Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

... +2

Are you answering me? You mean any version above 2?

Are you answering me? You mean any version above 2?

He means TrackIR 5

Oh I see. I said V3, he said +2. Gotcha.

But what exactly does 5 bring to the (specifically Arma2) party that 3 and 4 don't?

edit. aha. Found this on NP's site

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/trackir-product-comparison.html

5 has better resolution then, but 4 is a lot cheaper.

Edited by Tankbuster

Oh I see. I said V3, he said +2. Gotcha.

But what exactly does 5 bring to the (specifically Arma2) party that 3 and 4 don't?

edit. aha. Found this on NP's site

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/trackir-product-comparison.html

5 has better resolution then, but 4 is a lot cheaper.

Alot cheaper? On Ebay the difference is not soo big.

I'm in the UK though and most of those sellers are in the US. If at all possible, I want to avoid the customs and excise man taking me roughly from behind.

I bought from "Yogi Computers" on ebay which is in the US (I'm in Canada). I was surprised to see they labeled the package as a $20 gift, so there was no cross border stuff to pay. ;)

I'm looking at the same guy. Am so tempted. :)

I've used trackIR since arma 1 came out. First thing I did was disable the Zoom in which would conflict with the head panning ingame, easy fix in controls menu. Other than that trackir is great!

I'm a former freetrack user, so I'm familiar with the concept and already have an idea how I want TIR to work for me.

I bought from "Yogi Computers" on ebay which is in the US (I'm in Canada). I was surprised to see they labeled the package as a $20 gift, so there was no cross border stuff to pay. ;)

I bought mine from PC Aviator specifically for two reasons; price and USPS shipping option. The price was almost identical to the discount offered thru Dyslexi and Natural Point but they offered USPS shipping. The UPS cross border brokerage fee($60?) is a rip-off of major proportions an many Canadians know and the fee the post office charges is $5.00 and maybe GST. I was surprised to have the parcel fall on my foot when I opened my door:yay:. No fee at all and no picking it up at the postal outlet:D Mine was labeled with the correct price and description (PC hdwe for game) but with a private seller's name. Is that why there was no GST or fees?

With mine (from Yogi Computers) I ordered through ebay (paid via paypal... $163 USD I think?) on Sunday. I got an email saying my order had been processed first thing Monday morning and it arrived the following Friday, first thing in the morning. (I'm in Nova Scotia and it came from Pennsylvania if I recall correctly). It was hand delivered by the post guy, with no charges or anything of that sort. As said, it was labeled as a "gift" and valued at "$20" which is why I think there were no taxes, or cross border fees. Not saying that's "right", but it was appreciated.

I'd buy from those guys again in a second.

He put a gift down on the label because gifts are not subject to import duties. Here in the UK, the C&E guys who look after this sort of thing have got really hot in the last few years. Not much gets through any more, even if it is labelled as a gift or a sample.

I suppose I have this choice. Take a gamble and get it from the US. Maybe cheaper, maybe not. Or get it here in the UK at a known price and with quicker delivery. Of course, I really ought to support my local retailer, too. :)

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I've used trackIR since arma 1 came out. First thing I did was disable the Zoom in which would conflict with the head panning ingame, easy fix in controls menu. Other than that trackir is great!

I actually found the zoom was one of the great things about head tracking. Being able to zoom in just by leaning closer to the monitor. It made scanning with the Javelin much better. Helo door gunning likewise.

It was SO natural. You wanted to see closer so you lean into the monitor and the view zooms in. Excellent!

I bought mine from the same guy last month.

I'm in the US so duties weren't a concern.

However the guy sent me updates immediately after I bought it and I had the trackir on my doorstep in 3 days.

He's a great seller. I'd recommend him in a heartbeat.

When I install the final version and do Games Update, the track IR software doesn't recognize Arma 2 (on Steam) anymore. I rolled back to the beta version and it works again.

When I install the final version and do Games Update, the track IR software doesn't recognize Arma 2 (on Steam) anymore. I rolled back to the beta version and it works again.

I noticed the same thing.

Also the bug i referred some pages back is still present! Its pissing me off! :mad:

Edited by bravo 6
typo

My eBay sniping is considerably better than my Arma2 sniping, so I'm the proud winner of a used TIR4 with clip on eBay UK. :)

I will probably buy one when I can afford it =P.

Btw, is this enough for Arma2 http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/trackir5/ or should one also buy trackclip with it, that LED thing? These things dont come with the camera product itself http://www.verkkokauppa.com/productimages/orig/74860_01.jpg ? Are they necessary? Please explain -.-.

could someone answer that ? thx

I highly recommend the Track Clip Pro. You can use the other reflector but you need to mount it on a hat, kinda silly.

I've gone for the clip, as do most users, according to the Natural Point forums.

I noticed the same thing.

Unfortunately, there was a small snafu in uploading the final version of 5.0 from our internal build machine to the server. It's been fixed, as of about 2 hours ago. You'll find a "new" final on the downloads page, with this problem "re-fixed." Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also the bug i referred some pages back is still present! Its pissing me off! :mad:

Which bug is that? Have you contacted our tech support about it?

-Seth

The problem I have with my TIR5 is that the none of the mapped hot-keys are recognized in-game. If I Alt-Tab to the TrackIR control panel, I can use them - but as soon as I switch back to Arma2 it stops working. I've tried several, unique key-binds to no avail. I'm using the Steam version of Arma2, so I'm wondering if their overlay is interfering somehow. I'm using 5.0 beta B software. The "about" dialog shows 5.0.300 build 6225 however.

The problem I have with my TIR5 is that the none of the mapped hot-keys are recognized in-game. If I Alt-Tab to the TrackIR control panel, I can use them - but as soon as I switch back to Arma2 it stops working. I've tried several, unique key-binds to no avail. I'm using the Steam version of Arma2, so I'm wondering if their overlay is interfering somehow. I'm using 5.0 beta B software. The "about" dialog shows 5.0.300 build 6225 however.

5.0 Final (b) = 5.0.300 build 6225, just so you know.

Regarding the hotkey issue, do you have the hotkeys trapped in the TrackIR software?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Seth

Thanks, this "new" final version is working just fine.