Sign in to follow this  
Electricleash

The Bohemia 'Clutter Cutter'?

Introducing the Bohemia 'Clutter Cutter'

Just making a suggestion for a placeable 'Clutter Cutter' for the editor that removes the clutter from a designated area, in a similar way to the Invisible helo pad has done in previous installments.

Possibly one square and one circular invisible object, of varying sizes (Small/Medium/Large).

Or if there was an easy 'Clutter Cutter' script that could be linked to a trigger area.

Often when setting down bases there would be grass growing all around and inside tents/fireplaces etc.

I realize it's more aesthetic and not one of the major issues but just thought I'd throw it out there... plus it's fun to say; 'Clutter Cutter'.

E

Is there not already a grass cutter object? I've definatly got one in my editor, maybe it came with an editor update.

Otherwise you can use an unvisible Helipad. It will delete the grass.

But i think there is an extra clutter in ArmA1.

Regards -rF- Culti

A cutter with a larger area is needed. Even better would be a command that removes clutter within a trigger area.

Even better would be a command that removes clutter within a trigger area.

I would love such as the Arma 1 grass cutter was not adjustable in size or shape. A scripting command for the editor bound to a freely customizeable trigger that can have all sorts of shapes would perfectly fit for every campsituation I can think of. With the old cutter it sometimes looked odd as for the circular structure you sometimes had unsatisfying results and the work to place a number of them properly was a pita sometimes.

Good idea to bind it to a trigger.

:pet7:

Or marker. Anyways this would be very appreciated feature to have.

i didnt know their was such an addon but i totaly agree with this idea. Mainly because when im bulding missions the grass just goes places where you dont want it!

Hi, the problem with the ArmA grass cutter object is that it's destryable, so if you place a

satchel, it's hit by a HE/HEAT round or even a few M-67's... then the grass appear again;

if it don't were destroyable, i think that will be better. Let's C ya

I don't know the in-depth mechanics behind the clutter distribution system, but further thinking on a 'trigger' cutter method would potentially allow the ability to cut 'paths' through fields and long grass, (Crop circles anyone?) ;) or maybe allow the mission maker to remove some of the grass around a favourable sniper position to encourage the player to use it, Makeshift landing strips etc.

Obviously this is getting speculative, but the basic ideas mentioned earlier would certainly suffice.

the grass cutter object should be like the fire place object that you can have inflame true or inflame false in its init line to say if grass will be on or off, awesomest thing ever would be to have a system similar to setpos where you can assign 0,5 or other value to set grass height :)