Sign in to follow this  
Crowe

Armed Assault: 1000 Illegal Copies

Yeah all these people admitting that they pirate probably wont/shouldn't sit well with BIS.

Is not piracy, cuz I actually paid for the game :yay: A lot of artists think that the free distribution of their works benefit them, cuz more people get to know their work and buy it more later. Arma still a big unknow for many people who only played CoD or MOH and doesnt know what they are missing :(

A demo is necessay, I said.

PD: I am thankfull to BI and BI must be thankfull to me because I buyed and enjoyed all their titles since OFP and talked a lot about their job to other people who also buyed their game and so.

This works like that, what is polically correct or not, I dont care

Copy protection does nothing for the legitimate user except create irritation and aggravation. It is counter-productive to the purchaser.

I bought OFP and ArmA and would never consider playing them even for one day without a NOCD patch. I am not a dog who is trained to fetch CDs at the whim of the publisher. Perhaps we have some well-trained poodles here, but I prefer to play the game I paid for in any manner I see fit.

???

For securing their efforts from the likes of pirates, you can't be arsed to put a DVD in a slot? The lazyness and pride of some people. They eventually make them no-cd required after a sales number is hit anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone at Morphicon/505 is sitting there going 'ya lap dog! get that DVD. go boy, fetch!' absurd.

But it means a Damage of over 50 000 € for Game development. And there are more dedicated Machines which might have noticed more.

No it doesn't. 1 illegal copy does not mean a lost sale, and particular in this case i think there is alot of try before buying going on. The german version is out, so people download it try it, perhaps find it good and decide to preorder the english version. On the other hand, FADE might destroy that possibility because people will think that the FADE symptoms are bugs.

I believe that most illegal downloaders (who do not go on to purchase) are people who will NEVER buy a game, they just want everything for nothing. In those cases, sales are not lost, because they never "were".

If they were never lost, wouldn't that be an over all gain as the game generates publicity?

I think FADE it's a great idea for protecting games and I don't understand why other software houses don't implement it.

Well people think the "FADEs" are bugs in the game, rather than issues coming from a pirated game - then the game is gonna get bad publicity. No DRM have helped generating sales, only good games.

I don't think it's the greatest thing to admit to piracy of BIS games on their forums, PhailQuail. :rolleyes:

I pirated ArmA 2 aswell, so sue me. But i pre-ordered on Steam, and payed overprice in fact, so my conscience is clear - heck I'm beginning to think that I'm entitled due to the €20 overpricing. I'm not gonna wait til the 30th of June for ArmA 2 to be released on Steam, when i can play now. Either way BIS gets their money, It's their own damn fault anyway for doing these awkward releases anyway.

Edited by dotted

Ok, here's the way this is going to work:

This thread is going to get closed due to the direction it's taking. I CANNOT believe some of you people. Those of you admitting to piracy, you will be dealt with shortly.

Closing.