Sign in to follow this  
topeira

selecting weapons? how?

you can do this

Quote:

{this addMagazine "30rnd_556x45_STANAG"} foreach [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10];

this will give a soldier 10 M16 mags

Absolutely not, i'm afraid. This will give one magazine of "30rnd_556x45_STANAG" type to the units named "1" to "10".

Actually it works. "This" is used instead of "_x", meaning the counter is just increased by one then the command is repeated that many times.

Actually it works. "This" is used instead of "_x", meaning the counter is just increased by one then the command is repeated that many times.

:icon_ohmygod: Oops, ok, just tested it, didn't notice the lack of _x. Very nice find actually. Sorry for sounding so self-conceited :lookaround:

Copy and paste this into the init line of a unit:

removeAllWeapons this; this addWeapon "SMAW"; this addMagazine "SMAW_HEAA"; this addWeapon "M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"; this addMagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addMagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addMagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addMagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addMagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addMagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203";

It will give him a layout of:

1 Woodland M4A1SD M203 EoTech

-6 StanagSD clips

-6 M203 rounds

1 SMAW Launcher

-1 HEAA ammo

Just change the class names for the weapons and ammo with the weapons/ammo of your choice from the class name sticky

This is very helpful / thanks.

And the word "this" needs to be in there as shown??? When entering the script?

ummm, can someone post a link for the wepons list? the one with weapon name, code, and ammo type. i know its here somewhere bu i cant find it. sorry for lazieness xD

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

found wep list, when i put a thing in to remove wepons and add a new one, it says something like "invalid sentence, expect nothing" any ideas? :(

ummm, can someone post a link for the wepons list? the one with weapon name, code, and ammo type. i know its here somewhere bu i cant find it. sorry for lazieness xD

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

found wep list, when i put a thing in to remove wepons and add a new one, it says something like "invalid sentence, expect nothing" any ideas? :(

i don't know exactly what you mean:confused:, but make sure that you have quotation marks around the magazine names and the weapon names.:pistols:

sometimes i can get it to work, but when i go into the preview, the gun isnt there, its like im holding it but its invisible. it can even shoot but bullets do no damage. maybe i have to install something. btw this is the demo of arma 2 so maybe thats why?

sometimes i can get it to work, but when i go into the preview, the gun isnt there, its like im holding it but its invisible. it can even shoot but bullets do no damage. maybe i have to install something. btw this is the demo of arma 2 so maybe thats why?

Ditto this for me, when using the RH_M4/M16 addon ...right now

that is probably why, because the ArmA 2 demo is not complete and is missing alot of things. You should buy full ArmA 2, the money is definetly worth it, i've had it for 5 months and it's still my favourite game.

if i had a high end gaming pc it would be the first thing id buy for it xD but i have a macbook pro running bootcamp, and the graphics arent particulary good. is the campaign any good? i mean, i might consider buying the game just for the editor anyway but campaign would be good too. also howmuch is it now? (UK)

if i had a high end gaming pc it would be the first thing id buy for it xD but i have a macbook pro running bootcamp, and the graphics arent particulary good. is the campaign any good? i mean, i might consider buying the game just for the editor anyway but campaign would be good too. also howmuch is it now? (UK)

My PC isn't that good (3 years old) but i can easily run this game on normal with at the very least 30 fps on most maps (not Razoreniya, for that is was about 3 fps in jungle)

The campaign's alright but the editor is where it's at, alot of possibilities there, plus all the addons and mods there are there is usually at least 1 addon every day.

For your second question, i don't know howmany pounds it would cost but in Australia i got it for $90, but our Dollar is pretty weak, it's like half as much as a pound, so i'm guessing it would cost 45 pounds, but i got it pretty cheap compared to normal.:pistols::yay::yay::yay::681:

It's around £15 give or take including delivery. I've had the game since day one and not even played any of the campaign.

It's around £15 give or take including delivery. I've had the game since day one and not even played any of the campaign.

For both answers i must say WoW:eek::eek::smiley-aloof:

{removeAllWeapons _x;} forEach thislist; 
{_x addWeapon "NVGoggles";} forEach thislist; 
{_x addWeapon "Binocular";} forEach thislist; 
{_x addMagazine "30Rnd_9x19_MP5";} forEach thislist; 
{_x addWeapon "MP5A5";} forEach thislist; 
{_x addMagazine "30Rnd_9x19_MP5";} forEach thislist; 
{_x addMagazine "30Rnd_9x19_MP5";}forEach thislist; 
{_x addMagazine "SmokeShell";} forEach thislist; 
{_x selectweapon "MP5A5";} forEach thislist; 

One reason why the code above may not have worked is because in each line you needed to add 'units' and remove the semicolon ';' in the curly brackets. e.g.

