Sign in to follow this  
POTS

ofp2 helped arma2

Please don't bring discussions from other forums into this forum, it only leads to sniping and jealousy from those on the outside ;)

Viiiper: In my opinion the players that play ARMA are of a different breed and are after a different experience.

Amen!

So let's hope that the "easy gaming nerds" stay where they are and stop flooding the ArmA gaming servers ruining every session.

They should come over in small, digestable portions so that we are able to teach them real combat behaviour (whatever this means in a simulated environment :D )

Somehow I am sure that the CFO of BIS is not sharing my hopes. :)

After release of both OFP 2 and ArmA 2 we have a nice situation: we can show the good things in one game to the devs of the other game as an example. It could be a driver to listen more to the community (not majority of actual and possible customers), but it could go wrong (for the MilSim freaks) if CM succeeding in the mass market with just another shooter and BIS decides to earn money the same way.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

Please don't bring discussions from other forums into this forum, it only leads to sniping and jealousy from those on the outside ;)

Oh, ok sorry. You got to admit though, that was pretty funny huh? Did you have a look at it? :p

I did, but when I read something like that I imagine having to deal with the opposite, someone coming here saying "ArmA2 sucks I'm buying Dragons", which is less funny due to causing me to have to do work (ie closing the thread and infracting the person).

Yeh, I thought the same, it would piss me off a bit if someone did that here. But its kinda different when someone does it over there, its Codies, its kindof a David and Goliath type thing - stickin it to the big guys an all that...

Though you do have to admit they keep the dynamic and reactivity of a small company, BIS/BIA are very quickly becoming 'not small'. ;)

i can not, for the love of god, understand why ppl are competeing as if these are basketball teams.

we all like realistic shooters. both games will be pretty realistic, even if one will be more than the other, they will both have large scale combats, even though one will have bigger than the other, they will both make us happy, though one will do that better than the other.

in other words - i, for once, will get the games that i like. if both are awesome i will get both.

some actually hope that "their" game will come off as better than the other cuz they feel like they are a part of the creative team. BS.

i hope both are great so i will have TWO great titles instead of one.

OFP2's new trailer looks good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/901428/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/OFP2_ego_Tech_021908.html

even thogh its a PR trailer and not something i can judge the game by, but CM has about 5 more months to work on it and there's plenty of apportunities to see how that game is moving along.

arma2 comes in a month, im excited and even if it's the best milsim ever, if OFP2 will be good as well, even if for different reasons, than i will get it too.

good times. go 2009!!

i can not, for the love of god, understand why ppl are competeing as if these are basketball teams....

Yes, I can see your point, it is kind of immature.

Personally I would not be engaging in that kind of mentality except for one thing: I feel that to some extent what Codemasters have done is a bit of a dirty trick.

Sure they have the rights to the name, and that is the contract that BIS agreed to, so it is in part BIS's fault (though whether they had any power to negotiate that clause in the contact I severely doubt, otherwise they would have). But, all the same, by creating a sequel by the same name, CM are in effect taking credit for OFP even though they did not create it, and I think that is both sly and dirty.

Now I am not hoping that OPFDR falls flat on its face, but I am hoping that ArmA2 is a much better experience, sells well, and delivers lots of PR for BIS as well as giving them credit as the creators of the original.

But all the same, the past is the past, its better to move on than be bitter, but what CM has done still irks me a bit.

Edited by Placebo