Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

:):)

I've been looking into CDWOW, its so tempting since its like half the price of what we will pay in the game retail stores.

I guess since its imported and all, it wont have all the aussie classifications tuff on it? like MA15+ and all that but it will the the euro version.

I dont really buy games online, apart from digital download... but i prefer a hard copy.

I just keep thinking the game box and all will be in bad condition and wont be all shiny and new lookin like in retail stores.

Poor things been imported from the other side of the world !!! =(

im thinking that 51 dollars AUS or whatever it is might be a little too good to be true. to whoever has pre-ordered. i hope it works out great! but im not a big fan of pre ordering anyway.. its like lay by, i hate that stuff.. i dont wanna part with my money unless im getting handed some goods at the same time :)

Keep an aussie employed! Buy local! lol

If its only another $10-$20 i'll get from local shop, but if it is only $50 from UK ill be doing the postal.

The steam release would be great considering you can have steam dl only from Telstra unmetered servers. Hopefully they do take that route.

Geez man you're using telstra ADSL :confused:

Anyway, screw this "wait weeks not months", I want to wait 0 days thank you very much. I'll be downloading the EU/UK version the second it's available online.

I don't know about you guys, but the TG servers seem to be a lot better (although laggier) than the AU ones. So many more players, and everyone is super serious.

The steam release would be great considering you can have steam dl only from Telstra unmetered servers. Hopefully they do take that route.

steam would be amazing, but i hear its only doing the UK/EU area. saw that mentioned a few times on the steam forums. so basically no credability at all.

but i dunno, you might get a lot of mismatch dramas on steam if your using mods and it starts forcing updates on you

I went to my local ebgames store and they said the game doesnt exist on their computer wtf?, but OFP2cover is on the shelves.. looks like ArmA2 won't be very spread after all. I found that http://www.cdwow.co.nz sells ArmA2 for $63.99 NZD, erghh but now release date changed to 26th? was 19th 2 days ago.., im just curious why our release date is so far back..

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

Geez man you're using telstra ADSL :confused:

ADSL?

I have a 30mbps cable connection through them :)

but i dunno, you might get a lot of mismatch dramas on steam if your using mods and it starts forcing updates on you

Yeah, I considered that just after I made the post, I'll actually be steering clear of a steam release, the last thing I want is it playing up or having some unforseen compatibility problem with multiplayer.

Edited by Baldman

Hi all,

Im from an Arma clan called SCU, we are a bunch of Kiwis and Aussies who have our own Arma server and are in the process of getting a new Arma2 private server for the next 12 months. Please feel free to stop on by our forums and check us out

http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forums/

We always welcome new members who are over 18 and use Teamspeak. Many of our members use TrackIR and we will be playing organised AA2 nights twice a week and member drop in games all the other days. We have our own map/mission makers and create and play a lot of custom missions. We use a variety of AA mods, all of which are client and server side tested before being used on our private server. Game stability is important to us. We are very good at teamplay and have a wide range of skillsets amongst our members (Im the heli whore :p)We also play a lot of COD WAW and Eve online

Come say hi in our forums and maybe join us for a few games on our private server over the coming months. Any other Aussie or Kiwi clans interested in a few friendlys on a private server get in touch with us.

Cheers

Spanky_nz

sqdlogo.jpg

Edited by nzjono
forgot to add a piccy

Americas Army whats that;)

Will come check your forums when Arma II is running in the land down under

Lol yea AA is Americas Army, call it Arma and grats on your first post being inappropriate, this is not a recruiting thread, observe title.

Long time Lurker first time poster!

anyway, hope the 9th of June is correct. been waiting for this game like many others for a long time. i have no interest in the cost or how i get it (d/l or DVD) i just want it :)

off topic: ive been playing Arma1 for a while now, but i never jumped online because none of my mates play and wasnt sure which aussie server was for me.. any tips would be great!

cheers.

