 scale. Such as Lock-On (LOMAC), DCS, or even FSX. You don't have enough time in the small, close quarters air combat inside of Arma to be worrying about what mode your HUD is on, or even really need to care about what the distance is to the target. It's cool that they made the Mando addon, I just don't see it being widely used in online games. At this point, it's just more trouble than it's worth. But, I could be wrong. (also, my biggest complaint about Mando is that I use a flight stick for flying, but the Mando controls can't be mapped to the flight stick, even for firing missiles.)

Back to my original question, is anyone working on a 'stand alone' Early Warning System for alerting you to incoming missiles? Or, does anyone know if it is possible to use the Mando system, but configure it so that the only thing in use is the is the RWR? (or for LOMAC players, the F-15s TEWS)