Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Naval Units

Ok, I finally read the README FILE  icon_rolleyes.gif  but I can't seem to board the Usable Chopper?

Add Usable Chopper to Deck of Ship

----------------------------------

In the INIT line of the ship place;

[this, "XXXX"] exec "gnt_frigates\chopper.sqs"

Can you tell me the Script for moving in Soldiers to Hanger?

This moveIn??

Thanks

Look it's not that complicated.   You don't need any fancy scripts...  look....

1.  Place the OPFOR frigate on the mission editor in a deep part of the ocean.  

2.  Ok zoom in to the Russian frigate....go to the OPFOR/AIR menu and select the KA-27.   You will see a blue line connecting the ship to the KA-27.  If you don't want them both in the same squad, ungroup them.   Go to "group" and then click on the KA-27 and drag away from it and the ship.  This will ungroup them.  

3.  click on the KA-27 and drag it over to the rear of the frigate.    In the KA-27's init box copy and paste this exact script:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 10];

Click on the Ka-27 and make sure that you are selected as player on it.  Ok...that is all.   When you hit "preview" you should find yourself on the deck of the frigate and as the pilot of the KA-27.  You "may" drop a bit to the deck when you start off.  If so on the init box script mentioned, lower the last number 10 a bit lower to 9 or 8.  Eventually you will find the right height for that particular ship position in the ocean. Again...it changes a bit depending on where you position the ship in the water.  Closer to shore and the height changes sometimes.  I don't know why.  Ask BIS.

Anyways, I hope that helps. If then Gnat needs to make some template missions. Or I could make some simple straightforward missions with a helicopter full of troops taking off from the Frigate. If you want to start off in the frigate and not have the helicopter full of troops take off until you get in...then ok I can do that to. If you wall the troops to open hangar doors and walk out and board the chopper...that I'm afraid is not as easy...they usually walk off the ship and end up swimming with the fishes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Miles, I understand that, and with all due respect, using that approach works until the ship moves and the Helo is in the Drink huh.gif

GNAT provided a script to attach it but you can't get in. Also moveInCargo does not work for boarding in player init. Sorry for the confusion.

great work with the ships thumbs-up.gif , i'm testing a little and when the russian frigate is attacked by planes it launch a missile verticaly that always ends falling down to the frigate again as Newton predicted , it shots itself so to speak.

i'd make a suggestion for future releases, when you deploy the zodiac you could add an action to allow the crew enter as zodiac driver. if you could implement Mandoble scripts just like scars09 did it would be wonderful . apart of that the models are superb

Great stuff as usual, but as some others have said how do you get units to start inside the hanger? Moveincargo doesn't work

Thanks Miles, I understand that, and with all due respect, using that approach works until the ship moves and the Helo is in the Drink  huh.gif

GNAT provided a script to attach it but you can't get in.  Also moveInCargo does not work for boarding in player init. Sorry for the confusion.

Oooooooooooooooooh I feel like an idiot now....I had no idea he had an attachment script for a moving ship....

My mistake. I didn't realize that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

[man,ship] exec "ManIntoCargo.sqs"

ManIntoCargo.sqs

~0.3

_man = _this select 0

_ship = _this select 1

?(typeof _ship == "GNTKrivak") : _deck = nearestobject [_ship, "GNTKrivakDeck"]

?(typeof _ship == "GNTOHP") : _deck = nearestobject [_ship, "GNTOHPDeck"]

_man moveincargo _deck

Untested but should work.

You CAN NOT move into the cargo/driver of a Chopper locked onto the rear deck (its not actually a real chopper).

From the cargo area (or seat) on the ship, you can (then "launch" a chopper and) move into a real chopper.

... guess I should have done more demo missions ..... can't win.

Ohh didn't think it would be released so soon inlove.gif

Will give this a spin to see how it works and all, I can really this spinning of some missions, just wish a day had more than 24 hours tounge2.gif

That's perfect thanks that will help start the mission and then use the RH1B to hit the beach!

Perfect!

Sorry GNat, I tired the example but got:

"error invalid number in expression"

Well first of all thank you Gnat for all this work. The scripting is way cool. Things that were thought to be impossible are in the game now. Respect for you work maestro!

Ka-27 is a nice touch indeed. I am not sure about the sound, never heard a real thing though, but seems a bit weak. But I could be wrong on this one.

Kick ass missiles! Tanks and other vehicles in the impact area just don't stand a chance.

Now, couple of questions. Is it possible to arm these guys with AA missiles? Is it also possible to target enemy vehicles from Ka-27, so that the gunner can fire missiles at them without a clear line of sight?

And the last question. Submarines?

whistle.gif

Gnat @ Feb. 23 2009,14:25)][man,ship] exec "ManIntoCargo.sqs"

ManIntoCargo.sqs

~0.3

_man = _this select 0

_ship = _this select 1

?(typeof _ship == "GNTKrivak") : _deck = nearestobject [_ship, "GNTKrivakDeck"]

?(typeof _ship == "GNTOHP") : _deck = nearestobject [_ship, "GNTOHPDeck"]

_man moveincargo _deck

Untested but should work.

