Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

definately not on high. It'll run but poorly.

I wouln't buy these kind of outdated systems unless they're very cheap secondhands or something.

definately not on high. It'll run but poorly.

I wouln't buy these kind of outdated systems unless they're very cheap secondhands or something.

medium no chance? yea, that's the spec that I can afford as a self-spending student like me :o and nice guess, it's second hand, lol. any suggestioins for the VGA?

I found a person who is interested to buy my current computer.

Now I change my plans and I would go for a new system.

What do you think of

i5 2500k

GTX 570

4 gig memory 1600 mhz

650 PSW CORSAIR

I will also add a CPU cooler Noctua U12 ( for future overclock)

medium no chance? yea, that's the spec that I can afford as a self-spending student like me :o and nice guess, it's second hand, lol. any suggestioins for the VGA?

the vga is the best part of that machine, so dont upgrade that. the biggest weakness is the 2GB ram. I guess that's easily upgradable if the chipset supports 4x dualsided dimms, hard to see without knowing mobo.

If its a decent board you can overclock that cpu a bit. In multiplayer performance should be decent since you dont have to calculate ai and stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

I found a person who is interested to buy my current computer.

Now I change my plans and I would go for a new system.

What do you think of

i5 2500k

GTX 570

4 gig memory 1600 mhz

650 PSW CORSAIR

I will also add a CPU cooler Noctua U12 ( for future overclock)

should perform well. Dunno what motherboard you were planning to use, but for overclocking you'll need a P67 chipset on it.

A friend of mine bought something similar using a corsair enthousiast TX650W V2 psu, no problems with that but it's idle noise is pretty high compared to my pc. So if you want a silent pc you'll want a more expensive psu. My psu (AX750) is completely silent on idle (fan is off then) but it costs twice that of the TX. A seasonic X560 is just as silent and maybe a bit cheaper. You'll have to look for yourself.

Im going for the ASUS P8p67 chipset either PRO or LE.

I have the same PSU today and I dont mind if it sounds a little so no problem with that.

My only concern is that the new system and the prestanda I gain will justify the new computer. I dont wont to throw money away right now.

The 2500K on stock is about as fast as a Phenom II on 4.3 Ghz? I doubt your phenom reaches that, so the new cpu should be about 40% faster when overclocked normally, 50% if you get a good overclock. The gpu is a lot faster as well. If you want to save money look at factory overclocked 560's they often get really close to or even beat 570's on 1920x1200.

Heya chaps, seems I posted in the wrong forum so a nice happy gentleman closed it and pointed me to this direction. /sarcasm off

Well I wanted to ask the pro's who know their stuff about anything PC based, I have just ordered a new PC which turns up next week. Heres the details:

I7 2600k OC at 4.6

16gig DDR3 1600 Patriot ram

MSI GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II OC

120gig OCZ SSD 550read 500write

ECO II 120 Water-Cooling CPU Cooler

edit: I went for 16gig of ram as I am a 3D artist, so more ram the better I have been told.

Now I know this is good enough to run ARMA2, but what I wanted to know is if any of you chaps have a similar build and if so tell me what settings you have it on and what sort of fps you get.

My old build is not bad, but its just not good enough as I am a graphics whore and always want to run games on max settings lol.

Anyway any help would be great.

Many thanks

Jade

well if you buy a top-of-the-line system like this it is very likely that it will run ArmA2. ;) /extended sarcasm off

You will be able to play on very high with throughout playable FPS, with that GPU even AA cranked up 8x. You might need another HDD soon just for data storage. I got Win7, ArmA:CO and several addons on my 120GB SSD too and it already takes up slightly more than 50%.

So buy another SSD - same model and Raid0 it for incredible maximum performance, or get a TB HDD (internal or external) for music, movies, other games...

Thanks mate, was hoping to hear I could run it on max settings lol

As for a slave drive, I do have 3 others I use for crap.

One is my current which is a vraptor 300 gig, a 700gig dump drive and a old 500 external. Might just dump them and get a big 2TB drive and use that as storage.

Yeah the sarcasm bit is a story that's worth being left alone before I get my wrists slapped again by the almighty powers that be for doing something so minor. You know posting in the wrong forums is a crime didn't you know. :) That said its now water under the bridge.

