Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

HIMARS (USMC) is loaded with 6 rockets or 1 ATACMS.

MLRS (US Army) is loaded with 12 rockets or 2 ATACMS.

Its also called "Grid Square Removal Service" guess why:

+

wink_o.gif

Vehicle ratios seem a bit off?

5:14

West : East

crazy_o.gif

Well, there are also 5 eastern faction vs. 1 western. So obviously they have more equipment.

perhaps they will add the MLRS to the support page that part is still classified, it is more or less a support vehicle after all.

and yeah the vehicle ratio doesnt seem to add up.

Well, the same could be said of the BM21... Let's just hope it's a mix up on BIS' part and we get some sort of rocket artillery for the US one way or another.

Hi, the HMMWVs without the left side exhaust, are the US army

ones; the ones with it, are the USMC HMMWVs.

If they've made it with the exhaust on the right, that's bad because

that's fictional, thing that i wouldn't spect and if it don't have it...

then that's bad, because it would be a US army HMMWV, and we're

talking about the Marines here, we don't need any US army crap.

So, i hope that they place the exhaust where it should be and that

they don't add any damn army scum thing to the game because if

we have the Marines... we-don't-need (read: want) the-army. Let's C ya

Hi, the HMMWVs without the left side exhaust, are the US army

ones; the ones with it, are the USMC HMMWVs.

If they've made it with the exhaust on the right, that's bad because

that's fictional, thing that i wouldn't spect and if it don't have it...

then that's bad, because it would be a US army HMMWV, and we're

talking about the Marines here, we don't need any US army crap.

So, i hope that they place the exhaust where it should be and that

they don't add any damn army scum thing to the game because if

we have the Marines... we-don't-need (read: want) the-army. Let's C ya

No need to trash-talk other branches of the military. I think anyone who chooses to sacrifice their life deserve respect.

Bluefor, i think he has meant that in regards to the units we get in-game, not towards the real people/military branch!

The LAV-25 looks beautiful, hopefully we'll be able to get the Stryker series and Bradley's into ArmA 2 smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] perhaps they will add the MLRS to the support page that part is still classified, it is more or less a support vehicle after all.

Wish that was (is) true. But there is already the rocket arty for RUS and also a RUS repair truck in the vehicle section. So...  confused_o.gif

We just have to wait and see.

Out of the other sections we seem to have Helicopters, Aeroplanes, Boats and what appears to be civilian vehicles (the silhouette looks like a Police car) so I don't think there's going to be any support section.

EDIT: There is one possible explanation - it seems obvious that there are variants of those vehicles that they aren't showing (example - different versions of the Humvee etc). The HIMARS system is mounted on a truck based on the MTVR, so maybe it's a variant of the MTVR that we just haven't been shown yet.

perhaps they will add the MLRS to the support page that part is still classified, it is more or less a support vehicle after all.

and yeah the vehicle ratio doesnt seem to add up.

Support page is there for game support and troubleshooting. banghead.gif

the point is not all of vehicles are in the list. Neither all of the guns. Just plenty to populate the list.

You should read the descriptions more carefully.

There are hints that some of the vehicles have variations and only one is shown. The model code in parenthesis next to the name and he phrase "this one is equipped ..." at the end of the description should be some obvious clues.

Vodnik (HMG)

"... This is equipped with a heavy machine gun."

HMMWV (M240)

"This one is armed with an M240 7.62 mm machine gun."

Kamaz (Repair)

"This one is used to repair, service and maintain all other motor vehicles."

Offroad (DShKM)

"This one is fitted with a 12.7mm DShKM heavy machine gun and used by ChDKZ forces. "

Ural (ZU-23)

"This one is equipped with ZU-23, anti air defence cannon."

Plus, they have already mentioned AT/AA weapons that can be mounted on vehicles and there are screenshots, mentions, references and video appearances of "missing" vehicles. Also, as it has been mentioned, the US is only represented by the Marines, which limits the NATO equipment, that is part of the story at least and all other factions are equipped with Russian weaponry. Since there is a mention of the german G36 which no faction is mentioned to use (but it could possible for the guerrilla-like factions), there should be some understanding that this is a preview of -most- of the equipment and is directly related to the story and scenario. In the end, its not about including -your- favorite armament and is down to BI to decide.

