Sign in to follow this  
Scrub

Some comments about ArmA II from around the web

I started one in the Evga Forums. We will see what people say

It's not called Armed Assault.

Just ArmA wink_o.gif

I thought that people wouldnt understand the name or even check it out so I called it Armed Assault rather than ArmA. I figured more hits that way.

I think using Armed assault would just confuse them more. Arma 2 is the name smile_o.gif

I browsed through the game trailer comments, and it seems to me that many people don't really understand the scope and concept of the game.

They seem to be stuck on common gaming conceptions such as "levels" and "maps", which OFP and ArmA pretty much did away with many years ago. I suspect that we are talking about players who have come of age (in the gaming sense) in blockbuster games like BF and CS (and what have you), so they simply don't know of any other way to construct games.

Maybe it's time we form a dedicated corps of viral advertisers whose holy mission it is to teach the people that options are available in the gaming market...

I browsed through the game trailer comments, and it seems to me that many people don't really understand the scope and concept of the game...

Gametrailers discussions are hardly ever worth reading. Great site for game videos but the community... well not worth bothering with, to say the least tounge2.gif

Just read the forums a little and you'll see what I mean.

bah, gametrailers is extremly Console-driven. PS3 gamers are most dominant on forums, X360 gets best review scores and PC is mostly in shadows (took them months before Crysis review release)

always when some1 mentions how AI was stupid or all-knowing throw out videos like

bah, gametrailers is extremly Console-driven. PS3 gamers are most dominant on forums, X360 gets best review scores and PC is mostly in shadows (took them months before Crysis review release)

Yup, that more or less sums up the gaming markets in the last few years. There has been a steady migration towards the casual gamer.

The same phenomenon can be seen in various other media, television being the most prominent example. They are dumbing it down to the lowest denominator, and in the process we are actually becoming more stupid.

It's all very scary.