Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

9400GT if thats like even more budget card than a 9600GT then your going to have issues with the game im sure.. It prob dont even match with a 8800GT

Yeah, I just bought it as well... ok I'll try and return it. What card would you recommend under £100 for Arma 2?

I'm basically building a new PC for this game. I missed out on ArmA 1 because my computer is a slow ass

I was on the same boat.

I just finished building my new pc like two weekds ago.

I can now play ArmA1 at full settings at 60fps.

Wow.

I tried playing it with my 6800GT and what a joke that was. that is a recommend card. oh well.

Yeah, I just bought it as well... ok I'll try and return it. What card would you recommend under £100 for Arma 2?

Im pretty sure you can get 1GB Radeon HD4850s for around £100. I saw some on Dabs at least.

PS. I think the only bottleneck i have is my video card im not sure though, if you guys have any suggestions on good video cards for Arma 2 that would be cool thx

I wouldnt bother upgrading, the spec you have should be able to give you enough frames, there are people who have similar specs who play it fine. Play the game before you decide whether you really need to replace anything.

I don't want to speak out of turn, as I'm new here. BUT, wouldn't it be well advised for everyone to just d/l the demo when it's available, to gauge performance? (That is, if you're not planning on buying regardless like me)

There are so many hardware options, software settings, etc. The minimum requirements are easily available, and a question like, "Can I run it?" is like asking "how long is a piece of string?" It depends on what you expect from the game. (e.g. I want to see the enemy's nosehairs before I kill them, or I'm happy with colorful shapeson my screen).

Also, why buy a bunch of hardware for a game which is still awaiting an optimization patch?

QFT :notworthy:

I am gandering several informations to get a new system. So every opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Will the following system be balanced for ArmA2 to play it with all options at max and having a fluid game?

CPU: INTEL CORE I7 920 (2.66GHZ) SKT 1366 BOX (D0)

Cooler: THERMALRIGHT ULTRA-120 EXTREME RETAIL (775 / 1366)

Board: ASUS P6T

Mem: OCZ Platinum DDR3 3X2GB 1333MHZ Triple Channel (6GB)

GPU: XFX Ati HD4890 Black Edition 1024MB DDR5 PCI-E

Monitor: ASUS TFT 24" VW246H 2MS (WIDE) - HDMI

PSU: CORSAIR TX-650W

Case: ANTEC THREE HUNDRED

I am gandering several informations to get a new system. So every opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Will the following system be balanced for ArmA2 to play it with all options at max and having a fluid game?

CPU: INTEL CORE I7 920 (2.66GHZ) SKT 1366 BOX (D0)

Cooler: THERMALRIGHT ULTRA-120 EXTREME RETAIL (775 / 1366)

Board: ASUS P6T

Mem: OCZ Platinum DDR3 3X2GB 1333MHZ Triple Channel (6GB)

GPU: XFX Ati HD4890 Black Edition 1024MB DDR5 PCI-E

Monitor: ASUS TFT 24" VW246H 2MS (WIDE) - HDMI

PSU: CORSAIR TX-650W

Case: ANTEC THREE HUNDRED

I would would get the corsair 850watt psu instead. you may want to add a second card, you are going to need more juice.

I would would get the corsair 850watt psu instead. you may want to add a second card, you are going to need more juice.

I understand your point, but we don't know if ArmA2 can handle 2 cards.. can it?

I understand your point, but we don't know if ArmA2 can handle 2 cards.. can it?

i'd say it's too risky right now. stick with a single card solution.

i'd say it's too risky right now. stick with a single card solution.

yeah, its too risky.. it would be really nice to know if BIS plan to introduce the 2 cards crossfire because if they do the system plans have to a little different, per example the pc case has to be other then the one mentioned.

yeah, its too risky.. it would be really nice to know if BIS plan to introduce the 2 cards crossfire because if they do the system plans have to a little different, per example the pc case has to be other then the one mentioned.

that being said, what i think soulfly is saying is that if you can upgrade to the 850w PSU for not much more money, it might be a good idea in case you decide to add a second card later on down the road.

On box it says reccomend specs, and my PC 'beats' those, I understand this isnt a high spec PC but your information is wrong and false advertising.

This game lags so bad on my 9800gtx+, Q6600 2.4 GHz, got all latest drivers and crap.

this isnt a rant, its just a kind request to change the reccomend specifications to an i7 and a GTX 295 ;/

I had a 8800GTS 320mb card with a 2.4Ghz Ghz Q6600. This gave me a 3dmark score overall of about 10500 and if I OC'd the Q6600 to 3.0GHZ (Not Stable) I got 12000 MAX.

Now all I did was buy a 4870 and put that in and run the Q6600 at 2.4Ghz and the max benchmark I could get was 12000! and OC'd the Q6600 to 3.0GHZ and got 15000.

