Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Arma2 Area Sat-Pictures updated in Google Earth

Sorry i don't know how but i played some years ago the BIG CTI for OFP. There were Everon, Kolgujew and Malden combined onto one map covering lot of ocean but it was really fun playing a CTI Mission in this scale   notworthy.gif

So even without streaming technology it was possible, with it should be even better. Look even the editor window is to small to show each island at its full size biggrin_o.gif

bigctiabeledencain.jpg

I'm not sure if this statement is correct. The world size in meters is not limited, but the cell size is.

Also, big maps like to crash arma, because the memory gets devoured.

I'm not sure if this statement is correct. The world size in meters is not limited, but the cell size is.

Also, big maps like to crash arma, because the memory gets devoured.

What they need is a better way to allocate vm. The physical memory in ArmA is for the current game data and the viewdistance. The map data and locations is loaded into the vm. If arma is crashing it's because of poor communications between the pm and vm. So, thats what needs to be further upgraded to have bigger maps.

the place where that castle is does seem to be just within the area used for the landscape though, i don't know if there are any other castles of that style in that area.

the main city (chernagorsk i think, the one shown at the beginning of the civilians vid) does seem to be based on usti nad labem which is next to where the castle is in rl. maybe there is a steeper cliff behind the camera, the mountain with the huge tower does seem to look a bit flatter in the video than in real pics.

(The main city shares many similarities with usti- next to water, train tracks, tall buildings and the civ vid suggests you can see the big tower from there.

Well the entry to the Střekov castle look like this:

http://www.zamky-hrady.cz/6/img/strekov_let.jpg

wich is diferent from that screenshot.

And there is also one thing that exclude the Střekov castle. The castle is located next to the dam

http://www.pla.cz/planet/public/vodnidila/foto/Jez_strekov.jpg

wich seem to be out of the area used for the map:

http://www.pla.cz/planet/public/vodnidila/schemata/mapa_strekov.jpg

But it is possible, that its a castle from another area moved there, like the airport.

that castle could be blansko, i would be happy to see strekov as well tho, a castle on steep cliff next to the sea could make a good mission objective  biggrin_o.gif

at the moment i'm tryin to find the big mast thing, i'm not sure whether it's in the same place as RL, if so it should be visible from the main city.

this seems to be the same castle from a different angle

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4-arma2_pcaction_6.jpg

Is this the big antena tower?

http://www.mrakodrapy.xf.cz/bukovahora.jpg

Buková Hora radio tower.

The location was a bit changed in chernogorsk, but it is near Ustí nad labem.

yes.

Big Antenna near Nemci / Tasov

Usti nad Labem is too far away.

Here is ArmA2 Map and real satellites map rotated left 90° :

Map on BIS Forum

This is no small area! wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Here is ArmA2 Map and real satellites map rotated left 90° :

There is nothing rotated....

Everything is like it is

Guys again regarding the size.... i still think its a lot better+bigger than Sahrani.... i mean come on look at the sat-pictures.... either Arma1 was terribly of-scaled or i don't know...

vfb6kg_th.jpg

Btw, i hope we see cut "3" asewell...  tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif  notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Here is ArmA2 Map and real satellites map rotated left 90° :

There is nothing rotated....

Everything is like it is

That's not true!??

The river forms the border (to mare) and the image was rotated by 90 degrees. Definitely!

River = Coastline.

Original the river (Elbe) goes from north to south and in ArmA2 as Coastline from west to east!

@electricleash

Is a HL2 foto inside!  biggrin_o.gif

it is not rotated, arma 2's coast goes down from the north to the south along the east edge AND west to east along the south.

they have simply extended the line of the river along the bottom to make a square.

it is not rotated, arma 2's coast goes down from the north to the south along the east edge AND west to east along the south.

they have simply extended the line of the river along the bottom to make a square.

exactly and period!

Please open your eyes a bit Blackland or blend the two pictures over with photoshop.... noting rotated!!!

Otherwise the whole 3 big hills nothern are would not fit and other stuff not too...

i know they have said the buildings and stuff have been changed in style a bit but i hope they keep a lot of the features of the real world place, it is such an amazing looking area.

i would like to see some hidden easter eggs as well.

Aarrgghhh, Shit - Sorry, Sorry!! notworthy.gif

Have something else here.....

It´s right, this is the map from usti to Decin. banghead.gif

Again, sorry, is really my fault!

the size doesn't appear big because you might not realise the scale. For instance go to google earth, look up your own town/city. Find a place that would take you 30 minutes to walk to from your house and compare that distance. It doesn't look far, but it's 30 damn minutes of walking.