Did someone say they were doing a remake of the African War Mod for OFP? i forget the name

yea I herd the same thing I know the bush war mod is comeing to arma2 thats what I was tould I dont know when and also Dimitri_Harkov and his DIH 1970s Generic African Units has some stuff comeing I don't know what and when but he said he has some ideas of whats next

Also i would like to see more opfor or ''independent'' armies,just to balance all those blufor amries...

Project RACS will be "Independent" side.

I'm just wondering if anyone is working on any western commercial aircraft? Would love to see the CBF L-1011 Tristar from OFP ported over, or a 737.

I would love to see this unit armor in the game maybe with different color scheme and helmet design for both Blufor and Opfor its from the anime "Jin-ROH" great film.

Back

feb9_cg1_2.jpg

Front

feb9_cg1_1.jpg

Front again

takara_jr12.jpg

Action posesdscf3962-450x346.jpg

also i think if anyone wishes to take this on and cammie them up we could also delve into having them have conditional armor to each body part kinda like an overshield in halo except sectioned to different areas of the body. thank you all for your time and hope to talk with a few of you soon.

I would love to see this unit armor in the game maybe with different color scheme and helmet design for both Blufor and Opfor its from the anime "Jin-ROH" great film.

Back

feb9_cg1_2.jpg

Front

feb9_cg1_1.jpg

Front again

takara_jr12.jpg

Action posesdscf3962-450x346.jpg

also i think if anyone wishes to take this on and cammie them up we could also delve into having them have conditional armor to each body part kinda like an overshield in halo except sectioned to different areas of the body. thank you all for your time and hope to talk with a few of you soon.

Wolf Brigade

I always felt this game should have lots of US air units and balanced with the Russians advanced AA systems in response. This is my favourite one, the 'TOR', the way the missile deploys straight up with a balastic charge before the engine kicks in looks cool and should be possible to recreate with Mando.

One suggestion, a placeable lamp post with working lights would be nice for adding to night missions if possible since illumination towers lights don't work.

Something related to lamps; i wonder about night missions where an objective or a part of the mission would include taking out electricity services and so on.

Any hopes ? ;)

@EDIT:

Considered some maps underway, i wonder if there will be in the future an AI mod about movement. I hate keeping an eye on my team as i move in urban areas... bad positioning and so on.

This is something really needed to me

Edited by caprera

I see more and more weapon/vehicle addons, and I really wonder why is nobody making addons that allow you to place bigger/nicer/better bunkers, walls etc. Currently the game has only 3 bunkers that are pretty lame, and even with MAP_EU that unlocks a bunch of buildings and walls you still can't really make much of a fortification as the biggest wall in the game is not much higher than a man. What's missing the most is stuff that would actually make you go in and attack rather than snipe from 500m away.

Examples of stuff that I would love to have (the first image is actually from a place I've been to):

705.jpg

military-bunker.jpg

bunker.jpg

pak%2043%20atlantik%20wall%20bunker%20small.jpg

Of course these are just stuff I found googling to get the point across, all kindd of big and strong bunkers/walls would be cool.

Many islands already add some stuff like that but none actually add the objects in a way that can be used in the editor in any island. Even just gathering those objects from various islands and packing them into a single addon could go a long way if that addon wouldn't end up being too big.

Hey guys,,, i was wondering if some one could make a new skin for the fr class assualt rifle man and assualt grenidear placing them in acu?

cheers

Edited by Jazzadazza

Hey guys,,, i was wondering if some one could make a new skin for the fr class assualt rifle man and assualt grenidear placing them in acu?

cheers

Already been done several times. Have a look on Armaholic, you'll find a few versions.

I see more and more weapon/vehicle addons, and I really wonder why is nobody making addons that allow you to place bigger/nicer/better bunkers, walls etc. Currently the game has only 3 bunkers that are pretty lame, and even with MAP_EU that unlocks a bunch of buildings and walls you still can't really make much of a fortification as the biggest wall in the game is not much higher than a man. What's missing the most is stuff that would actually make you go in and attack rather than snipe from 500m away.

