Hello

Not sure if anyone is working on this..but so far I feel Arma needs a bigger Aircraft carrier, and I'm willing to buy a Hi-Res model for someone/team to convert.

Polygons =648k

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/uss-ronald-reagan-cvn-76-3d-model/491281

Polygons =1m

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm?id=240552

only problem would mean encrypting the model in the PBO so the original Model rights are still intact.

I have no idear if this is even posible..from these models/textures.

Edited by DMC_RULEZ

Negative, the poly count is way too high to be used in ArmA2.

If segmenting the carrier like BIS did the maximum poly count sectionswise should be like 10k so the overall polycount should be at about 50k or so.

A relatively simple request as these go; a luxury car, something fit to transport diplomats and heads of state around. Don't really care what it is exactly, but a luxury car would make missions to protect/capture VIPs way more awesome. Probably more realistic as well.

a ww1 mod? i know it's quite a grusome war to do but it would be quite easy to do considering that there's not much tanks or planes and it's mainly infantry in trenches and arty. just a idea :)

I'd say: the more, the merrier :)

Both proposals sound very interesting.

I think there already was an Ukrainian mod for ArmA1, maybe someone could do a quick n' dirty port.

D.

I've searched all over the web. Nothing.

All I found was a Armed Assault Ukraine fanpage. And it was more Russian than Ukrainian.

Hi is there anyway to make a BFT for arma2.

I have never requested a addon before am i ment to show pictures of one any feed back so i can get this rolling would be great many thanks in advance

If segmenting the carrier like BIS did the maximum poly count sectionswise should be like 10k so the overall polycount should be at about 50k or so.

Thanks Icewindo for the answer.

Damn there goes my dreams of a good place at sea of landing and takeoff,

..oh well back to VTO planes then, as you can see from this film (0:50-1:20) the current carrier is too small for the new F-14's to have proper use.

xiSeWq2jspY

Edited by DMC_RULEZ

If Anybody wants to do a carrier project I can supply you with a good model, under the poly limit. Nowhere near the detail of the above models but it would work...

*Edit* @DMC_Rules: These 2 links are under the poly limit if you want to buy one.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/174009

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/lw-carriers-warship/126728

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

i wasn't hoping for this to move..so it could be done like Icewindo said and boken up into pieces, i would love to keep the detail...those are cheap..but look...they don't go beyond the one ingame...so no point updating too that, no offence.

i wasn't hoping for this to move..so it could be done like Icewindo said and boken up into pieces, i would love to keep the detail...those are cheap..but look...they don't go beyond the one ingame...so no point updating too that, no offence.

Went back adn found these. The first one is low poly but the detail is pretty good, though it's mostly a texture.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/uss-enterprise-cvn-65-aircraft-carrier-3ds/435332

This may be your best bet. Looks good and apparently it is easy to animate the lifts etc. http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/cvn-72-aircraft-carrier-cvn-3d-3ds/407415

The 2nd one looks good and it probably wouldn't be hard to "activate" the defenses using mando or something.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

So with the Russians set to publicly unveil their new T95 MBT this year, will we be seeing it slipped into Arma 2 at some point? Ive seen a few images of it but its hard to tell if they are real ones or mock up pics

http://www.3-d-models.com/3d-model_files/371m701.htm

:)

Fixed for you, the T90 was unveiled a long time ago.

Fixed for you, the T90 was unveiled a long time ago.

My bad, T95 then :) hope to see it in Arma 2 anyway!

I would like to see improved versions of the original ARMA I Islands for ARMA II rather than just ones that were ported

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

I've noticed that if you leave vehicles on long enough, they run out of petrol/gas.

Well, what if you left the lights on without the engine running. Battery runs out.

Silly idea, but.............who knows........

Would be nice to see the new British Infantry equipment (PECOC)

I would also like to see the US army units in AOR1 Camo and a ACU Gunner model with a faceplate.

Edited by Liam!!!!

I was wondering if I provided my picture if someone would be able to make me an fairly accurate in-game face of myself that i can use? Maybe one regular, one woodland camo'ed up, and one desert camo'ed up? Just the regular is all I really need, but the extras would be kewl to have as well. If anyone wouldn't mind doing this for me, plz PM me with e-mail details and I can send my picture. Thanks!

hehe not to give you the run around but there is a "Monsters, zombies and so on" Thread...lol

but this will do...hehe

As to peeps playing Zombie mods i find it's the size that puts alot off...as Charon's mod is very large and I myself don't care but my clan do....so me and Rommel (mostly Rommel) came up with something that was just Scripts (140k) and would run well in multiplayer...but for 140k you dont get the animations or sounds.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88885&page=71

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

If anyone can remember that i was asking about a full size Nimitz Aircraft Carrier to be imported from a model...well i think i have found a solution for now..LOL

arma2boat1.jpg

arma2boat2.jpg

arma2boat3.jpg

Here's the mission (you will need ACE2 and the F-14 mod)

http://www.otakubrothers.com/LARGEASSCARRIER.utes.rar

Edited by DMC_RULEZ

wow. that's perfect! I assume it's held together with a giant ass role of duct-tape, as the manuals dictate? :D

May I ask what your saturation etc. settings are for ArmA2? Those screenshots almost look real...

Yep Duct-tape and chewing gum!..lol

I use Nvidia's saturation/contrast didnt know you could change that in game...as i've been playing with just colour tints in Arma2....(in this test i used a blue tint..its in the mission rar)

For my tints I just make a "Effects.SQF" with this in it

_hndl = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 1501];

_hndl ppEffectEnable true;

_hndl ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0,[0, 0, 1, 0.0129871],[0.545454, 0.541126, 1, 1],[1, 1, 1, 0.0216448]];

_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;

and call that up in the "init.SQF"

if (not isdedicated) then {

execvm "effects.sqf"

};

here's a more warmer sunset feel tint

_hndl = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 1501];

_hndl ppEffectEnable true;

_hndl ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0,[1, 0, 0, 0.0129871],[1, 0.164502, 0, 0.701299],[1, 1, 1, 0.0216448]];

_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;

When it comes to colour/sat/Con its sadly monitor dependent and as such even my pics will look different to me then they look to you...so try playing with your Nvidia/ATI colour settings for a look you like...but yep Arma2 is naturally very desaturated. :(

Edited by DMC_RULEZ

Chewing Gum... Forgot about that piece of the standard issue repair kit. I assume you also used the paper clips? :D

I had never heard anything about tints before your post. Learn somethin new every day.

Beautiful screenshots. I'm planning on replacing my current (6 year old) rig in June. Hopefully I'll be able to run it at that high a resolution without my video drivers failing. (as they do currently)