Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Hi guys I am new around here after seeing this game and some in game videos it looks good but I dont think you will need the best hardware to run this on max settings.

Specs

AMD Duel Core 6000+ 3.2ghz

8GB DDR2 800mhz

GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Windows XP 64bit

What would you recommend?

1. Graphics card: XFX Radeon HD4870 512mb, or XFX GeForce GTX260?

2. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16ghz, or AMD Phenom II x4 940 Black edition 3,00ghz?

What would you recommend?

1. Graphics card: XFX Radeon HD4870 512mb, or XFX GeForce GTX260?

2. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16ghz, or AMD Phenom II x4 940 Black edition 3,00ghz?

1. Cant say for Arma 2, but for most other game benchmarks GTX 260 Core 216 outperforms 4870 512mb and 1gig version, especially if the 260 is OC'd.

2. Both are good.

Hi guys I am new around here after seeing this game and some in game videos it looks good but I dont think you will need the best hardware to run this on max settings.

Specs

AMD Duel Core 6000+ 3.2ghz

8GB DDR2 800mhz

GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Windows XP 64bit

i have a similar system just 4GB of ram and an ati 4850 512mb card. Ive done some research and we should be getting around 25-35 fps if possible with that CPU , because of our 6000+ CPUs.However you won't be needing the extra 4-5GB ram you have there as arma 2 won't use it and you will have performance issues with the game. Having too much ram also can ruin your peformance ingame.

Now im also wondering if anyone can answer me this question?

If ive been playing Crysis lately at all settings on high at FPS on 20 at lowest,25-35 average and 45 highest on a 1024x768 Resoultion. Im wondering does crysis give you a similar result of how ArmA 2 will run? or will ArmA 2 run on a lower FPS?

How does the 4870x2 play with ArmA 2 ? and is it worth getting over the 4890?

or how about even a GTX295?

What I want to do is to upgrade my PC just to play ArmA2 at high settings, would just like to know peoples opinions / knowledge.

How does this setup sound?

Intel quad core I7 - 950

Corsair 6 GB Kit (1600MHZ)

Soundblaster XFI Fatality Champion

Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME

You absolutely do not need those components. Ch_123 suggested a 4890 and I would listen to that suggestion. Grab a Core i7 920 or a Phenom II X4 955 BE and also a non-EXTREME motherboard (because seriously I don't see you as the Liquid Nitrogen type to use a motherboard like that) such as the Asus P6T or the Gigabyte UD-3R Sli or 4 series. Better yet go for a Phenom II X4 955 BE such as the 790FX GA-MA790FXT-UD5P with the same memory you have listed above but in 4GB kit and also a Phenom II X4 955 BE. That sound card is also awful it's pure marketing hype using the 'fatality' name.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

What about meeeee? Tomorrow I pick up my new rig -

i7 920 @ 2.6ghz

6gb DDR3 RAM

4870x2

Vista 64 Home Premium

:( I hope it's ok

Dual GPU video cards aren't utilized properly with ARMA 2. Grab a HD 4890.

ive managed to OC my CPU now from 2.993ghz to 3.339.6ghz :)

has been pretty stable for last hour

had to crank up cpu volt from 1.40 to 1.45

also ram OCed to 742Mhz now

Can anyone still answer my question about how the game's performance is compared to crysis?

ive managed to OC my CPU now from 2.993ghz to 3.339.6ghz :)

has been pretty stable for last hour

had to crank up cpu volt from 1.40 to 1.45

also ram OCed to 742Mhz now

Can anyone still answer my question about how the game's performance is compared to crysis?

1. Make sure you run Prime95 for atleast a couple of hours to make sure your system is stable.

2. You're RAM is not OC'd, seeing how its rated speed is 800Mhz. Just running faster than it was. :)

1. Make sure you run Prime95 for atleast a couple of hours to make sure your system is stable.

2. You're RAM is not OC'd, seeing how its rated speed is 800Mhz. Just running faster than it was. :)

true...

