Sign in to follow this  
welcome to hell

Fluid Stance(Better cover system)

Yeah, even if it's not truly fluid, at least a vertical lean should be possible. Though if they did that then having it done fluidly (like current leaning left/right) wouldn't be that much extra work. It's the animations for vertical leaning that would probably be what takes the work.

Isn't there already one? aim down while crouched and use TrackIR or ALT key to look ahead.

Isn't there already one? aim down while crouched and use TrackIR or ALT key to look ahead.

No. That's a highly limited, situational and unintended workaround.

Better than nothing :)

My dream thing would be the automatic find height function similar to when you take cover in Vietcong. Aim through the sights and you will pop up.

Yeah that Vietcong system was pretty awesome. It wasn't customizable at all (it tried to guess for you what you wanted to do) and it was still amazing.

72;1259762']Rainbow6 Raven Shield was awesome with its fluid posture button. Look how much or little you want over an object. Since it was fluid (hold a button and move mouse up or down) you could for example in PvP just barely look over a barrel and the others wouldnt notice you. Awesome stuff that worked amazingly well.

Alex

Sorry to stalk you but you always bring up the classics and this point is perfect, I agree raven shield was spot on for that.

I think the new Call of Juraez game has the best cover system I have seen in a video game, feels very natural.

Its like a supercharged version of the Vietcong cover system, and I wish BI could make something like it.

SVWNdlpfUu4

Edited by sparks50

I think the new Call of Juraez game has the best cover system I have seen in a video game, feels very natural.

Its like a supercharged version of the Vietcong cover system, and I wish BI could make something like it.

Yeah, that looks good! Especially for non-trackir-user. But then, please don't forget the actual trackir user and add a vertical axis :) (I know it's some work to do for the animations required but... why not? Maybe a MOD Team will be able to do it?)

Maybe the fluid stance controls, like you said, become confusing. A player spends more time in-game fiddling with the right posture than paying attention to what is going on around him.

But games like Armed Assault, I think, were made to simulate bigger events. Everything is bigger -- the number of people on each side, the distances, the duration of combat is all longer than in Medal Of Honor or Raven Shield. Those other games (the serious ones, not the eye-candy exhibitions) are mostly made to show a small-scale, like room-to-room combat. In those, a fluid stance is much more useful than in Armed Assault. Although I would like to see it implemented in Armed Assault II.

For some i was playing fps with a WII nunchuck. Movement is a thumb joy (like on gamepads) and you can set lean (or any other action) to be controlled by the gyro sensor in it. A similar device with 4-6 buttons would be perfect. A game that uses a similar system is SOCOM on PS3. While the game is a 3rd person shooter (so I do not really like it) it does exactly what the original OP explained but with a lot easier control : motion sensing....

An other option for the control is to use Trackir or an FPS pad e.g. the one I use: a Saitek Cyber Control, which has a little analog thumb joystick next to the keypad...... that joy could perfectly control the above movement as well..

I would really-really welcome this in America's Army, Arma and all other shooters.

PS: I am addicted to input devices..... I have to try them all......

I think, that it would fully sufficient to have cover system like in GTA4 or Man Of War (Faces of War, Soldiers: Heroes Of WW2), especially for AI. I know, that BIS want to have AI without scripts, but here they should do some little compromise. AI should be in cover WAY MORE and I have no problem, if it should be scripted.

And that R6 feature is really great. Imagine AI using it.

Awesome idea, then they can integrate it with trackIR... so if you lean in RL with the cover mode on... your guy leans also. That would be so awesome.