Thanks for the advice though, I do plan to get another SSD drive as soon as the wife gives my wallet back :D

well he just closed the thread, it's not a minor thing for the database anymore if there are dozens of people doing the same thing over and over again. Almost every other week somebody opens another hardware thread so yeah, it can be hard for the Mods not to lose their temper.

Anyway, if you got a hardware question this sticky is the right place to come, Bangtail, Leon and several others will give you the best answers you can get.

Yeah I know, I have calmed down now, had to walk away and feed the kids. :)

My point was only that I am new and there is no valid reason to give people attitude. It will only scare people away and give people a bad impression of the community.

I have two daughters who are under 3 and I get enough shit from them lol, I come in here to play games and chill out, not be treated like a naughty kid.

Anyway all done and dusted, I am new here and loving my experience with the clan I am part of and also just joined the PR team so looking forward to the future. :)

MSI GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II OC

I am a 3D artist

Might want to check up on openGL performance, not the strongpoint of recent nvidia gpu's.

Yeah, got to be better than my ATi5870 though and I can't afford one of them quadro cards :)

Maybe one day when I win the lotto

cinebench 11.5 has an opengl test although that seems most dependant on cpu. Still strange there's not a single nvidia card in the top 20

Yeah MAYA and C4D which I use are both dependant on CPU when rendering.

I got the GTX580 purely for games and so I don't need to upgrade for a while.

Hi! Im new and a few a few problems and a question:

1 - I just brought CO and BAF and it runs BUT only on LOW Quality and 87% 3D. It's playable but I would like to know how to make it faster:

My Specs:

Processor Information:

Vendor: AuthenticAMD

Speed: 2200 Mhz

3 logical processors

3 physical processors

HyperThreading: Unsupported

FCMOV: Supported

SSE2: Supported

SSE3: Supported

SSSE3: Supported

SSE4a: Supported

SSE41: Unsupported

SSE42: Unsupported

Network Information:

Network Speed:

Operating System Version:

Windows Vista (64 bit)

NTFS: Supported

Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:

Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 8200

DirectX Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll

Driver Version: 7.15.11.7860

DirectX Driver Version: 7.15.11.7860

Driver Date: 8 Dec 2008

Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel

Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz

DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8200

VendorID: 0x10de

DeviceID: 0x84b

Number of Monitors: 1

Number of Logical Video Cards: 1

No SLI or Crossfire Detected

Primary Display Resolution: 1440 x 900

Desktop Resolution: 1440 x 900

Primary Display Size: 20.00" x 12.52" (23.58" diag)

50.8cm x 31.8cm (59.9cm diag)

Primary Bus Type Not Detected

Primary VRAM: 256 MB

Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:

Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory:

RAM: 3837 Mb

Miscellaneous:

UI Language: English

Microphone: Not set

Media Type: DVD

Total Hard Disk Space Available: 937482 Mb

Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 453604 Mb

Steam Hard Disk Usage: 36432 Mb

OS Install Date: Jan 01 1970

Game Controller: Microsoft PC-joystick driver detected

2 - For XMas (I know it a while away) I will hopefully gettin some money to build a new PC and I would like to know what you think of these specs and would I be able to run ARMA 2 on High settings with this PC:

MSI 740GM-P25 AMD 740G (Socket AM3) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard

Arianet SLEEK Series 1006 Black Micro-ATX Case w/ 450W PSU

AMD Phenom II X2 Dual Core 555 3.2GHz Black Edition C3 (Socket AM3) Processor - Retail

4GB Hypertec Hyperam PC3-10666 1333Mhz (2X2GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit

Asus ATI Radeon HD 5450 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express

1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive

Lite On DVD Writer, IHAS124, SATA, Black, OEM 24x Speed

Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM

Sorry for the long post but I would appreciate your help. :)

How big is the difference in Arma 2 between GTX 560 ti vs GTX 570 ?

Is the 100 euros justifying the difference between this two?

I Use an 22 " monitor.

Hi! Im new and a few a few problems and a question:

1 - I just brought CO and BAF and it runs BUT only on LOW Quality and 87% 3D. It's playable but I would like to know how to make it faster:

Sorry for the long post but I would appreciate your help. :)

The GPU is the problem now, and your version of DirectX. You need DirectX 9, not 7. Maybe you can find a summer job for students and get a decent up-to-date PCI-Express card, yours is just an onboard chip if I'm not mistakin'...

