Sign in to follow this  
eble

OH-58 Kiowa Warrior

update update update biggrin_o.gif hows it coming along? any updates on the textures?

update update update biggrin_o.gif hows it coming along? any updates on the textures?

hang on i will call southy and wake him just to make you happy..... crazy_o.gif

hang on i will call southy and wake him just to make you happy..... crazy_o.gif

poor southy let him sleep tounge2.gif

Is this a joke? He just posted a video yesterday. It's obvious he gives updates when he has something to give. Let him do it on his own time.

Well must say, excellent work Southy! Glad to have you working on this. Really appreciate it. And take your time, quality over speed.

i just wanted an update on the textures, cant even ask anymore? man, so damn serious...

no update on the textures at the moment I still only have the original ones that vektorboson had made.

Hopefully I will be able to get new ones, tho in all honesty these are good enough.

second probably much more important than the textures, all animations are in place, weapon systems check and working.

I'm in the process of creating the laser only hellfire.

Now for the biggie, in the whole conversion process you get to a point where you know if the addon will be good or not, were now there with the Kiowa.

One major and I mean major problem has come up, it appears that the original Kiowa model from ofp has a reference to a texture in the model(not actually used), I cannont trace, I have checked all the lods/geo/fire/pilots/gunners views etc, this is normally a 2/3 min job to get the model in arma with the correct textures (if using the old ofp one).

What does this mean?, well basically it means this addon has an error, when you place it in the editor and click preview it comes up with the texture error, I've tried everything to get round this, even converted the ofp model 2/3 times to no avail.

I'm bitterly disappointed as I've already promised that this would be released, I've had someone else check the model and they also cannont find the texture location, without knowing where it is I can't replace it and make the addon error free.

This is the first time I've come across an error I cannont fix in converting models from ofp.

I will still be working on this and I'll be posting in the editing section for any assistance.

If this error cannot be fixed I will not be releasing this addon.

Stay tuned.

Southy

hey southy come on bro, even if you cant fix the problem please just release it anyways, so what if a error message comes up every time, it still works and there wont be a real problem, its better then no kiowa! please southy no sence not releasing something cause a little message comes up befor the start of a mission, its a simple click, then next thing you know your flying a kiowa! but its all up to you bro! good luck and dont let me down southy! sad_o.gif

p.s. either way i always did and always will support you! keep working hard cuz!

Ok, I'll change it to, if I can't fix the error I'll release the addon for private use, people can then do what they like with it etc.

It just won't appear on the completed addons section.

I'm still holding out for a fix but who knows.

Southy

PS did BIS ever release sample vehicles of the flashpoint addons like they did with the arma ones?

southy once again you amaze me! sence my b-day is the 3rd this should be a great present! lol. thanks southy, your the MAN! i owe you one, and so does everybody else!lol

p.s. just incase nobody else say this, thank you! thank you! thank you!

hey southy come on bro, even if you cant fix the problem please just release it anyways, so what if a error message comes up every time, it still works and there wont be a real problem, its better then no kiowa! please southy no sence not releasing something cause a little message comes up befor the start of a mission, its a simple click, then next thing you know your flying a kiowa! but its all up to you bro! good luck and dont let me down southy! sad_o.gif

p.s. either way i always did and always will support you! keep working hard cuz!

Southy, personally I'd rather see you get the error fixed then release just because a few people want it sooner rather than later. Sure I'm itching to use this bird as well but I'd rather wait until you have something you're comfortable releasing. It's unlike you to release something just for the sake of getting something out there. Please don't start now. Hold off a little longer and see if you can get some assistance, there's plenty of geniuses on this forum that can provide some help.

Besides, if you post a link to the release it will be moved to the completed thread by the Moderators. No sense in having that done if you don't feel it's complete.

The knowledge and the way people help each other on these forums amazes me sometimes.

Not two hours ago I thought I had wasted the best part of 30 hours on this addon when I hit a texture brick wall.

no more than an hour or two posted in the editing section and we have the problem cured.

All textures are now in place and working, the next week will be config tweaks and rotor adjustments and fingers crossed some new textures.

Thanks to all those that help to clear this up so qucikly!.

I'll post, when I have something new to report.

Were back on track smile_o.gif

Cheers

Southy

Glad to hear. Thanks for all the effort and time put into it thus far and going forward.

nice work m8e when it comes out ill have a go at doing some textures for it and your the man notworthy.gif

Southy, personally I'd rather see you get the error fixed then release just because a few people want it sooner rather than later. Sure I'm itching to use this bird as well but I'd rather wait until you have something you're comfortable releasing. It's unlike you to release something just for the sake of getting something out there. Please don't start now. Hold off a little longer and see if you can get some assistance, there's plenty of geniuses on this forum that can provide some help.

Besides, if you post a link to the release it will be moved to the completed thread by the Moderators. No sense in having that done if you don't feel it's complete.

i was'nt by any means pushing southy for a release, if my post was read correctly, it meant that if to no avail its still got an error dont just throw it away! but to @southy: iv always beleived in you ever seen i found out who you were a while back, i have even chatted with ya a few times and well, your a very cool and talanted man! the best of luck to ya!

cheers bro!

Small update.

new rotors now in place,

all weapon systems checked/working

all animations working

Next to do, refine cockpit, and apply new textures (still waiting on these)

Current weapon systems fitted and tested are:

All versions will have the Mast Mounted Sight, operated by the gunner, primary use is for laser designation/spotting.

Zoom is approx 1.5 longer than cobra.

Weapon loadouts:

2 x Hellfire, 1 x XM296 .50 Cal. (12.7-mm) machine gun

2 x hellfire, 7 rnds FFAR

7 rnds FFAR, 1 x XM296 .50 Cal. (12.7-mm) machine gun

7 rnds FFAr, 7 rnds FFAR

I have a spare version, so if anyone wants to add a combo I haven't got above let me know, I was going to use this one as:

2 x Hellfire, 2 x Stingers.

I've had the flight model tested and the results are looking very good, it handles somewhere inbetween the Ah6 and Cobra.

I will update more info, when I have soemthing to tell.

Southy

Thanks for the update Southy!  thumbs-up.gif  Now I'm really looking forward to this mod.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Congratulations Southy - and thanks to all of the people that helped you so quickly!

Stew notworthy.gif

Ok moving into the final phase now:

recieved the final textures from eddyD which built upon the great textures from vektorboson.

Doing the final config tweaks, the addon has a few quirks which I'll explain on release, but all in all it play and flys well.

kiowanew.jpg

kiowanew2.jpg

kiowanew3.jpg

Now things I'm aware off, the gun is lifted straight from the Ah6, so it works fine, but doesn't look 100% like a Kiowa's 50.cal gun does.

Rotors are lifted from the UH-60 and resized to the Kiowa.

The FFAR version fires the last two rockets from the right hand side (arma engine coded?) Hellfire side.

The Stinger version, fires the missiles from the hellfire side.

Hopefully I can fix a few of these problems before release.

Southy