Sign in to follow this  
welcome to hell

Mission download breaks, but mission still launch

SOmetimes mission download breaks at lets say 1003KB / 1367KB or when its about done, but than i still get launched in the game with incomplete mission file.

Here is the result of broken missions in ArmA v 1.14 and v 1.15.

Symptoms of incomplete mission file:

- Cannot see any makers on the map

- No scripts are working

- Instantly respawn at the place i died

- No ammo crates visible

- No other players shown in scoreboard

Mission specific when mission download is incomplete:

- In warfare cannot acess the warfare menu (to vote/buy etc)

- After died turn into seagul at some island

- In evolution spawn on the roof of some building, no ammo crates

- In domination no side menus/scripts at flags working

Really hope BI fixes multiplayer problems for ArmA 2!

never seen this. can you post the mission and server(s) you get this problem?

Server is whaterver server im trying to join with people on it. Only happens when JIP.

Missions are most commonly

Sahrani life

Warfare

Domination

Evolution

I can confirm this, we have had the same problems on our server recently.

The first mission I can remember of this happened to us was WACO (Warfare COOP), after that some other missions went Foxtrot Uniform aswell, but mainly on [ACE] USMC - Template Afghan.

But this happens not only JIP, but also it may happen on first start of mission after server restart with all players already connected to the server and so on..

It seems that this goes quite randomly.

I am tending to think that it is somehow server related and it could have something to do with BattlEye in combination with <s>1.15b</s> (edit: we had this also when server was running on 1.14) and ACE because since we disabled BattleEye on our server, I have no reports of this happened again.

But then again, I have also done some changes in bandwith settings on our server, too, so i cannot be sure whether it is BE related or Bandwith or both..

Here are some weird bug screenshots from when trying to play on a full 30 player server:

First one i spawned than instantly died at mission download 146 out of 1399 KB mad_o.gif

As you can see i turned into a seagull below the spawpoint crazy_o.gif

bug1p.jpg

Than i got this screen with no player list.

bug2f.jpg

BTW this was about a half hour after waiting on "Wait for host" screen.

I know this is not my internet connection problem, i have T1 internet and i have ping around 20 on US and around 100 on Euro servers.

Also i checked/reconfigured my router firewall, reinstalled arma, cleared MP cache, and all the things that were in ArmA MP troubleshooting guide, still no results.

ArmA multiplayer experiance has been pretty poor for me, i really hope this is not the case with ArmA 2.

no addons used?

I haven't seen this yet either?

It's truly a pity that you haven't had good MP experiences in Arma because you can have experiences no other game can give you.

However: when judging Arma allways check if the problems you have are not addonrelated.

-Yes: there are tons of addons out there

-Yes: a lot of them are great

-Yes: you have to use modfolders to manage them

-No: they are not ALL great

-No: they are not all compatible

Other thing i noticed download only stops for certain mission at the certain point. Allways.

Also i do not think this is an addon problem, since i still exeprianced this issue connecting to XR warfare server using no addons just vanillia arma.

Never happened to me, but maybe its with the server :P cause I once or twice have been through with a few others unable to join server :P

Hi Welcome To Hell

First off in order to help you we need you to answer some specific questions:

1) Which publisher is listed on your ArmA box?

2) ArmA version number.

3) What addons are you using?

4) Which server are you using?

a) If you are using various servers give us one or two specific server names in order for someone to check

b) Log on to a specific named server and test

Then people can try to check it for you.

Kind Regards walker

1) Atari

2) v1.14 and beta v 1.15

3) For v 1.15 ACE and VopSound ACE

4) Any ACE server for v 1.15 and any vanilla server for 1.14

a) I can connect to -=Kellys Heroes=- Quad core no problem

without any "wait for host" problems or any mission download breaks. Same for XR server and SONAF [berzerk] servers on vanilla.

Also i am not using any custom sounds or faces. Servers with battleye enabled are usually unplayable for me because it causes mission breaks and game crashes. (Running vista 64 bit)

Reproducing the problem:

I think this is all partly related to getting stuck on the "waiting for host" / "receiving data" type messages.

I was able to get identicle screenshots by pressing ENTER while at the end of the "receiving data" progress bar after waiting 5-20 minutes.

It seems that clicking the OK button is blocked (disabled), but pressing ENTER (and TAB works also) forces it to proceed to next stage even though it is not yet ready. You may not have been aware that should not be bypassed this way.

Cannot join at all:

I'm getting similar problems now where you get a CTD early on and then you cannot rejoin the server for the rest of the night because upon each retry, it is getting stuck at the end of "receiving data" for 15 minutes, even with a reboot, modem reset, retry, etc.

Chat messages still appear during this time and others can join. I suspect that only a server reset fixes it, because it becomes ok days later. Very frustrating.