About the 2nd specs, don't wait 9 months to buy a system that is outdated already at present.

Edited by Flattermann

How big is the difference in Arma 2 between GTX 560 ti vs GTX 570 ?

Is the 100 euros justifying the difference between this two?

I Use an 22 " monitor.

No it isn't. Your best buy is still the 560. The 570 is weird for its price range, as it is neither up to par with 580 (or the 6970), but is rather high priced.

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying a new Notebook, this are the specs, will it run without lag and on high?

AMD Phenomâ„¢ II Quad-Core P920 1,6 GHz

6 GB DDR3 RAM

1TB SATA HD, 5200 rpm

ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 4250

or this one :

6 GB DDR3 RAM

640HD SATA, 5400 rpm

ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650

Thanks

Cyrus

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying a new Notebook, this are the specs, will it run without lag and on high?

6 GB DDR3 RAM

1TB SATA HD, 5200 rpm

ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 4250

or this one :

6 GB DDR3 RAM

640HD SATA, 5400 rpm

ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650

Thanks

Cyrus

This is a joke, right? I mean, did you take the time and read this thread just a little?

But for a serious answer:

Required CPU: AMD or Intel Dualcore @ 2.4GHz or higher

Required GPU: AMD HD3850 or nVidia 8600GT or higher

None of both laptops reaches the minimal requirements and you seriously ask for high settings?

Besides that, ArmA 2 also needs fast data transfer from HD to VRam which hardly can be achieved by a 5400rpm HD.

So both laprops might be able to run it at low settings and low FPS.

And next time, please, before asking such ridiculous questions, take the time to read through the threads as you would have found the answer yourself pretty quickly.

Myke;1883304']This is a joke' date=' right? I mean, did you take the time and read this thread just a little?

But for a serious answer:

Required CPU: AMD or Intel Dualcore @ 2.4GHz or higher

Required GPU: AMD HD3850 or nVidia 8600GT or higher

None of both laptops reaches the minimal requirements and you seriously ask for high settings?

Besides that, ArmA 2 also needs fast data transfer from HD to VRam which hardly can be achieved by a 5400rpm HD.

So both laprops might be able to run it at low settings and low FPS.

And next time, please, before asking such ridiculous questions, take the time to read through the threads as you would have found the answer yourself pretty quickly.[/quote']

I'm sorry but I do not understand a bit about dual core or quad core, besides, I actually use a notebook which is

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20ghz

RAM 4,00GB

32 bits,

Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS 512mb

And I play it on low, with some lag and is 4 years old, so as I said before, I don't know about the new GPU's and neither the new CPU's I was just trying to get some answers, cause those two PC's are quite expensive already for my country standart.

Geez, easy on the new guy, [GLT]Myke. Not everyone's a hardware expert.

Cyrussm: I can answer your question pretty directly. The 4250 gpu is too weak for Arma2, and the phenom II 1.6 is too slow. I have a phenom II quadcore 2.0 ghz and a 5650 in my laptop and I can play on medium settings. That's the minimum I would recommend for a budget gaming laptop for Arma2.

On the Intel side, the minimum you would want in a laptop is a dualcore i3 or i5 2.4 ghz or higher--or a 1.6 ghz or higher quadcore i7. Again these are budget laptop gaming specs, so you can only expect medium settings in a demanding game like Arma2.

Geez, easy on the new guy, [GLT]Myke. Not everyone's a hardware expert.

Cyrussm: I can answer your question pretty directly. The 4250 gpu is too weak for Arma2, and the phenom II 1.6 is too slow. I have a phenom II quadcore 2.0 ghz and a 5650 in my laptop and I can play on medium settings. That's the minimum I would recommend for a budget gaming laptop for Arma2.

On the Intel side, the minimum you would want in a laptop is a dualcore i3 or i5 2.4 ghz or higher--or a 1.6 ghz or higher quadcore i7. Again these are budget laptop gaming specs, so you can only expect medium settings in a demanding game like Arma2.

Thanks for the help! I will try to find another notebook then, cause I was using HP Models, and currently I use an Acer computer,

So, what GPU do you think it's a good one for Laptops, and also, which one do you use?

and I found this one from Dell, is it good? :

Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM (2.00Ghz, até 2.90GHz com Turbo Boost, 6Mb Cache)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz (2x4Gb)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT540M 2GB

Thanks

Edited by Cyrussm