Sign in to follow this  
JeRK

2 resistance factions?

Is it true that there will be 2 different resistance/militia factions? If yes, how will they be equipped?

Latest HD video shows just one side with PK, AK and RPG-7 armament wearing fine looking regular camo. Looking quite much like regular army units.

Hard to say are those other guys (who gets flashbanged) resistance or just civilians. They seem to have some pieces of urban camo in their clothes, but overall they seem quite irregular. But i don't remember did they have any weaponry in that video.

They already confirmed long ago that there will be two sort of "resistance" faction in Arma2 - no matter what we actually saw or not.

There are 4 different forces present in Chernarus, and I think that only 1 of them could be called a 'resistance'- although, a better term for them might be a revolutionary army.

There are the Americans, the Russians, the government army of Chernarus, and the communist nationalist movement. Of those, only the 'Chedaki' Chernarussian communists could really be called a resistance movement, but they are the aggressors in this story.

So, is there still a civilian side or are the part of one of the resistance factions?

I wonder if there will be a full-blown fight between US and Russia forces from the start of the campaign, or if it is something that will develop as the story progresses.

So, is there still a civilian side or are the part of one of the resistance factions?

It sounds like the north of Chernarus is occupied by ethnic Russian nationalists and the southern majority are primarily Chernarussian seperatists.  Maybe there are 2 or more civilian groups.  There is at least one group of civilians, as we have seen in the screenshots.  The campaign has been said to heavily involve a hearts and minds campaign so to speak, so the civies can either be pro or anti West.

I'm guessing the Americans and Russians are actualy friends in this? I don't really know, but it would be near suicide to not let the Americans and Russians to be enemies (in the whole game not campaign)

I'm guessing the Americans and Russians are actualy friends in this? I don't really know, but it would be near suicide to not let the Americans and Russians to be enemies (in the whole game not campaign)

Naw.  The Russians would be on the side of the Chedaki Russian Nationalists... ie. the antagonists.  The US would be on the side of the pro-west separatist establishment... ie. the legal government of Chernarus.

I like the sound of the ARMA2 conflict, seems very real, unlike ARMA which was very unreal to me and a reason i didnt really like it to much.

smile_o.gif

I checked some footage and stuff and it looks like it'll be something like this:

US(MC)

Chernarussian military (RACS style not-so-well-armed force, but with eastern gear)

vs

Russia

Separatist/pro-Russia rebels

I wonder if both "resistances" will have selectable relations like resistance and independent in OFP and ArmA 1 or if their relations will be fixed or if they'll even be in the same faction as their allies?

I'm of course hoping for the first thing.

Anyway, I love the setting as it makes so much more sense than the whole Sahrani deal.

So this basicaly is the georgian conflict, just differen'tly named?

So this basicaly is the georgian conflict, just differen'tly named?

I think that that's a little too broad a sweep, but it definitely seems based on that situation or other similar situations.

By that I mean the Georgian conflict had a specific course and a very detailed set of circumstances. Since the outcome of this conflict seems dependent on the Americans, among other things, it is not 'basically the Georgian conflict', but it seems like Chernarus is in a similar state of affairs. I don't know if Georgia recently had an election where a Pro-Communist, Russian Loyalist government was ousted in favour of Pro-West Separatists in a democratic election, etc.

Naw.  The Russians would be on the side of the Chedaki Russian Nationalists... ie. the antagonists.  The US would be on the side of the pro-west separatist establishment... ie. the legal government of Chernarus.

This from the press kit:

Quote[/b] ]After negotiations to join Russia resulted in dismissal by Moscow, insurgents installed their own government and declared martial law, continuing to advance to the western

part of the country.

From this I'm not really sure whether the Russians are on anyone's "side" - the way I see it they're probably just there to keep an eye on things and prevent the conflict spilling out of Chernarussian borders.

Hi all

A more sensible long term solution is a user definable aliance table.

This would then facilitate dynamic relationships.

I am betting VBS customers would want to see this to. We worked on this as part of dynamic civilians at AGG LLC.

The ability to fracture aliances and alter relationships according to actions makes for a more accurate simulation. "Hint hint Suma"

The cost in terms of code is relativley small. Since it was already tested in script form in an earlier Real Virtuality engine.

Kind Regards walker

This from the press kit:

Quote[/b] ]After negotiations to join Russia resulted in dismissal by Moscow, insurgents installed their own government and declared martial law, continuing to advance to the western

part of the country.

From this I'm not really sure whether the Russians are on anyone's "side" - the way I see it they're probably just there to keep an eye on things and prevent the conflict spilling out of Chernarussian borders.

That could be it too. A three axis power struggle would be something not often seen in a video game plot before.

I wonder if there will be a full-blown fight between US and Russia forces from the start of the campaign, or if it is something that will develop as the story progresses.

From what I heard, you start out with the Resistance trying to get Chernarus into Russian Hands, but Russia declines and doesn't want any involvement at first. You fight the Resistance for a bit, and eventually halfway through Russia becomes involved and you start fighting them. I think Russia is also Hostile to the resistance too, but also to you.

Perhaps this time there may be seperate storyline trees depending on your actions..