Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

No i run all at medium at 1280x1024, thanks for apologies. fillrate is 100%, my game edges look so bad they are like 'edgy' they arent sharp.

Hmm ok, in that case looks like a problem on your end.

Here are some possible solutions:

Firstly, please say you have a legal copy. I am sure you do, but i gotta ask.

Secondly, make sure you have installed the latest 1.02 patch.

Now, after installing the game and patch, do a FULL system defrag.

My computer, whatever your main drive is, properties, tools, defrag now.

How well do you maintain your pc? Do you have lots of data and files? Or is it very organised and clean?

Finally just do the usual, make sure your not running any programs in the background, check your cpu usage etc. You on vista by any chance? That *might* be causing some issues.

Rich.

How bad is bad for you ? In terms of FPS for instance ? or is it just the edges ?

I have a similar config (8800 GTX + Q6600 2,4Ghs) and it works alright (25-ish average) with all on high @1650*1080 VD 1600m, except for the occasional stutter in the cities and the campaign.

I feel your pain!

I run a Dual Core 3.2Ghz, 8600 GTX and 4Gb of RAM and get lag at anything above Low settings. It saddens me somewhat!

its gone with the second update ?

i dont find it anywhere

Surprised it hasn't been said by now, but drivers, drivers, drivers... maybe even beta drivers if they work better. Also, turn off the antivirus software :p

I feel your pain!

I run a Dual Core 3.2Ghz, 8600 GTX and 4Gb of RAM and get lag at anything above Low settings. It saddens me somewhat!

Yeah but the 8600GT is just as fast as a high end 7 series card, so you can't ask too much from it lol.

Fillrate optimizer is under neath the resolution setting if you click "advanced" in graphics options.

On a 9800M GTS, 4GB RAM and 2.53ghz P9500 C2D, I've lost the stuttering I got post patch by defragging. I can stick everything on Normal at 1440x900, plays between 25-30fps. There's a few drops when the action gets heavy in towns, but apart from that it's great.

I have been reading this thread and for what I can see the 4890 is better in arma 2 than the 275, but I would like to ask if anyone knows how much of a difference is at 1920x1200, I'm asking this because usually when there is a significant difference the cards either get closer at higher resolutions or farther apart, and since I'm going to buy a new graphic card I would like to know how much of a difference is there, especially since I have a tendency to prefer nvidia for their drivers.

My current system specs are:

Q6600 at 3.4 but can be clocked to 3.6

8800 Ultra

4GB DDR2

Vista 64bits

1920x1200 resolution

So if anyone can answer my initial question it would be much appreciated.

Have you tried running the game yet, because what you have already would probably run it fine.

I have the option to get a new gfx card, I'm split between a BFG GTS 250 Over clocked 1gb and a XFX GeForce GTX 260 896MB black edition. This GTS 250 has a better Core clock speed of 750Mhz than the GTX 260 which has a clock speed of just 660MHz. It also has a slightly better memory Data rate, plus the GTS 250 has more memory. So I'm split, I know the GTX 260 is better but it costs alot more and I'm not sure if it's worth it seeing my results of a comparison.

Basically what i'm asking is, Is an XFX GTX 260 Black edition worth the money when the BFG GTS 250 OC 1GB seems to have better clock speeds and memory etc and costs alot less (£50 off)?

It just stutters a lot, going into cities. It looks bad and stutters, I keep my PC very tidy and it runs as smooth as... well...

its all good, i keep good care of it. defragged, no AV installed, I dont have viruses dont worry :)

urm, got latest drivers yes im on vista.

Have you tried running the game yet, because what you have already would probably run it fine.

No unfortunately the game will probably only arrive next week. I also think that it would run fine at medium settings but I would like to run it at high/very high, although I haven't seen any post of someone using a 8800GTX/Ultra at 1920x1200 so I'm just guessing, actually I saw one but it was from a pirated copy and that means it was the 1.00 version.

Lower your resolution etc. ARMA2 needs a lot and its not cool ofcourse but thats how it is now. Many that have PC's that rape any other game gets disapointed with ARMA2 as they cant play it in full resolution and very high. But lowering the res and mock about with the settings it will be better.

Also i think ARMA2 is like ArmA. It takes time to get it right. As in you have to keep play it and tweak the graphics options etc. Just keep doing that and it will be better. My friend have worse pc than OP and it doesnt run bad at all. But you cant get cocky with ARMA2 as it is right now. Need more performance patching for sure.

Alex

Here are some benchmarks. Whist those benchmarks do not run at 1920x1200, apparently changing res doesnt have a huge performance impact, and once it hits around 30 you shouldnt have any stuttering. I'd seriously wait around till you get your copy till making any decisions as to whether you need a new card or not.

As for ATI vs nVidia, I was always of the opinion that ATI had better drivers, but all those people who have have nice shiny HD4870s/4890s and run them without issue can't be wrong. There are only two circumstances where nVidia's drivers are better - 1) XP 64 bit (and if you have that, you really should move on to Win7) or 2) Linux (where ATIs drivers still suck). If neither of those two cases are applicable to you, buy the card that best suits what you need, not the one made by a particular brand.

This thread scares me.

All i have is a dual core processor, 2.00GHz each. :(

I have an 8800GT and 4 GB of ram, but i dont think it'll make up for my processor.:computer:

Display NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

Windows Vista Home Premium service pact1

Dell Inspiron 9400

Processor: Intel® Core 2 CPU T5300 @1.73GHZ 1.73GHZ

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

Quick qestion for the people that have the game will my computer run ARMA2

Thanks

I don't want to speak out of turn, as I'm new here. BUT, wouldn't it be well advised for everyone to just d/l the demo when it's available, to gauge performance? (That is, if you're not planning on buying regardless like me)

There are so many hardware options, software settings, etc. The minimum requirements are easily available, and a question like, "Can I run it?" is like asking "how long is a piece of string?" It depends on what you expect from the game. (e.g. I want to see the enemy's nosehairs before I kill them, or I'm happy with colorful shapeson my screen).

Also, why buy a bunch of hardware for a game which is still awaiting an optimization patch?

I'm basically building a new PC for this game. I missed out on ArmA 1 because my computer is a slow ass

I run a Q6600 and a GTX260 black edition on Vista 64 with 4 GB ram and the game runs great, a little less great in the middle of a big battle but nothing to worry about and still completely playable on all high settings, 100% fillrate 2k draw distance at 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 when i get the telly to myself. The resolution doesn't seem to make any difference though i'm not one of these people who constantly monitors frame rates. As long as it's playable it's good enough for me, and i'm more than happy with the performance of this game.

How well will this run Arma 2 with good fps at least 30. And on Maxed settings.

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2

Processor: Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 4094MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 Ultra

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 2523 MB

Dedicated Memory: 732 MB

Shared Memory: 1791 MB

PS. I think the only bottleneck i have is my video card im not sure though, if you guys have any suggestions on good video cards for Arma 2 that would be cool thx :)

I have a 9400GT with 1.5 GB RAM, XP. I got the game earlier today and it lags like crazy. I loaded the first mission and I could barely move. It took about 2 minutes for all the textures to load, so I need some urgent advice, PLEASE HELP!! Btw, I'm gonna upgrade to 3.5GB RAM, will that solve it?

EDIT: The mission was on max settings at first, I reloaded it with lower setting and it still sucked