Sign in to follow this  
colonel well

can't fire in command view ?

when I play with a soldier in game can't fire in command view , can fire in first view and second view but not in external view , why ? is it a bug in my game or it's the same for your game ?

Because the command view is, as the name suggests, for commanding units around. You cannot fire your weapon in command view.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. smile_o.gif

it's a good idea to make an addon or script to fire in command view

Not really.

You can fire in command view, just change your fire button to something other than just the left mouse button.

ok  icon_rolleyes.gif  hehe .... it's a good idea to make an addon or script to fire in command view  wink_o.gif   whistle.gif  tounge2.gif

Would you like to drive/pilot in command view too?

yes you can. and it is good that you do.

The command view as in pressing 'del' and get a huge overview, or just selecting squadmembers and sending them somewhere?

I dont know about you guys, but i CAN fire my rifle by pressing ctrl. LMB sends units around, ctrl lets me fire on enemies. Has been that way by default for me, maybe it's a button set-up?

i remember being able to in old OFP. was thinking about this the other day, how you cant fire in command view in arma.

as for using a different key, ive added crtl to my fire in options and tested it, it did not work.

you can load, reload, switch weaps, use binocs etc in command view but you cant fire. sounds like a limitation to me since you can do everything else.

yes it is fun to fly in command view as well.

as for using a different key, ive added crtl to my fire in options and tested it, it did not work.

He means the default keyboard setup. In command view you right click a target. By then pressing the left Ctrl you order the AI Gunner to fire.

What would be the point of firing in command view? S'not like you can aim whilst in it.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Mainly taking screenshots I'm assuming, its all I ever used the "feature" for in OFP.