gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

Does anyone have a solution as to why OA fails to load the next mission after coltan blues? On I've uninstalled and redownloaded it about 4 times off steam and played the mission over and over from the beginning but nothing works i just get a black screen with a loading bar at the bottom that never does anything eventually I ctrl+alt+delete and end it. I there any way I can finish my campaign?? :(

Excuse me if this has already been answered but I've got a little bit of a problem that I'd like cleared up.

I've got arma 2 on disk and arrowhead on steam, I've got arrowhead installed but I don't have arma 2 installed. If I install arma 2, would they combine together to make combined ops?

I got a new asus g53jw laptop. I have arma 2 and OA cd versions and they run flawlessly on this machine. Problem I'm having is everytime I install steam on this computer my arma 2 and oa bohemia registry files are deleted from my registry and when I try to play arma it says "bad serial key given on setup". Now this only happens when I install steam and every couple days as long as it is installed so I am having to constantly reinstall arma. Has anyone ever had this issue and found a way to resolve it? I have contacted steam and have gotten no reply, I also tried to find a solution online but had no luck.:confused:

exit STEAM

start STEAM via "run as as administrator"

validate ARMA 2

run ARMA 2 once

validate OA

run OA or A2: CO mode

this should ensure all keys are in registry properly

I used to play arma 2 alot and now i am starting again but i saw two new exspansions. My friend said to buy it of steam but steam says i need arma 2 which i have. I put it on steam as a shortcut but it doesnt reconize it as a game it sells. so how do i put arma 2 on steam properly.

I have ArmA 2:CO on Steam, just OA and the original ArmA 2. ArmA 2 is running fine and I've been playing it for a few days. I downloaded OA today.

When I try to start it, I get this message: "Data file too short 'expansions\addons\characters_e.pbo'. Expected 672070011 B, got 534118400 B."

I'm confused. What's happening and how do I fix it? I've already tried running as admin.

i would say it's file corruption but i'm not sure , did steam trying download something ? or are some .pbo files all off sudden 0 size ?

I used to play arma 2 alot and now i am starting again but i saw two new exspansions. My friend said to buy it of steam but steam says i need arma 2 which i have. I put it on steam as a shortcut but it doesnt reconize it as a game it sells. so how do i put arma 2 on steam properly.

What about my problem can i put it on steam?

there is a server with version 1.59....where i can get this version/patch?

ok i see this is the latest beta version, but where i can install it? the _runA2CO_beta.cmd didn't work.

Edited by wrongbottle

there is a server with version 1.59....where i can get this version/patch?

ok i see this is the latest beta version, but where i can install it? the _runA2CO_beta.cmd didn't work.

the beta versions nor the RCs aren't for casual users use ...

if you unable to install them / understood the on own risk portion then please stay away from it until it's final release

The 1.59 could not find my Steam Arma2 CO. Instead I'm using the latest beta. It seems to be working.

I this a OK workaround until Steam get the update going?

Hi!

I have a problem with installing DLC's with A2:RFT (1C; Russian|lol that says smth :D|; retail|key is ok|). So I want to set up ONLY the DLC's but when installing, error pops up: (Translation) "Error when copying file (CRC error). "D:\....\PMC\Addons\pmc_language.pbo". But when I install RFT, everything's ok.

Any decisions? :D

Will 1.59 eventually update on Steam, or will the retail patch be the only available update?

If this is how slow the steam patch is gonna be, I suggest to get rid of the whole "Steam patch". Only release the universal patch for any version, so steam users wouldn't get screwed by steam.

Edited by Paratrooper511

erm, but You have the universal patch 1.59 already on website for download ...

erm, but You have the universal patch 1.59 already on website for download ...

Yes, I am aware of that. But there is a possibility that when steam releases the patch in the future, we will be asked to download the whole game again, thus the "screw up" I mentioned.

Let me elaborate on my original post.

I suggest that maybe BI should do a poll among the ArmA II Steam users, ONLY steam Arma II users. Ask all of the steam users whether they would like Steam to continue to provide the future patches through steam or not.

The redownloading whole game thing is not exclusive to ArmA II on steam. Since many other games are suffering the same problem, it doesn't seem like steam is really going to fix it anytime soon. Besides, there is probably nothing to be fixed up any way; the problem is caused by the way steam patches games. :depressed:

Well, if the users want steam to stop patching our games then it could be a win-win situation. BI wouldn't need to waste time in trying to help steam solve the technical problems; and we steam users wouldn't have to worry about unwanted updates causing redownloading of the whole game.

However, I know it's not as easy as it sounds like. So if anything in my suggestion sounds like that I am an arragont gamer whom had never set a foot in the business, which I am:p, then please accept my apologies Dwarden. :D

Edited by Paratrooper511

i will see what i can work with Valve about the not updating already updated data (i know absurd situation in first place)

The redownloading whole game thing is not exclusive to ArmA II on steam. Since many other games are suffering the same problem, it doesn't seem like steam is really going to fix it anytime soon. Besides, there is probably nothing to be fixed up any way; the problem is caused by the way steam patches games. :depressed:

I honestly can't say i've ever had this issue on any other game aside from ArmA and ArmA2. I've been using Steam since 2003 with hardly any difficulty whatsoever. I'm not trying to be a downer or anything to BIS but honestly I don't understand how this has been the only game that has had this issue on Steam. I own atleast a hundred plus games on Steam and overall the patching system on it has been smooth as silk.

Edited by Sif

i will see what i can work with Valve about the not updating already updated data (i know absurd situation in first place)

Thank you very much. Really appreciate that:yay:

I honestly can't say i've ever had this issue on any other game aside from ArmA and ArmA2. I've been using Steam since 2003 with hardly any difficulty whatsoever. I'm not trying to be a downer or anything to BIS but honestly I don't understand how this has been the only game that has had this issue on Steam. I own atleast a hundred plus games on Steam and overall the patching system on it has been smooth as silk.

Steam updates by matching files to the server one by one, if a file doesn't match it will re-download it. I've lost my modified CO launcher twice because of this. Once their representative at Steam gets around to posting the update it will 'trigger' an auto-update. (Found this on a dev post in the NS2 twitter / forums.) The huge delay with patching the ArmA series is a bit weird though.

The retail patch will work as long as you don't go anywhere near the verify button or update tab, because it will just revert you to 1.57 - which I just found out the hard way.

INSERT TITLE

So yeah.

I was kinda wanting a explantion to CO because it loads a weird Console REALLY FAST and... No game D:

And i was wondering why 1.59 isn't out yet or updated on the Steam Store Page.

INSERT TITLE

So yeah.

I was kinda wanting a explantion to CO because it loads a weird Console REALLY FAST and... No game D:

And i was wondering why 1.59 isn't out yet or updated on the Steam Store Page.

run steam as administrator

start once ARMA 2

start once ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

use the A2: CO option

it does nothing because path to either A2 or A2:OA wasn't detected in registry

The retail patch will work as long as you don't go anywhere near the verify button or update tab, because it will just revert you to 1.57 - which I just found out the hard way.

No kidding....me too !@%$!@#