Examples of stuff that I would love to have (the first image is actually from a place I've been to):

[/img]/pak%2043%20atlantik%20wall%20bunker%20small.jpg[/img]

Of course these are just stuff I found googling to get the point across, all kindd of big and strong bunkers/walls would be cool.

Many islands already add some stuff like that but none actually add the objects in a way that can be used in the editor in any island. Even just gathering those objects from various islands and packing them into a single addon could go a long way if that addon wouldn't end up being too big.

the last bunker interested me. I'll get a freind and I'll see if I can get him to make me a model and I'll learn how to put it in game. (there is a tutorial that could probably guide me through it)

i would like to see the "old school" apache D, 16 hellfire and 2 wing mounted sidewinders. my favorite loadout in longbow 1 and 2 bar none.

It would be awesome, if we got some higher resolution sky dome textures, the sky sets an awesome tone in video games for me.

More dynamic sounds for use in the editor, more animals, weapon sounds, distant arty sounds etc.

More ambient sound effects in general would be a nice addition for Arma2.

I would like a Fast Boat RIB (Ridged Inflatable Boat) like the US Navy SEALS and Royal Marine Commando's, SBS use. It would be great with a five man recce team in the prone position coming up the beach at full speed. I would make this addon myself but dont know the first thing about making them, I have downloaded the BIS Tools, how do i start?

I would like a Fast Boat RIB (Ridged Inflatable Boat) like the US Navy SEALS and Royal Marine Commando's, SBS use. It would be great with a five man recce team in the prone position coming up the beach at full speed. I would make this addon myself but dont know the first thing about making them, I have downloaded the BIS Tools, how do i start?

some thing like this

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=533ee24c68c2ce394fffe7c63bab4856&prevstart=0

Already been done several times. Have a look on Armaholic, you'll find a few versions.

Just Found one. Thanks mate.

I think movie makers and photographers would really need a hud removal tool/addon like dxdll was for ofp from kegetys!

I'd even pay someone to make this!!!

I think movie makers and photographers would really need a hud removal tool/addon like dxdll was for ofp from kegetys!

I'd even pay someone to make this!!!

I'll do it for $1million in used bills....

seriously though i'd second this (not the paying part though)

I agree that we [mission makers] need some ambient/environmental/situational sound packs, sound is definitely something overlooked in this game, and apparently not enough people appreciate how integral it is to immersion. We need some good loops including:

1. Crowd loops at various volumes and styles

-Hushed crowd

-Small crowd normal volume

-Large crowd normal volume

-Small crowd/mob angry

-Large crowd/mob angry

-Large crowd protest/demonstration

-Small panic

-Large panic

-Carnival crowd loop

-Carnival music loop

-Market merchant shouts

-Mosque prayer loops

-Ambient drumming loops

-Mourning crowd

2. Environmental fx to be used alongside.

-Police sirens

-Car alarms

-House/Shop alarms

-School playground ambient loop

-Traffic sound loops, horns + engines etc.

-Ambient combat loops

-Distant arty fire fx, to be played from firing source, very bassy and audible for miles.

-'Allah Akbar' shout

-Various screams

-Various misc US soldier fx for trigger use 'Get some' etc.

3. Environment/Nature Effects.

-Day/Night time loops for various theatres i.e. Tropics, wetlands, drylands, cities, desert, farm/village (clucking hens, market sounds etc)

-Various wind fx loops i.e. mild, medium, strong, hurricane.

-Animal sounds for use with Arma2s included wildlife.

Many editors come up with fine ideas that are often supported by enough vehicle/unit/map addons but there is a definite shortage of sounds. Sure it is possible to make them without much experience but a comprehensive pack would invite many editors to go that extra step with their mission and I think we would all benefit - these are not restricted to a particular era or theatre in the same way most other addons are.

was wondering if someone could make a small island which is just one big city ? doesn't have to be that big a island , 2 miles sq will do ......

and not forgetting a small base at one end of it ,,,enough for some tanks to to fit inside the base .. thanks

Edited by cnickcj