Sign in to follow this  
Redfist

Anyone know anything about the languages in the game?

Hi guys,

I live in Poland, but I am not Polish. When I bought Arma 1 in Poland the game was entirely in Polish and there was no option to change the language. I only managed to change it to English via a modified data file from a friend. Does anyone know what the situation will be with Arma 2?

Should I order it from outside of Poland in order to get an English-language version? Or, will the game ship with all the languages to choose from?

If anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated.

Redfist :)

I would like to know about this also. Is the version going for sale in Europe going be multi-language or just contain the language for the country it is going to be sold in? More to the point, what version (multi-language or French) will be available in France? Thanks.

I would like to see the ability to change language within the game. I didn't know for a long time that I could simply change the name of the language within my config file...

OK, since nobody answered, another question.

Apparently Arma2 is released in Germany, and it is not a multi-language version. How was Arma1 sold in Germany? Was it multi-language or German language only?

Thanks.

The German and Russian has their own languages only. There is a polish guy in this forum claiming to have a MULTI lang version bought in Poland. If its true or not is another case. I believe BIS said there would be a unified patch for EU versions later on. I believe the english version also will contain english language only though i'm not 100% sure.

Edited by Raggz

Arma 2's german release is german only; by the look of it 505's release will be multi language european and bring the release of a multi language patch for german versions; best bet will be to wait out the 505 release if you want to be sure you can get a multi language version

OK, since nobody answered, another question.

Apparently Arma2 is released in Germany, and it is not a multi-language version. How was Arma1 sold in Germany? Was it multi-language or German language only?

Thanks.

As far as i remember:

Originally, Arma1 was german only and the english language was included in some patch.

I second what DaveP said about this.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Ah, decisions decisions. Should I wait for the pre-order at my local store, hoping for a 505 multi-language release? But then the store clerks never know whether a PC game is multi-language or not, and my Arma1 box is by 505, is all in French on the outside, but does not say that the content is in fact multi-language. Or should I cancel it and pre-order from the UK? But then, if the local release is multi-language I'd have wasted like 3 days, which will be devastating! :D

Thanks for the replies guys.

Ah, decisions decisions. Should I wait for the pre-order at my local store, hoping for a 505 multi-language release? But then the store clerks never know whether a PC game is multi-language or not, and my Arma1 box is by 505, is all in French on the outside, but does not say that the content is in fact multi-language. Or should I cancel it and pre-order from the UK? But then, if the local release is multi-language I'd have wasted like 3 days, which will be devastating! :D

3 days! That's like... 259200 seconds of not playing! :eek:

:D

I'm pretty confident that they'll give all Euro versions an english setting. The language setting is already there in the german version, it's just disabled and locked to german. For me that's like a signpost saying "Watch this space!".

does anybody actually have a reasonable explanation for them not issuing multilingual copies of the game? :confused: releasing games with several keys languages available has been standard practice - at least in europe - for years. UbiSoft is a great example.

why do we yet again have to wait for a patch to be able to play in english? english speech and german subtitles and menues is just a dumb combination. :(

The game is not yet released anywhere except Germany.

Also, various local publishers are selling their localized versions, which makes it more difficult to use unified language versions.

I strongly recommend everyone to wait for the official release in your country / your language.

To clarify the language options out of the box:

* 505 Games release will always have English / French / Italian / Spanish languages with the option to switch in game

* Peter Games (Morphicon) is German only

* US version will be English only

* there will be also Russian only, Czech only, Polish only and Hungarian only releases

why do we yet again have to wait for a patch to be able to play in english? english speech and german subtitles and menues is just a dumb combination. :(
Edited by Maruk

The game is not yet released anywhere except Germany.

Also, various local publishers are selling their localized versions, which makes it more difficult to use unified language versions.

I strongly recommend everyone to wait for the official release in your country / your language.

well, people in german speaking europe (like myself) would like to enjoy this game completely in english, too. especially considering the fact that Morphicon has done a horrible job at the translation.

I bought the german version of the original Arma in Germany when I was over there, and played it for a week before putting it in a box due to it being unplayable.

At the time, it was German only with 3rd party english mods.

Today I installed it and updated it to latest version 1.14 and I can now select english.

Why can't they do the same for Arma 2?

I bought the german version of the original Arma in Germany when I was over there, and played it for a week before putting it in a box due to it being unplayable.

At the time, it was German only with 3rd party english mods.

Today I installed it and updated it to latest version 1.14 and I can now select english.

Why can't they do the same for Arma 2?

They are doing it for Arma 2 too. The patch that adds that option is released at the same time as 505 release.

They are doing it for Arma 2 too. The patch that adds that option is released at the same time as 505 release.

Hopefully this is true since I already bought the German version and don't speak German.

If they released the game in all countries by all publishers at the same time then I guess all versions would have english and localized language files.

But it isn't that hard to understand that they can't release the german version with english language if the english version is to be released at least one month later, isn't it?

kinda funny; i noticed the screenshots in the german manual are in english. Morphicon must have disabled the english language so as not to steal english speaking customers from 505, methinks. :D

Its the same situation here in Slovakia. The game will be released fully in CZ (speaches, text - everything) language, which I do not speak. So, if I pre-order this CZ version from a slovakian store, do you think there will be an option to choose English?

In my case the game release date is 17th on Jun, and if I decide to order from abroad the nearest date I could get the game is a week later.

Rebel;1304689']Its the same situation here in Slovakia. The game will be released fully in CZ (speaches' date=' text - everything) language, which I do not speak. So, if I pre-order this CZ version from a slovakian store, do you think there will be an option to choose English?[/quote']

Apparently not, since Maruk said:

To clarify the language options out of the box:

* 505 Games release will always have English / French / Italian / Spanish languages with the option to switch in game

* Peter Games (Morphicon) is German only

* US version will be English only

* there will be also Russian only, Czech only, Polish only and Hungarian only releases

So apparently the CZ version will be CZ only out of the box, as opposed to the 505 version that will be the only multi-language one. If the question was whether the CZ version will be patched to include English text as was the case with the German version of Arma1 and is promised with Arma2, then I suppose the question is still open.

And Maruk, thanks for clarifying about the 505 release. Since a French-only version is not planned I can only assume that the box sold in France will be the 505 version, which is great news indeed.

Thanx for the info... seems like I have to order it from UK

On the other hand I do not understand why the local publishers can`t deal with special requests. If I were them, I would surely order a few pieces of ENG version just for stock.

Edited by [SONAF]Rebel

So will I never be able to use english officially with a german cd key? If this is the case I wish this would have been clear when the german version was launched because I WOULD NOT have bought it. If this isn't ever straightened out and I end up having problems playing MP (because servers don't install keys for language mods) I'll probably end up holding a grudge towards BIS. Hopefully they make this right.

They cant make it right unless the publishers say they can, I mentioned this bull also and I am afraid its not upto bis at this time. Lovely eh?