Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

This has to be the coolest arma2 video I've seen on youtube so far, from the same 1500AI guy.

Arma2 is indeed beautiful (on a half decent rig of course) :)

You really have to see it in slow motion to fully appreciate some of the animations. Running seems like one of the best implementations yet if you ask me.

will patch fix
issues?

Well, the one that made that video, seems to have missed something in the settings ( oval scope anyone ? ) , and haven't posted anything about settings, and hardware used to make it.... So it's a bit hard to say if it's game or system (or even user ) dependant.

That being said, I don't notice mutch lod shifting, some, ofcourse, whit the scope of this game, i'm sure not even a cray would handle it without problems ;) , but it's not a big deal to me Aftherall, i'm usualy not looking for flikkering, but enemies :p

I didnt follow the discussion on this thread, I just came by to say a BIG thank you to the BIS team for ArmA2. WOW. This game really blows me away. The looks, the realism, the immersion.. everything!

You guys are awesome!

In ArmA (2), right mouse button zooms in much more than it did in OFP. This results in switching/morphing of LODs of trees and bushes all the time. Am I the only one who finds this extremely distracting? Even at relatively close distances, bushes changing shape after zooming in is very noticeable during gameplay.

I havn't got ArmA2 yet, but from what your saying, it sounds exactly the same as it was in ArmA1. It was quite distracting seeing the tops of the trees and bushes changing in size as you zoomed in and out. All the movment made it that little bit more difficult to see what was enemy and what was bush.

Hmm, I think the AI's use of suppressing fire is very impressive, however, whenever I am being suppressed, even at long distance, it seems I am always hit by the first or second bullet. After that, the incoming fire seems to grow less accurate, but this is no good as I am already injured and unable to shoot back accurately.

I think this really needs adjustment - the suppressive fire should be wild at first and grow steadily more accurate as the enemy figures out your location.

Also the AI's reaction times are sometimes (not always) superhuman. E.g. I'm a sniper 400m away in a ghillie suit, I fire 1 shot at an enemy squad and they return fire (accurately!) in less than 5 seconds.... this can't be right.

Overall, it's still a massive improvement over A1 - I think we're getting there but there's room for improvement...

Hi all

Truly a LOL moment

Kind Regards walker

Very LOL indeed! I just wish BIS could sort out a better crash to ground model. We've had the wooden model planes bouncing on their noses since OFP!

Great CQB video proof the AI now know how to hunt you in houses:

Could you pls provide a mission to validate that scientifically. Videos are not really proof for anything. We need a scientific approach to validate such claims Walker. :party:

Could you pls provide a mission to validate that scientifically. Videos are not really proof for anything. We need a scientific approach to validate such claims Walker. :party:

Hi Balschoiw

You will have to hope someone who got the Morphicon version will reply before next week when I will have ArmA II and will be able to do this among many other tests.

As you quote me; videos are recording of data as are reports; as to what data that as I say requires a downloadable mission so people may repeat the test for them selves.

In that light if you were to put a post in the youtube video of the mission they may be able to point you to a downloadable version of the mission.

Or you could try http://6thSense.eu

Kind Regards walker

Lol, keep the heat on 'em! Don't forget to try to invalidate the test as well, use waypoints or something that tells them to go up there.

You really are a spiteful passive aggressive, aren't you? :p

Hi all

Another great ArmA II video best watched in High Definiton:

When I get my copy of ArmA II on Friday I have got to do this!

Think I will include the music!

Kind Regards walker

Could anyone link a Tank battle? Havent seen any yet, so would be most apreciated :)

Regards SnakePliskin

Could anyone link a Tank battle? Havent seen any yet, so would be most apreciated

Pretty cool.

Hi! I'm also norwegian ;p Just wondering, have you ordered the game? Cause I can't find it anywhere in Norway :o

Hi! I'm also norwegian ;p Just wondering, have you ordered the game? Cause I can't find it anywhere in Norway :o

Someone posted that you can get from some German websites. I try to find it for you. Wait one.

Here you go Siddern. http://petergames.nexway.de/Kaufen-Arma_II-671810.html

Edited by ScorpionGuard

Before the air raid:

eufw29b6.jpg

After the air raid:

nhl99lji.jpg

Do roads now already grow? BUG!!!

yes:k:

with your specs? :O damn pretty demanding game

lol where that hooker came from? The grandma is her pimp for the western costumers? :D