You CAN NOT move into the cargo/driver of a Chopper locked onto the rear deck (its not actually a real chopper).

From the cargo area (or seat) on the ship, you can (then "launch" a chopper and) move into a real chopper.

... guess I should have done more demo missions ..... can't win.

I tried making this work but got "Error Invalid Number in Expression"

Can someone help me with why? banghead.gif

Thanks

vengeance, I've tested the script and it works. You appear to be using it incorrectly.

Place a ship on the map, call it "Krivak2"

Place a man on the map, call it "Xman"

Use a trigger or a INIT

[Xman,Krivak2] exec "ManIntoCargo.sqs"

@Bospor

No sorry.

Gnat @ Feb. 26 2009,08:57)]vengeance, I've tested the script and it works. You appear to be using it incorrectly.

Place a ship on the map, call it "Krivak2"

Place a man on the map, call it "Xman"

Use a trigger or a INIT

[Xman,Krivak2] exec "ManIntoCargo.sqs"

@Bospor

No sorry.

GNat,

Your patience is very much appreciated. This cleared it up immediately, I was putting it in the player INIT. I used a Trigger and yes I am now put into the Cargo Deck.

Sorry you had to get so basic in explaining it. confused_o.gif

Vengeance

no prob.

EDIT: Anyone got feedabck od MP perfermance ?

.... seems to be 1000's of downloads, but little feedback.

Hey gnat, great release with the frigates!

I have been messing around with them and something very strange happened. I had 2 fleets start pretty close together, some fighters overhead, fun stuff.

Until that is, one of the OHP frigates flew away. It started to spaz out at first, the flew off away in the direction it had been pointing easily reaching 500-800 feet. I tried to screenshot but i hit scroll lock instead of print screen. I'm nothing for code of any kind so there was none running at all in the scenario .

Other than that these are PERFECT. I love your work so much it is Really very disturbing.

Wow @ the rocket video! God i love how the rocket slowly gets out of the Sub! and it has a nice realistic heavy punch, too!

Keep up the good work.

... some fighters overhead....

Until that is, one of the OHP frigates flew away. ..... flew off away in the direction it had been pointing easily reaching 500-800 feet.....

@Kamping-Killoch

Hi. Per the Readme.

Quote[/b] ]- Ships will kick at high speed when impacted by

non-compliant weapons.

** TELL ALL ADDON MAKERS TO SWITCH OFF WEAPON GEO

LOD COLLISIONS OTHERWISE NO ONES NAVAL VESSELS WILL WORK**

You said "some fighters", so I'm guessing the cause is 1 of them fired a missile at the ship.

BIS's own weapons are not compliant either.

@ZorboZ

Thanks.

Gnat @ Mar. 02 2009,01:19)]
... some fighters overhead....

Until that is, one of the OHP frigates flew away. ..... flew off away in the direction it had been pointing easily reaching 500-800 feet.....

@Kamping-Killoch

Hi. Per the Readme.

Quote[/b] ]- Ships will kick at high speed when impacted by

non-compliant weapons.

** TELL ALL ADDON MAKERS TO SWITCH OFF WEAPON GEO

LOD COLLISIONS OTHERWISE NO ONES NAVAL VESSELS WILL WORK**

You said "some fighters", so I'm guessing the cause is 1 of them fired a missile at the ship.

BIS's own weapons are not compliant either.

@ZorboZ

Thanks.

Ah, misunderstood what you meant by kick. My bad.

Gnat @ Feb. 27 2009,13:32)]no prob.

EDIT: Anyone got feedabck od MP perfermance ?

.... seems to be 1000's of downloads, but little feedback.

Gnat,

I have put both the Krivak and the OHP in MP missions and put on my Dedi Server.  I integrated them into existing missions with several AddOns.  

1. Heavily modded Xeno BigChance ACE mission with AI-Enabled that I was testing for NORRIN.  

2. Heavily modded Xeno Domination ACE mission.

In both cases I have your Sparviero also in the misson with no errors, but the OHP immediately upon start of mission bounced all over finally going into orbit.  It did not do any of this until it was on the Dedi Server.

I can test by themselves next if you still need the feedback.

UPDATE:

OHP Frigate Chopper Board does not work, I believe it is the Chopper.sqs file, it only has

deck = nearestobject [_ship, "GNTKrivakDeck"]

referenced althought the UH60 appears it doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

Hey, glad I stuck with this. I made a section in my gallery. 9800 card and tweaked settings.

You probably know about these already ...

- Soldiers fall into the sea.

- I can change from Captain / driver to some positions but not back again.

- Leaving the ship and then rejoining (from the sea) seems only possible into the small calibre weapons. From there I can only eject again.

- I managed to open the rear cargo door. I went in and approached the small door at the back and fell into the model (collision error).

I could just setup battles and watch the fireworks ! Thanks for this Gnat  biggrin_o.gif

Nice work Barney

:yay:

** Submarines Released from their pens !! **

------------------------------------

----- See First Post for Update -----

------------------------------------

Beta 1

Have fun

subah.th.jpg

subai.th.jpg

subaj.th.jpg

Edited by [APS]Gnat