Im thinking of OCing my Q6600 to 3.4Ghz. Right now its on 3.2Ghz and the ram is at 852mhz. The thing is if i OC it to 3.4 i have to take down the ram to around 752mhz. Do you guys think that would make an big overall difference? Or maybe make it slower....

Im thinking of OCing my Q6600 to 3.4Ghz. Right now its on 3.2Ghz and the ram is at 852mhz. The thing is if i OC it to 3.4 i have to take down the ram to around 752mhz. Do you guys think that would make an big overall difference? Or maybe make it slower....

it should'nt really, i think CPU speed has a more better factor overall on fps. I managed to get back onto 741MHz , i have'nt seen much improvement..

The difference will be negligible at best. Is your RAM rated for 800mhz? Or 1066? If its 800, underclocking your RAM to 750Mhz isn't going to make much difference at all.

3.2 vs 3.4 for CPU... It will make some difference for benchmarking.. but thats about it. If you go up to 3.6, it will should make some difference in game.

Hello everyone. I was planning on buying a new gaming PC. I wanted to make sure of the games it could play smoothly is Arma 2. Here is the PC I was planning on buying:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227157

Do you guys think this pc could run Arma 2 at high or medium settings with a good fps? This is the first pc I am buying that is for games, so I'm not totally savy on great computer parts and how well things will run. My price range is around $1000-1200 dollars so I want to make sure I get a good PC. On the topic of PC gaming do you guys think this one is good for the money and will serve me well with many games? Thanks!

I have never built my own PC before and I would rather buy a pre-built one. I would not want something to break or to spend hours putting together a PC

That PC isn't that bad, you could probably save 20% building your own, but you seem to have no intention of doing (Completely understandable). Plus you'll have some customer support and stuff through ibuypower, i've dealt with them before and they are pretty good. I'd recommend that PC for you easily. I would personally get an intel processor, but that is me.

I am all for building your own custom PC don't get me wrong. I just don't think I am ready for building one myself. I don't know a whole lot about computers and me putting one together could turn into disaster. But back to the original question, could this PC run arma at high or medium settings? I know the game is demanding but this PC seems like it could deal with the game.

Man don't buy a pre packaged PC, spec the parts you want and get someone to build it.

Hi. Sorre for my bad english. I has a old computer.

---

AMD Anthlon 3800+ Dual Core Processor 64 x2

Windows Vista x86

4 gb RAm

Nvidia 8500 GT 512 MB

---

they say can't run. i wish to play game a lot. Please tell me what i must upgrade to play game.

Try posting here. That is a thread dedicated to hardware specifications for the game.

I am all for building your own custom PC don't get me wrong. I just don't think I am ready for building one myself. I don't know a whole lot about computers and me putting one together could turn into disaster. But back to the original question, could this PC run arma at high or medium settings? I know the game is demanding but this PC seems like it could deal with the game.

that rig is good but if i were you i would go to ibuypower.com and i would suggest this http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=329put a

intel 9650 quad core, and

add 8 gigs of ram

a 1g 4870 video card

Asus P5Q3 Intel P45 Chipset mobo

and leave everthing else the same unless you want a screen and you can put another 4870s in later if you want and run them in crossfire.

but thats me, you could go with amd bases system but i like intel better, i have had better luck withit

That link to the PC says error occurred. I have had people tell me the Nvidia GeForce GTX-275 896MB on the first computer works better than the ATI 4870.

Edited by War Machine IXI

Nvidia GTX2xx series are the way to go, they OC like demons :)

I bought a GTX260-216SP 896MB with stock speeds of..

Core Clock: 576

Shader Clock: 1242

Memory Clock: 999

and OC it to...

Core Clock: 670

Shader Clock: 1458

Memory Clock: 1152

All on stock cooling, just increased the fan speed from 40% to 55%

... sweet....

edit: I get a minimum of 20FPS upto 60 but I have vsync enabled, if they say 50-60 on high... they are lying.

Edited by 76
spelling...

If you could, Grab a 4890. Really snazzy card. If you want to go above that, then a gtx 285 would be your bet.