I think you will find that EB is just echoing the already speculated July 9th Aussie release date.

July 9th looks way too far.. i suspect a release around 19th-30th of June.. both for NZ and Australia

Prolly best to just wait till the July 9th release rather than import from overseas. This way there will b many more people playing it and all. Rather not paly when multiplayer is a ghost town.

Prolly best to just wait till the July 9th release rather than import from overseas. This way there will b many more people playing it and all. Rather not paly when multiplayer is a ghost town.

And bug fixes.

erghh july 9th?? joking me right?? on www.cdwow.co.au it was like 19/06/09 last week and now they pushed it to 26/06/09 grrr... really don't wanna wait extra 2 weeks after that.. sure some bugs might exist but id rather play with bugs than no bugs.. if it was to come out earlier here

I dont really wanna do CDWOW, dont want a foreign box. I want an aussie box with all our classification and shiz.

I might be tempted to order on CDWOW though as time passes, getting a lil bored of counter strike source and team fortress 2.

I dont really wanna do CDWOW, dont want a foreign box. I want an aussie box with all our classification and shiz.

I might be tempted to order on CDWOW though as time passes, getting a lil bored of counter strike source and team fortress 2.

how do you know if itll be a foreign box?

Ok Russianguy, let me clear this up for you, the 19th June release date is for the German release from Morphicon/Peter Games, the 26th June is the 505 Games release in Europe (UK, Czech also I think), CDWOW will be importing the 505 games version (in English) for early sale in Aus, the un-confirmed release date for Aus is July 9th, 505 Games will be handling the game in Aus. Also the 505 Games release version will be a more complete version, read into that what you will.

This is why games should have simultaneous international releases.

Edited by Trauma.au

Ok Russianguy, let me clear this up for you, the 19th June release date is for the German release from Morphicon/Peter Games, the 26th June is the 505 Games release in Europe (UK, Czech also I think), CDWOW will be importing the 505 games version (in English) for early sale in Aus, the un-confirmed release date for Aus is July 9th, 505 Games will be handling the game in Aus. Also the 505 Games release version will be a more complete version, read into that what you will.

Wrong! German release is tomorrow 29th, thats why theres a german release thread.

Rest of EU is 19th June. The original rls date was 26th June. I dont know where 9th July comes from for AU rls. EB games told me 9th JUNE.

Bwuh? Morphicon/PG release is May 29th. 505 Games release is June 19th.

EDIT: Nazul beat me to it on his black dragon of death.

An aussie always is quicker than a german.

An aussie always is quicker than a german.

I'm a actually british. Germany just happens to be my current location. :)

Also I just realized I was thinking of Nazgul, so the black dragon of death comment didn't make much sense. Ah well... slow day.

I'm a actually british. Germany just happens to be my current location. :)

Also I just realized I was thinking of Nazgul, so the black dragon of death comment didn't make much sense. Ah well... slow day.

hehe your very lucky maddog :D :D hope you get it and everything goes well with your copy! ^ ^

Wrong! German release is tomorrow 29th, thats why theres a german release thread.

Rest of EU is 19th June. The original rls date was 26th June. I dont know where 9th July comes from for AU rls. EB games told me 9th JUNE.

Oh didnt know Gemany was that far forward now, anyways still remains that Germany 1st, UK/Europe next, and who knows after that, the rumored July 9th was from Kotaku a while back.

lol again this is why there should only be one release date for any title.

Oh didnt know Gemany was that far forward now, anyways still remains that Germany 1st, UK/Europe next, and who knows after that, the rumored July 9th was from Kotaku a while back.

lol again this is why there should only be one release date for any title.

Fully agree, i hate how some people have to end up waiting weeks like us after other people who got it weeks before. I think the developers should of had a worldwide release date so its not so far off like Germany 29th,Europe/US and World 30th or 1st of June for example... i know the developers are working their butts off and i fully understand what they are going through.. but in reality the release dates for other countries should'nt always be so far back..