gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

I have a steam version of ArmA 2 with sprocket OA installed in it's directory to run combined ops. However i cannot install 1.54 because it cannot find the directory. 1.52 had no problems with this, but it appears that 1.54 does. I am assuming it's because it won't work with Steam versions, but since I don't actually own OA on steam, I can't use steam to update either. Any suggestions?

you need download this new 1.54 update which supports also online distributions (not STEAM)

http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates/file/355-a2oa_patch_154.html?lang=en

---------- Post added at 05:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 ----------

Three questions regarding the Steam version:

1 - Whats being updated now there? I took a whole night to download the 1.7Gb of the 1.54 patch (due Steam and my connection, buts its 1.7Gb vs 200mb of the actual patch..) and now hes downloading another 1.2gb of something. !?

2 - Let me see that i got this right:

Now it should be possible to use the -mod parameter in the command line along with the MOD UI ingame?

Because launchig CO don´t enable anything.

3 - When (if) the need to run Steam will be dropped, just like the beta patches before the actual patch?

Despite from the delay, the size of the patch on Steam and the errors, thanks for it. :)

You can await we will work on improvements for mod support and easier autodetection of ARMA 2 for ARMA 2: CO mode ...

i noticed laterly the STEAM patch values are off scale (12MB server reported 255MB) and 20MB update was 2GB etc ...

it might be related to Valve transiting servers to faster/bigger location

plus there is new STEAMclient beta if you like to experiment

since the latest update oa wont load ,i get an arma 2 has encounterd a problem and needs to close.

i have uninstalled reinstalled verified etc still wont work.

arma 2 still work but no oa ?

:confused:

A preemptive sod off to those that will reply with "lol steam", in fact a hearty f* off.

Had A2 and then A2:OA, was fine and dandy. Intel Core duo, 1gb vmem, 4gb ram, a decent setup but only barely minimum specs in all honesty.

Downloaded BAF just now. Thing stutters like crazy, I can't even get 1 fps at the introduction. Graphic settings are the same as before.

The game has become unplayable, hoorah. Help? :)

A preemptive sod off to those that will reply with "lol steam", in fact a hearty f* off.

Had A2 and then A2:OA, was fine and dandy. Intel Core duo, 1gb vmem, 4gb ram, a decent setup but only barely minimum specs in all honesty.

Downloaded BAF just now. Thing stutters like crazy, I can't even get 1 fps at the introduction. Graphic settings are the same as before.

The game has become unplayable, hoorah. Help? :)

Reboot + Defrag. Had same issue weeks ago.

More steam fun

bought OA and BAF DLC through steam

after installing DLC neither OA or OA BAF will not start through steam, both crash out with the following errors:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

I have restarted, run Steam as Admin and re verified the game cache for both OA and BAF with no success.

Running the arma2oa.exe from the root folder produces the same result however I have found that if I create a shortcut to the arma2oa.exe and add -mod=BAF the game will start no problem.

Edited by trufret

I just uninstalled BAF through steam. Then I tried to verify OA. Is it MEANT to download -everything- anew?

my friend send me BAF as a gift in steam (i have arma 2 and OA ) I accepted it but when i lauch the game the BAF still without detail ... WTF IS GOING ON ???

Sorry ahead of time if this was the wrong place to ask, I purchased Arm2,OA and BAF through Steam, and have added no files or anything to the installation.

Now it seems after 1.54 upgrade and BAF installthat I cant run many of the online multiplayer sessions like Benny's etc because they say I am missing downloadable content.

THis occasionally happened with Arm2+OA saying I as missing chernarus for some reason, but now it really is saying I am missing several files.

I never actually deleted anything from anywhere though.

Is this a case of hunting down the relevant files on the net and installing them, or do I just uninstall and reinstall.

Or possible wait as these are mod or server side bugs that havent been sorted due to the relative short period after the upgrade.

exit STEAM

start STEAM as administrator

run file integrity check on ARMA 2: OA and ARMA 2: BAF

run either one of them

in case of ARMA 2: CO you should run integrity check on ARMA 2 too

but before starting ARMA 2:OA you must run ARMA 2 at least once

(to get keys written into registry)

I am unable to start AO or BF. AO was running fine prior to the last patch. I've tried installing and reinstalling 3 times, as well as logging in as Admin on Steam and doing the aforementioned suggestions. The game integrity has checked out fine about a dozen times. Something is seriously nerfed somewhere.

