Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Well... I just had a bit of a play and something I should really mention is:

Don't play the campaign until it is patched and working correctly, otherwise the annoying bugs will ruin it for you. When the capaign works, it is fantastic, but most of the time it doesn't (i.e. get to a checkpoint and nothing happens).

Btw, does anyone know how to set the AI to automatic again when you switch players (razor team). Everytime I switch from group leader to one of the other guys the AI no longer does anything. He will just stand in the position i left him until he is given an order. I literally have to take a bullet and roll around on the floor so another AI can take the lead. I then get the corpsman to heal "cooper" and quickly change back to one of the other characters so I don't have to command.

Surely there is a better way?

Is it only the team leader who can give orders, or can you do it with anyone you control?

In the last few pages I read of a lot of annoying bugs. I hope all of these are being referred to the bug tracker so BI can be aware of them for future patches.

I’m no longer sure when it will be that I buy the game, but at the moment it is getting longer everyday! :(

Here's a video I put together last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpPSQsUaEco

Nothing new here, just a couple of the official trailers chopped up reassembled and set to some music I enjoy.

I had fun making it though!

Wow, I really loved the music so I decided to make my own little version of it. I'm surprised I still didnt make an arma 2 music video until now (and I've been making them for years on different games). I can't wait to check out the camera options in the editors and try to work them to make some epic music videos.

I used the chernorussian defence force and russian armed forces trailers for this.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhL5uRE53E

arma22009060921320601.jpg

Helmet 1: I like your goggles.

Helmet 2: Yeah? You're not too shabby either.

Helmet 1: How about you and me get together for a drink once this is all over?

Helmet 2: Sounds good.

Helmet 1: Here's my number.

Helmet 3: I'm so lonely.

Wow. They're invulnerable to headshots.

Wow. They're invulnerable to headshots.

They've actually taken a hit to the head already...but it's nothing serious, they're just missing them badly.

Um, go for a drink? You realize they'd just get their uniforms wet? :D

I won't close this but I'll unsticky it, impressions about the 505 version now take precedence :)

Wow, I really loved the music so I decided to make my own little version of it. I'm surprised I still didnt make an arma 2 music video until now (and I've been making them for years on different games). I can't wait to check out the camera options in the editors and try to work them to make some epic music videos.

I used the chernorussian defence force and russian armed forces trailers for this.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhL5uRE53E

Great video! Loved it!