Sign in to follow this  
Crowe

Armed Assault: 1000 Illegal Copies

Hi all,

i just ran a tool over the logfiles from 29.05.2009 to 05.06.2009. My tools counts the used nicknames per ID.

And Here are the Results:

ID 1324418 843 Times

ID 0 337 Times

ID 1324386 30 Times

ID 4319746 12 Times

ID 4319810 6 Times

ID 189826 5 Times

ID 1324434 5 Times

Well, ist seems that someone is changing his / her nickname every minute xD

I suggest other server Admins, to ban these IDs.

But it means a Damage of over 50 000 € for Game development. And there are more dedicated Machines which might have noticed more.

Regards

Crowe

Edited by Crowe

People sharing their keys? Stolen keys?

Well it's nothing surprising. The keys will probably end up disabled.

What's with ID 0?

Also remember that some of those people might be ones who intend to own the game or already pre-ordered it but it hasn't been released in there region. I'm sure that number isn't nearly as high as the devs would hope, but I'm sure it's not all lost profit.

Or perhaps players from america (for example), who just can't buy this game yet?

Edited by Crowe

Hi all

Nah just a whole bunch of numpties complaining about being unable to hit the side of a barn because of they triggered fade.

Kind Regards walker

Wow...that's a lot!

Or perhaps players from america, who just can't buy this game yet?

I am from America, Crowe, yet i BOUGHT the game....Maybe it's just people in general and not only us Americans. It hasn't been released in the UK either, or everywhere else, but Germany.

Sorry. America was just an example.

I did not want to offend anybody.

But its difficult to buy if you you are underage and you dont have a credit card.

Edited by Crowe

This should be a sticky and updated when needed. Especially since we are still a long way from all of us having open servers.

Actually this post will be closed most likely. They close any post that talk about piracy. Just a forum rule. Also I bought my copy...saddly I cant play it till steam lets me =P

Edited by HavocDemon

Wow, and these people are probably the ones whining about "bugs" because they've triggered FADE. Losers!

I'm just waiting patiently for my Steam copy to unlock. :yay:

But it means a Damage of over 50 000 € for Game development. And there are more dedicated Machines which might have noticed more.

I believe that most illegal downloaders (who do not go on to purchase) are people who will NEVER buy a game, they just want everything for nothing. In those cases, sales are not lost, because they never "were".

Some people, they just want everything for nothing.

@Placebo: Can we do the same thing as we did when Arma was released ?

I´d gladly help again.

@Placebo: Can we do the same thing as we did when Arma was released ?

I´d gladly help again.

What was it?

I'm just waiting patiently for my Steam copy to unlock. :yay:

Mine unlocks on the 30th. I'm just watching Youtube clips from the game and getting myself extra excited for it instead of spoiling it with a downloaded, buggy version :yay:

That doesnt mean nothing. I did my self make 6 of my friends pre-order the game together with me, thanks I have tried it (german version) and recomended it to them, because the trusth my opinion.

So, is this piracy? I dont think so.

Thanks BI for making such an amazing game, I cant wait to pick up my copy in the store :bounce3:

maybe they are just testing the game in their machines to see if they can handle it before expending 40€ in it, because there is no demo available

Edited by william1

Meh, these are the kind of people that only join TDMs and such, and will get bored of the game in less than a month.

Its important to remember that the number of pirated copies, is not necessarily equal to the sales lost.

The piracy may even be helping to sell more copies, when people want to play online on real servers, or simply escaping that FADE. Until research is done, theres just no way of knowing.

Its important to remember that the number of pirated copies, is not necessarily equal to the sales lost.

The piracy may even be helping to sell more copies, when people want to play online on real servers, or simply escaping that FADE. Until research is done, theres just no way of knowing.

That is exactly my point, In my case, I helped to sell more than 6 copies in my Red Orchetra Clan, maybe more, later in the next days.

In cases like this, performance is very important, people need to know if they are going to play with an acceptable framerate, so demo becomes neccesry, if not, "illegal copy" is the way to go, sad :( , but true

Edited by -=Falco=-

That is exactly my point, In my case, I helped to sell more than 6 copies in my Red Orchetra Clan, maybe more, later in the next days.

In cases like this, performance is very important, people need to know if they are going to play with an acceptable framerate, so demo becomes neccesry, if not, "illegal copy" is the way to go, sad :( , but true

Exactly what I did. I wanted to make sure it was playable and enjoyable before I buy it. Sorry but these are tight times. Many can't just go out there and buy a game and it end up being terrible. This is why many companies release a small demo (They did for Operation Flashpoint - Where you had to assault that small town from a hill)

Exactly. To be honest that's what happened with me with Operation Flashpoint. I want to try it online and the fade thing was always popping. So I bought the original and became BIS addictive. After that I bought all the games and expansions from BIS. And I'll buy all future games (I'm anxiously waiting for their remake of Carrier Command). :)

I think FADE it's a great idea for protecting games and I don't understand why other software houses don't implement it.

Edited by Von_Paulus

You will have to subtract one, since I originally pirated it, due to lack of a demo, but I have since purchased the game.

I don't think it's the greatest thing to admit to piracy of BIS games on their forums, PhailQuail. :rolleyes:

Yeah all these people admitting that they pirate probably wont/shouldn't sit well with BIS.

I don't think it's the greatest thing to admit to piracy of BIS games on their forums, PhailQuail. :rolleyes:

No, actually I am thinking of asking for some type of comision, cuz I sold a bunch of copies in my clan, that´s 297 euros here in my country, and all thanks I tried it before it releases.

You are welcome BI :P

pd: By the game, why is the game so expensive on Steam? 47 euros seens a lot to me, I preorderer on Game.es, more cheap (37 euros) and I get boxed edition...:p