My point is previously the 8800GTS was holding back the CPU and now the Q6600 even OC'd looks like it is holding back the 4870. This is good news for me because I think I have now after 2 years finally got the most I can from the CPU and enough to play ARMA2 with but the Q6600 really has to be Overclocked to 2.8 or 3.0 Ghz. I didn't want to spend much on an upgrade right now and this gives me the most bang for my buck, near 30% improvement for $260 Aussie Dollars, not bad IMO.

I am running winXP 32 bit with 2GB RAM.

you may want to add a second card, you are going to need more juice.

You are taking the piss, right?

The spec as it stands is going to be more than enough to play ArmA II at high settings. Adding in a second card is probably going to cause more problems than anything because of the game's dodgy support for dual GPU setups. Besides, with all the issues, it's just a huge waste of money. But one card now, and replace it when the next big thing comes out. Cheaper and more efficient.

Now all I did was buy a 4870 and put that in and run the Q6600 at 2.4Ghz and the max benchmark I could get was 12000! and OC'd the Q6600 to 3.0GHZ and got 15000.

You should be able to get much more than that out of a Q6600. What sort of cooler and motherboard are you using?

Edited by echo1

You should be able to get much more than that out of a Q6600. What sort of cooler and motherboard are you using?

Yes you are correct. I have a good cooler but to be honest I can't be bothered messing around with voltages etc so I am happy with my stable overclock as it is. If ARMA 2 runs badly at the current level then I may just let out a sigh and spend a few hours playing with the overclock to get 3.2 or so.

Also in Australia it gets mighty hot during summer and I am not in a refrigerated air con room so even 3.0Ghz seems to push the temp limit in summer.

An even better cooler? maybe, I'll see what happens.

Does anyone have vista ultimate 64bit and has Arma2? I know that vista sucks at running games but how much performance lost is there compared to say XP.

Has anyone tried Arma 2 with vista SP2. srry for all the questions i just want to know wut i need to change on my pc to play Arma 2 on max settings with good fps

Does anyone have vista ultimate 64bit and has Arma2? I know that vista sucks at running games but how much performance lost is there compared to say XP.

Has anyone tried Arma 2 with vista SP2. srry for all the questions i just want to know wut i need to change on my pc to play Arma 2 on max settings with good fps

i heard there was a 10-15 fps loss when using vista 64bit between windows 7 64bit.

o dam ok well for Arma if you click on the Icon and go to compatibility there a option where it says run this program in compatibility mode and there's a list it has xp and old versions of windows. Can you do this with Arma 2 and is the Fps the same ? THX

I am wondering weather my laptop would be able to run ArmA 2 well enough for me to consider purchasing it.

I get a performance rating of 4.5 from windows, determined by my lowest score from my graphics card whcih is a GF8600M GT. Other specs include:

T8100 @ 2.1

3 GB RAM

I understand I meet minimum requirements, but I had serious problems with ArmA with a computer with quite good specs. £25 is a lot of money, and I don't have much time to play games, so is it worth it? I understand people with much better specs then mine are getting 20-25 frames, so will it be playable?

Also, with the bugs that I understand are present, should I wait for the first big patch to come out before thinking about ordering?

Honest opinions and advice would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Good luck.

I'm running a laptop with an overclocked 8800m GTS, T9300 @ 2.5, and 4 gig of ram, 5.1 Vista index, and get 30 fps max at the absolute lowest settings. It's pretty much unplayable due to the blurriness from the lack of fillrate.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had similar specs to this and if so what are you playing on / what FPS are you getting? Also if you happen to have a rough estimate of what I may be able to get then feel free to let me know.

E8400 overclocked to 3.2Ghz

4GB 1066Mhz Kingston Ram

GTX 275

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had similar specs to this and if so what are you playing on / what FPS are you getting? Also if you happen to have a rough estimate of what I may be able to get then feel free to let me know.

E8400 overclocked to 3.2Ghz

4GB 1066Mhz Kingston Ram

GTX 275

I have a E8400 Oc'd to 3.6 (does it pretty easily on stock cooling and volt)

4GB 800mhz G.Skill

GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

run pretty well on mine, although i really thing the overclock on the CPU helped alot (i had mine on 3.2 as well before) id imagine since your gfx card and ram is better you should be pretty set.

Anyone have any experience with the GTX260? Its getting pretty cheap now, been contemplating getting one.

AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core @2.30GHz

4GB DDR2 Corsair XMS RAM

Nvidia 9800GTX+

What settings level do you suppose I'll be getting with this game, with that setup?

You will know very soon, the demo is coming out today. Stay tuned.

Fuck, if you can run Crysis on Ultra-High, then ARMA 2 will run without problem

I just purchased a new system and while I'll be waiting for a few days - I was wondering if anyone has a similar setup to which they would be able to tell me what they were able to get their settings to:

CPU: i7 920

Ram: 6GB Triple Channel

Video: GTX 285 1GB

Monitor/Resolution: 24'' 1920x1200 16:10

My hope is that with a view Distance of at least 3000, can have everything on high with a stable 30fps. But... I have my doubts.