The error for AO is:

"ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead failed to start: error code 83"

BF just doesn't start.

I'm running the Steam version, Windows 7 64bit. Xeon 2.8ghz dual processor. ATI 4800 series. 6 gigs of RAM. Latest drivers. No oddity installations with Steam install, nor mods etc. Completely straightforward method of install.

Edited by benpark

same here ive reinstalled verified started steam as admin done this all numerous times

im still getting arma 2 oa has encounterd problems and will now close.

arma 2 still works and oa worked before the update :)

i have installed the latest beta as suggested by dwarden and the beta works :)

must be somthing wwrong with the latest release patch for some users :)

hi benpark

dwarde posted the link on the steam forums,guess it should be ok to post here

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

read the readme you have to launch the beta with the beta exe

your steam version still wont work but you can play oa again baf untill their is a steam fix.

cheers

thanks for the info about the STEAM vs beta build working ...

anything specific about Your computer & software setup like

- using / not using UAC

- not administrator or not starting STEAM as administrator

- special security software (Comodo IS with HIPS enabled or similar)

p.s. also please try use latest STEAM client beta (it's in the settings table as opt-in option)

but only on your own risk :)

Jimm, that latest beta patch fixed the non-start issue and I can now run both AO and BF. Thanks.

I don't have to start as admin with the newest beta patch. I'm running AVG anti-virus. All else at default settings.

Edited by benpark

Hope someone can help. I have both ARMA2 and OA installed on our server via STEAM (each is in its own directory, steamapps\common\...). I've got the OA server running fine, but when I try to run EVO (or any ARMA2 missions), nothing happens. I assume this is because I don't have CO running properly on the server. Both ARMA2 and OA are fully up to date. Can anyone tell me how I do this?

Thanks.

Edited by SG_Smokintodd

So, a question:

How come the BAF DLC shows up as a separate game instead of under the DLC section of OA in Steam? Seems unnecessary.

Arma2 and op Arrowhead bought on Steam. I use vista.

Patches d/loaded no probs steam graphics all up to date.

CS and TF2 run smooth...

BUT.. Arma 2 loads.

Performing first time set up

Installing MSDirectX for windows step 1 of 1... then stops

Im installing SP2 64bit.. if it works per your suggestion ill be happy :yay:

I''ll let u know

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Nope ( i had already installed it A while a go and forgot )

any more ideas..

My question is I have Arma 2 retail, and arrowhead Stream. I also recently bought British armed forces addon from steam. So I used a windows batch file by dwarden to combine them, I was just wondering if you can use the batch file to combine all three. Thank you in advance Ringo:yay:

Hi guys....

I just bought the British DLC from Steam a few hours ago...

I don't seem to have a "BAF" folder and when I try to run the game from the provided shortcut all I get is.....

#SteamUI_JoinDialog_KeyRequestPending_Text

..in a little error box...

Anyone know what that means?

**EDIT** Oops.... suddenly seems to have started working now - took a few hours...

Having just spent the time reading thru the Steam forums I see this is a recurring issue on steam with many games...

ah well - put this one down to me being a complete Steam noob...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

So, a question:

How come the BAF DLC shows up as a separate game instead of under the DLC section of OA in Steam? Seems unnecessary.

it was needed to be done this way

---------- Post added at 05:34 ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 ----------

My question is I have Arma 2 retail, and arrowhead Stream. I also recently bought British armed forces addon from steam. So I used a windows batch file by dwarden to combine them, I was just wondering if you can use the batch file to combine all three. Thank you in advance Ringo:yay:

just add to the -mod= line entry

BAF;

it was needed to be done this way

Out of curiosity, can we know why?

HI, thanks for the info on the verifying the files

I did that on Arma2, Arma2 OA, and the BAF stuff and everything checked out fine

I am still getting these messages about "downloadable content that has been deleted" specifically CAWheeled2_BTR and other CA things.

I have no idea where these CA things came from.

Would it maybe help if I just deleted the local content and reinstalled all the arma2 components?