Sign in to follow this  

ArmA 2 German Release Thread

I for one can't wait to get my hands on the campaign. From what I've seen in the language files it looks quite realistic. Much more like OFP campaigns (which I sucked at and couldn't complete until CWR for Arma1, lol), and not like Arma1 campaign at all.

Also, as a mission designer, playing the campaign (and single missions) from this pov gives some great impressions as to what is possible to do in a mission.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1120/huml.png[/img]

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8269/boot.png

1280x720, graphics on normal, Landscape quality low, Distance 1200 (standard setting 1600)

Every option has low - very high.

Havent figured out the best config for my system yet. (Settings and drivers)

But this is how it looks at the moment.

Sort of OT and on the pictures but I see the boat is submerged quite deeply but there is no water clipping inside, does this mean this no longer happens or is it just the angle?

Icewindo posted this in another thread:

That's bloody amazing!!! All kinds of items as proper items now. Hopefully no more magic items! YEAH!! :D

Is it just me...or are those folded propellers and wings on the V-22s at the stern of the ship?

Looks like it, though most likely the stowed vehicles are props unless crew have animations to set it up and fold the blades into place.

I like how the sound inside the helicopter is much more muffled, a bit strange when your character isn't wearing headgear for it but it's a tradeoff I'd easily take.

That's bloody amazing!!! All kinds of items as proper items now. Hopefully no more magic items! YEAH!! :D

Please explain this sentence.

Peace,

DreDay

Please explain this sentence.

Peace,

DreDay

In the video you can see things like the map, compass, watch and so on in the inventory. So they can be picked up and dropped just like ammo and weapons.

In the video you can see things like the map, compass, watch and so on in the inventory. So they can be picked up and dropped just like ammo and weapons.

Oh I see now... Yep, I've noticed that as well. Although, personally I would have rather used those slots for extra grenades or other ammo. It looks like the "item" slots are different than either primary or secondary ammo slots, I wonder if they would accept ammo or just "items"...

Peace,

DreDay

Oh I see now... Yep, I've noticed that as well. Although, personally I would have rather used those slots for extra grenades or other ammo. It looks like the "item" slots are different than either primary or secondary ammo slots, I wonder if they would accept ammo or just "items"...

Peace,

DreDay

Might be good for mission items too. Collect evidence and stuff.

Could potentially be used in mods like ACE2 to carry bandages and special equipment :)

This is not realistic at all :mad: Compass or map should not take any ammo slots.

Might be good for mission items too. Collect evidence and stuff.

Could potentially be used in mods like ACE2 to carry bandages and special equipment :)

I agree. It would definitely be useful for modding. You could even place things like extra ammo for the crew served weapons (hint, hint ACE2) in there ;)

Peace,

DreDay

This is not realistic at all :mad: Compass or map should not take any ammo slots.

You misunderstood. They have seperate 'item' slots, they don't use the same slots as ammo :)

Sort of OT and on the pictures but I see the boat is submerged quite deeply but there is no water clipping inside, does this mean this no longer happens or is it just the angle?
I think its the angle. The Boat is a little deeper where Im sitting i guess but there are no water clipping problems.

Bit off-topic but I downloaded the game from petergames.de and download and install went fine but when it asks for a CD-Key I have no idea where to find one since it was downloaded and there wasn't a key in the confirmation e-mail.

Could anyone who got the digital version help me out?

Can someone who downloaded the game from Metaboli tell me how big the first part of the setup is? I downloaded it with Firefox, whereas I downloaded the rest with that free dl manager, and the 1st part is 1.6 MB smaller than the 2nd and 3rd part.

I know it's lame but still....:D

Edit: having playes it for about 15 mins, I must say that ArmA1 is nowhere near this. Maybe its missing some realism features that the so called ACE mod has, but the atmosphere in ArmA1 is absolutely inferior.

Nikolaevits: they will send another e-mail after they examined your bank account so that they are sure that this isnt some kind of fraud. Since today is a holiday, no workers are there to check it. You will receive your key tomorrow.

Edited by ziiip

Yes, but how many bytes? First one for me is 1,998,385,152 bytes, the next two are 2,000,000,000 both.

Thx. :D Anyway, I DLed it again with the free download manager and its the same exact size, so I guess the Firefox was ok after all. :)

It arrived today.

The Performance is quite good on my Laptop.

I have a Dual Core 2,0 Ghz, a Nvidia 8600m GT and 2 gb ddr2 ram and I run it on normal settings.

In the forest I got 15 fps with 1280x720 resolution, visibility about 1550. Lowering resolution to 960x540 didn't give extra fps. I am not going to buy new computer so I will sell original German Metaboli CD key and download links for 30 eur if anyone wants to buy it. Just PM me.

Thinkpad T61P 15.4" 4G T7500 570m (with modded 8600m gt drivers), Winxp

Bad performance in the forest. Did you ever drive into Chernogorsk ? I have average FPS between 35-45, but driving into Chernogorsk or other cities the frames drop neraly to zero. When you respawn within city limits you have to wait for some secs in order to recover the graphics....

Life hates me it seems, soem free days in germany, a early A2 and a promised patch for the weekend.

And then my PSU dies rendering my PC ( @Home ) useless... hooray.

Hopefully i get things sorted this week to be able to play A2 again and deliver the A1 addons we still havent been able to release yet.

Anyone who ordered it overseas from amazon.de got their game yet?

Im getting bored here and thinking Downloading it from Metaboli, but for some reason i cant even find arma 2 in there :D

Life hates me it seems, soem free days in germany, a early A2 and a promised patch for the weekend.

And then my PSU dies rendering my PC ( @Home ) useless... hooray.

Hopefully i get things sorted this week to be able to play A2 again and deliver the A1 addons we still havent been able to release yet.

LOL....shit happens :p

Some words in German......lass Dir ruhig Zeit denn im Moment ist ArmA noch ne ziemlich Spass- und Performance Bremse. Ich hoffe das uns der Patch diese Woche raushaut. :yay: