Sign in to follow this  
Baron von Beer

.paa plugin + photoshop work with Arma2?

@Mr Centipede, I never managed to get cpbo working with vista, it will pack addons ok but will not extract them for me. To do that i use Eliteness (cant remember where to get it from) hopefully google will help with that :)

Does the new PAA plugin work with 64-bit vista? I assume that would mean i am running 64 bit photoshop although i have CS2 so not sure if i'm ok. might test later.

Does the new PAA plugin work with 64-bit vista? I assume that would mean i am running 64 bit photoshop although i have CS2 so not sure if i'm ok. might test later.

Don't know about Vista, but it runs fine with Win7 64.

Don't know about Vista, but it runs fine with Win7 64.

Thats odd, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with PS CS4 and its not working for me.

I have a weird problem with the new paa plugin, i place it in the plugins folder of PS like i did several times before with the old one and each time i start up PS it tells me about a missing DLL and suggests to reinstall.

If i remove the paa plugin all is normal again, very strange. :confused:

EDIT---

Tried again under Win7 and same effect, if i start PS i get a note that MSVCR71.dll is missing... the dll is there so im confused.

Edited by Shadow NX

Kegetys,

Thanks so much mate, really appreciate your efforts on your tools and everything else. I've already retextured a few BIS infantry models (after editing the ODOL P3Ds by hand) and the PAA plugin works fantastically well!

Although honestly, not surprised coming from you.

Jamie.

+1 post for you congrats

+2 points for arse licking

I'm running the 64-bit version of photoshop and I can't get it to work either. I made a post about it earlier in this thread, but I haven't heard anything back.

Best thing is to downgrade to Photoshop CS2. It does work for me with my 64bit Vista, Tried both CS3 and CS4 and for some reason CS4 and CS3 just dont work with the paa plugin.

Edited by Marss911

cant get it to work under win7 64 and CS4.

Dude, did you read the other posts in this thread?

Dude, did you read the other posts in this thread?

yup and didnt recognize that i was launching the CS4 64 bit version, works great on the 32bit version! problem fixed.

kegety

For some reason I cant get cpbo to associate with pbo file and open them. I ran cpbo from the desktop. I see a dos window flash by. when I click on the pbo nothing happens. Any ideas.

@gunterlund

right click -> extract?

@kegety

any chance for a GIMP plugin? Not all of us can afford Photoshop and i prefer to keep cracked software away from my PC.

Extract doesnt come up

@gunterlund

right click -> extract?

@kegety

any chance for a GIMP plugin? Not all of us can afford Photoshop and i prefer to keep cracked software away from my PC.

can't get arma2 to load the .paa files. It works fine with jpegs

Same problem, error dll missing MSVCR71.dll in Photoshop CS3 32b on XP SP3 32b, any suggestions plz ?

Problem doesn t exist anymore when PAAplugin is not present in FilesFormat folder of PS.

Thanks.

Sorry for digging this up again but maybe Kegetys sees it and has a solution.

This plugin was perfectly for my needs but now after a fresh XP and Photoshop install each time i use the plugin it seems to cause the dll not found error :/

Kegetys where art thou... :o

Hey guys, I'm using photoshop CS4 (64b) and I'm suffering the same from what other posts have said here, I can't get the .paa plugin to work. I don't get any messages or anything, it just isn't working period. I'm hoping a solution to this will surface, if it hasn't already. :(

Shame, i really would love to work on ArmA2 textures again and edit the BIS stuff a bit.

Guess the only option is to try reaching Kegetys over his Forums as it seems he didnt follow this topic :(

I know i dont have any right to demand anythign but a solution there would be so damn welcome.

maybe the tool in my sig can help you ;)

Right, tried it and seems to work well i just failed to localize my textview exe as for some reason it isnt found in the folder where all other bis tools installed themself.

But i really wouldnt mind to see a working ( for us with these probs ) versiosn of the plugin as that saves me lots of time because i directly can open and save from PS.

---EDIT---

Odd, i downloaded the tools pack again, put paa plugin in my plugins/file formats folder and suddently all works, yay.

Edited by Shadow NX

Hi everyone!

I had the same problem others stated. Once I added the paa plug-in PS was not working correctly (missing dll) and paa's did not show up/could not be opened.

I modified the registry path but it did not helped...

So the solution was to put the missing dlls DIRECTLY INTO THE PS DIRECTORY!

It works now with both Arma and Arma2 textures.

Thanks Keg!

Odd when i had the prob that didnt help.

However now after some weeks and downloading the tools pack again the plug works.

And it showed me how good the new normals and shaders are because most textures look rather uggly and turn into a beautiful swan ingame thanks to that ^^

Aargh, can't afford photoshop and PaaDecompresor instantly crashes when you try to decompress a file in W7 64 bit :(

Perhaps you shouldn't use illegal versions :P SCNR!

Beside the this (bad) joke, CS4 runs on Win7 X64 fine - 32-bit as well as 64-bit. The paa.8bi must be put into the 32-bit Version of your "Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats\"-Directory. The 64-bit Version is not able to recognize the plugin.

My question is another:

a) what settings do i have to take on exporting my image ?

b) what can be the reason when the image is referenced correctly in the xml, an the the path to xml is set correctly in the profile ?

Best

SnakeByte