Unfortunately, the quick tempered whiners are always the loudest in the forums. Chew the information better and digest it well before jumping to negative conclusions. Some come off like spoiled brats that their parents didn't buy them the Barbie with the dress they asked for.

Unfortunately, the quick tempered whiners are always the loudest in the forums. Chew the information better and digest it well before jumping to negative conclusions. Some come off like spoiled brats that their parents didn't buy them the Barbie with the dress they asked for.

As far as I can see, most of the discussion is about vehicles that people are going to be in the game but just haven't been listed on their site. And It's been established already that they aren't showing everything (try reading the two posts above your own). No need to descend into name-calling because one or two people wanted to see an M113 or a Bradley or whatever.

Hi, as far as i know, the Marines don't have any MLRS look alike

system; the "closer" thing that they have (AFAIK) yet, are the

M-109s; that are deployed once you've a good piece of safe land

under your control; and then... you deploy the fat things on the

ground when it's safe for the disembarq vessels to touch again the

beach or shore and pass a long time deploying all the supply and

support things that your troops gonna need for a short period of

time, release it and go back to the sea to a safer possition.

That may be why we don't see any MLRS/BM-24 look alike thing;

and for the gallery:

Spanish Marine Infantry M-996 HMMWV.

Check the side exhaust, can you see it?! 'couse i don't see it on

the BIS HMMWV... . Let's C ya

Marines have the HIMARS wich is roughly the same thing as a MLRS.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images...._lg.jpg

No whining from my side. Just that it was said there would be MLRS in AA2 wich hasnt shown up yet on the site. Just wondering if it will be in or not. But seeing the HIMARS me thinks maybe the "MLRS" in ARMA2 for the US side is a variant of the MTVR? Maybe?

Alex

Quote[/b] ]I'm pretty sure there is a BMD 4 in the Russian Armed Forces video.

No thats a BMP-3. Will the BMP-3 be able to use the bow machine guns it has or just the one.

Quote[/b] ]But Wipman should be still more happy about what's already made

We all should be happy that we have a new ArmA to play.

Quote[/b] ]Well, the same could be said of the BM21... Let's just hope it's a mix up on BIS' part and we get some sort of rocket artillery for the US one way or another.

I'd say its deliberate, why reveal a sweet vehicle that until release.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: There is one possible explanation - it seems obvious that there are variants of those vehicles that they aren't showing (example - different versions of the Humvee etc). The HIMARS system is mounted on a truck based on the MTVR, so maybe it's a variant of the MTVR that we just haven't been shown yet.

That is true, I know that there are different Variants of several vehicles that have not be revealed - Also that some vehicles have been revealed at all.

Quote[/b] ]the point is not all of vehicles are in the list. Neither all of the guns. Just plenty to populate the list.

Excellent and accurate point Raphier

Quote[/b] ]But seeing the HIMARS me thinks maybe the "MLRS" in ARMA2 for the US side is a variant of the MTVR? Maybe?

Very possible.

Just to state, here are some vehicles that appear in the videos that are not listed on the official site so far.

USMC Video

00:17 & 00:33 - HMMWV Unarmed Version.

CDF Video

00:20 - UAZ (DShKM)

00:23 - Ural (Open Transport)

00:37 - Ural Refuel [behind the Mi-17 tail]

Russia Video

1:51 - Unknown vehicle [maybe a command BTR?]

ChDKZ video

00:16 - Ural Refuel

1:04 - UAZ with AT weapon (can't remember name)

Hope that helps some people who believe the revealed stuff is all that's there.

BTW just looked at the official HD trailer, looks like some classic OFP civilian vehicles are making a comeback.

But there is an MLRS on the tracked vehicles list, or am I mistaken??

And no MLRS listed for west, so I guess they keep some for release. Quite nice this new vehicles though. I like it, very nice details.

EDIT: So there is the M270. This is amazing. I loved this weapon system in Act of War (strategy though).

theay added the M270 MLRS for west

@colkurtz: nice find

so what is this then?

http://www.arma2.com/images....LRS.jpg

They have also updated the static weapons, i think, could be wrong though.

Why link to the image instead of the page? They added the MLRS there with some info. I think they only just added it because I didn't see it when I looked about an hour or two ago smile_o.gif

I think they did the same with the mounted weapons when they added the Kord (and MK19?) last week.

@ Maddmatt, acknowledged mate, I don't post much but will do that in future.