Sign in to follow this  
TankCommander

ArmA2 Trailer Edit

Just finished working on a quick edit of the ArmA2 trailers to make it more 'Russian'.

Best viewed in HD

Excellent work with the video Tank, but you included Team Razor (USMC) and some CDF videos.

I don't know why BIS didn't include the Russian anthem with the Russia trailer. It would've fitted them better to do so.

Also, I love the "filter" effect you did with the video.

Thanks guys =)

CDF was included to help fill time and I don't think it's noticeable unless you have really payed attention to the past videos. Team Razor are there as parachuting silhouettes with the same idea in mind.

Very nice indeed!

Especially you sync the anthem pretty nicely to the video. thumbs-up.gif

To be honest i don't like the way you changed the original colors. Why change them?

Imagine that your video gets popular, people might get the wrong idea and impression of the original game. You are in some way modifying BIS message, thats why i disagree with it. Don't think i didn't like it. I liked it, its just changes, in some way, the message BIS is trying to give.

Its incorrect though. This is a Soviet national anthem, the Russian Federation anthem is the same but without the vocals. So you should change that, since its Russian Federation forces not Soviet forces that are in game.

Its incorrect though. This is a Soviet national anthem, the Russian Federation anthem is the same but without the vocals. So you should change that, since its Russian Federation forces not Soviet forces that are in game.

biggrin_o.gif

Words has been changed since Soviet era, but there are lyrics on it wink_o.gif

edit : or maybe I'm wrong with vocals/lyrics, if that then forget what I said smile_o.gif

a fan of "brown is realism" i see. good job, but the color tint is awful.

This is a Soviet national anthem, the Russian Federation anthem is the same but without the vocals.

No, actually there are lyrics to the Russian Federation's anthem. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks everyone for the nice comments =)

Of course the colours won't please everyone, as with everything else it comes down to taste. I did the colour grading for atmosphere more than realism (which is not all brown - watch again) and because if I hadn't, it would be the same old trailer but with different music. Understand it was a personal project and that I am not representing BIS directly or trying to convey their message, whatever that may be.

And yes that is the current Russian anthem with the current Russian flag and with the current Russian Armed Forces insignia in the top right corner wink_o.gif

The color tint is appropriate aged look to common lower quality film, cellulose based and the like. So if you think of this as being from 80's-90's in the USSR region, not far off. Nice work, propaganda man! biggrin_o.gif