Sign in to follow this  
simio7331

Can you ride in the train?

There are railroad tracks all over Chernasus and you can get inside the boxcar of the train, there has to be a way to make the train move, I haven't found out how to do it.

It would be awesome to travel through the beautiful landscape in prone mode on top of the train sniping enemies.

No, for now the trains are only static(They dont move)

-Ziggy-;1297139']come on ride the train' date=' choo choo ride it! :dancehead:[/quote']

The train would add so much more if it worked, like a transport tycoon warfare resource mod server filled with farming whores.

Trains should at least be possible. I recall playing around with the AEF trains for OFP back when those came out.

-Ziggy-;1297139']come on ride the train' date=' choo choo ride it! :dancehead:[/quote']

Six votes for Ziggy and a train ride! LOL!

:yay:

I'm sure it wont be long before someone gets them moving.. I mean someones already got the LHD moving..

First thing i would try is to land a chopper on a moving train :D

Is this for your upcoming Broken Arrow campaign? ;)

Is this for your upcoming Broken Arrow campaign? ;)

Uh.. excellent idea :D Some kind of "land on the train before the tunnel comes" mission would be great.

Well, it's a military game. A mod that makes trains moveable would be good enough :)

But i guess there are more important things right now.. so i will shut up now ;)

My guess is that if anyone gets moving trains working it will somehow involve that new attach object command.

Or BIS. :D

I would certainly be interested in a Trains DLC from BIS! They could add stations and a dozen working and drivable trains. It would be even cooler if you could load the cargo cars and civilians used them.

They could really add to the logistical gameplay.

My guess is that if anyone gets moving trains working it will somehow involve that new attach object command.

Or BIS. :D

The scripting language should be strong enough without using attach...

I made a train script for OFP long, long ago that was any number of trucks (since there where no trains, lol) moving in sequence along waypoints. Its basicly just a bunch of angle math while always adjusting the position forwards. You could even load vehicles on it when it stopped at stations.

But of course a hardcoded train would be much cooler, haha.

Uh.. excellent idea :D Some kind of "land on the train before the tunnel comes" mission would be great.

And you must land in good time, to fold the rotors :P

I'd so set up a mission with ambient civilans and wildlife, turn off ACM, and ride the train around in a loop all over the map. :p Would be gorgeous!

I just wanna ride n' hide.

And watch the landscape.

Trains!! Yea, let's get some of those niffty mod makers to take on the project. It would really be cool to have it part of the mission objective, one team has to protect it, while the other tries to blow it up or stop it somehow, maybe it's carring supplies or a nuke, who knows, just give those head scratching mod makers an inch & they will run a mile with it.

Week old video:

:D

The train is only driving straight in the video. :p

It will be difficiult to do the math in order for all the cars to stay on the train track.