{_x addWeapon "NVGoggles"} forEach [b]units[/b] thislist;

I know you got it sorted but it might help your knowledge.

I have a Operation Arrowhead stand alone. Can anybody give me an example of how to replace a player loadout for OA? It apparently doesn't work the same way as it did for regular Arma 2. I've tried a bunch of different ways and nothing seems to work except for removing all weapons. Please do not explain to me how to add an mp5 for Arma 2. As far as i can tell, there is no Mp5 in OA. I do not have Arma 2. I have Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

I am trying to do this as described earlier in this thread. but it does not work in OA.

removeAllWeapons this;

removeAllAmmo this;

this addMagazine "30Rnd_762x39_SA58";

this addWeapon "Sa58V_RCO_EP1";

this addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_g17";

this addWeapon "M9";

this addMagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9";

Any help from somebody that knows how to do this in Arrowhead would be much appreciated.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

Pretty angry and confrontational for your first post there.. :confused:

Try this instead:

removeAllWeapons this;
this addWeapon "M9";

The two problems were 1) there's no such thing as "removeAllAmmo", removeAllWeapons does that for you (it also removes things like Binoculars and NVG) and 2) you had an incorrect magazine name for a G17. You had 17Rnd_9x19_g17 when the correct class name is 17Rnd_9x19_glock17. But you didn't have a G17 anyway, so I just removed it. :)

I always use addWeapon at the very last, to ensure magazines are loaded. Another thing to consider are "items"; removeAllItems then add them back if you want consistency among your troops rather than realism. Then there is backpack considerations as well depending on where you want to go.

And, uhm, yeah, what happened to SMGs? Would love to have some flashlight and laser equipped SMG for SF use. Maybe the MP7?

Yeah, I finally loaded up CO last night and surely did miss the MP5SD and M16A2 :)

Thank you kylania, that did the trick. Sorry I sounded a bit unpleasant, but omg I stressed myself out in the editor over the last 2 days. I used to make tones of cold crisis missions, yeah, like ten years ago, and I just started poking around with the editor for arrow head 2 days ago and I'm so upset that I cannot remember how to script the simplest little things. I figured it would all come back to me, but not much of it has. I feel like I'm repeating the 3rd grade all over again. Anyway. thanks for the help, it really cheered me up to see it working correctly. Thanks ;)

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Oh, what about removing the gear from ammo crates, like the smoke grenades, watch, gps, bino's etc? Is there a way to do that? I know how to add the weapons and ammo I want, but I don't know how to remove the extra gear stuff.

One trick you might look into is using foreach to add multiple weapons at a time, like this:

{this addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR";} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8];
this addWeapon "M110_NVG_EP1";
{this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West";} forEach [1,2];

That will add 8 mags of ammo and a M110 w/NV scope and 2 hand grenades, instead of typing out each addMagazine command.

For ammocrates use:

clearWeaponCargo and clearMagazineCargo

Just download RTE for Arma II. I don't really know how to use all of its features properly but I use it all the time to create complex custom loadouts. It's a great tool when for example you want to fill a car with supplies without spending more than a minute. I made a special forces squad in OA and every member had all kinds of ACE gadgets and custom weaponry and it took like five minutes when using RTE. Just install the addon, start up the editor, preview, press esc and click the editor and create a guy or an ammo box or something. After that just add the weapons you want and copy paste the lines back in the real editor. I know that the maker of RTE probably didn't intend RTE to be used this way but it works and sure beats manually punching in all those lines.

Real Time Editor - Armaholic

That Real time editor has plagued me I just said screw it I hate even installing it, drives me crzy I would love to have it for placement of walls and such but omg i hate the bullshit errors I get makes me nuts, and once you get one crate theres always copy and paste from one mission to another.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

OK can I take kylanias code here and make this a script?

removeAllWeapons this;

this addWeapon "M9";

Well forget the 20 lines mags

{this addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR";} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8];

this addWeapon "M110_NVG_EP1";

{this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West";} forEach [1,2];

If so and it was efficient for lag I wouldn't mind making a couple load out scripts for people they would be handy and good practice.

Take it just like that only to replace weapon names and mag names add in any other things I want such as NVG etc and call it loadout_MP5.sqf, Loadout_M107TWS.sqf

Then in a players init line just add "player execvm load out_M107TWS.sqf;

Would that work and If I made a smaller groups and loaded them out like that would it cause less lag if I were able to make it a group command using the _x parameter?

Edited by Breeze