Sign in to follow this  
shark-attack

aircraft carrier and editor upgrade

where do i find the aircraft carrier guys ?

cant seem to find it ..

Also is there an editor upgrade available ? im sure i seen a post concerning one but cant seem to find it anymore

best wishes

shark-attack

The carrier is a static object on Utes. You can't place it in the editor.

i just wonder why, since ofp's time it have been needed with an editor upgrade :/

I don't think the carrier is in the editor update, so just wondering if someone knows the objects classname so we maybe can place it via notepad?

I don't think the carrier is in the editor update, so just wondering if someone knows the objects classname so we maybe can place it via notepad?

Its not really an object I don't think its part of the Map. I can place myself on the thing no problem. But If I try to place a Helo or Plane it spawns under the Carrier and blows up lol.

Must have to use set height or something.:yay:

Correct, if you want to place a vehicle or other object on the carrier you must place this in the objects initialization line:

this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 15.9]

Well I guess someone will export it as a object and allow it to be placeible.. And float-able, as I notice some of the other bigger boats don't float if just placed in ocean.

Unsure why BIS would want to lock out the use of some of these objects such as carrier etc.. If I was the developer I would want the community to go nuts over the content and make as much exciting fun missions as possible without boundaries. Guess BIS think different..

Well I guess someone will export it as a object and allow it to be placeible.. And float-able, as I notice some of the other bigger boats don't float if just placed in ocean.

Unsure why BIS would want to lock out the use of some of these objects such as carrier etc.. If I was the developer I would want the community to go nuts over the content and make as much exciting fun missions as possible without boundaries. Guess BIS think different..

Perhaps its because the aircraft carrier can't inherently float and they don't want people going "What a crappy game! There is a huge bug where the aircraft carrier can't even float. What crappy developers."

No logical person would say that but a lot of those spoiled people trying to give people reasons not to buy the game would. I don't agree with any of those things either by the way. I haven't played the game yet (but it looks amazing), I wouldn't see it as a bug because I would know it was never mean't to and BI is my favorite developer so.

Thats not valid as some of the other boats don't float already :), ie destroyer I think is one of them.

The carrier I think BIs told us was configed as a building because the game engine didn't like uber sized floating stuff.. :D

I don't got the game yet but Im happy with actually havin one ingame :)

Thats not valid as some of the other boats don't float already :), ie destroyer I think is one of them.

You can make these float by using this in the init

this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 0]

some of the other boats don't float already :), ie destroyer I think is one of them.

Are you sure it isn't a submarine :)

A big problem is that I am not able to create Objects dynamically during a mission and place them on the carrier.

Placing the object in the editor and write the setPos command in its init line, it works. But doing all that by a script the object vanishes in the nirvana.

Does anyone know a helpful workaround?

ADDED: Since you are connected on a MP game as a client, it is also not possible to respawn on the carrier even doing a setPos by a script.

For me I then also respawn inside the carrier. (Running as the host machine it works).

Edited by Bon

You can make these float by using this in the init

well the code will make the destroyer float but more like its sinking (half the ship is underwater the other half is sticking up)

best way for the destroyers is to use

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 1]

(yes only 1 height is enough to put it in the water)

You can make ships floatable, driveable and sinkable by attach them to fishing boat.

Example fregata: " this attachTo [fishingboat1, [0,10,-5]]; this setdir 180 "