insects pack by colonel well

find in editor under independent - colonel well's addon - cw_alienscorpio

- cw_antnest ( under empty )

- cw_biggiantant

- cw_giantant

- cw_gray

- cw_troopersbugs

- cw_alienwasp

no commercial blablabla , but it's a free and open addons you can change and modifi it if you want .

by colonel well

video

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBGZeb74d4&feature=channel

download now !

http://www.fast-load.net/index.p....5b3ee6b

ipwv6.jpg

I've said it before, but the most original addons to hit arma so far.

A lot of people thought you wouldn't get the animations right to even get the first scropion in game, took all of 2/3 days to get that right.

Great work mate.

Southy

i'm scared :O

i remember a time in OFP when people were releasing insane models like auto-gyro by Leonard Da Vinci, baloon, cow-gun etc.

it is great that you do something unique biggrin_o.gif

those S-F addons here and in OFP gave a lot of fun :]

super biggrin_o.gif

if anybody did a decent Alien model or two from the alien movies I would be thrilled! biggrin_o.gif of course complete with sound fx and custom animations too and it should move fast and be able to take at least 20 rounds before it drops down pistols.gif

Great work dude, very original and fun!

So any vicious alien sea creatures on the horizon? xmas_o.gif

with the first troopers bug i had 2 bugs showing up 1 was a config error (something about scope ? ) the second was a sound missing are these fixes in this pack ?

nop, they are not fixed, it seems colonel_well did the config trying to beat a new speed world record , wrong sound paths, wrong model names... i tried to fix it but for every thing i fixed ten new bugs appeared, it was just like the starship troopers movie , you killed one bug and ten more were to come crazy_o.gif  so  frightening....

nop, they are not fixed, it seems colonel_well did the config trying to beat a new speed world record , wrong sound paths, wrong model names... i tried to fix it but for every thing i fixed ten new bugs appeared, it was just like the starship troopers movie , you killed one bug and ten more were to come crazy_o.gif  so  frightening....

sorry for the nightmare notworthy.gif it's the begenning for me to build addon , it's new for me wink_o.gif

Just the fact you got these working in Armed Assault is really cool itself.

Good job man.

Colonel Well,

I agree, it is amazing that you have been able to add these insects (and other items) to Arma. I really like the larger ant, it is just the right size to be like the ants in the movie "Them" made in the 1950s. I reduced the armor so the AI will engage the ants with small arms, but it is still quite hard to bring down. I love what you have been doing. PLEASE keep up the good work. thumbs-up.gif

sorry for the nightmare notworthy.gif  it's the begenning for me to build addon , it's new for me  wink_o.gif

i agree with the above posts its a great job you have done so far now to find somebody to help you get the configs right and they are all set to go smile_o.gif and then we will love you 4-ever tounge2.gif

Hi colonel well,

I fixed your config problems and updated your scripts alittle I'm trying to PM you but your box is full. I took out the groups because they where the same ones repeated but maybe someone else could help you with that.

Sincerely,

Viper

P.S. I love the insect ....... my arty addon got a work out earlier

biggrin_o.gif

i found problem , fire geometry LOD not meets insect model in view, it causes that you fire in insect, but for game engine, you hit nothing

models should be reworked that fire geometry LOD represents things you see in resolution lods

HI Everyone,

I reworked the scripts and configs on the insect pack and colonel well liked them so here it goes

1. antnest is an active nest you can use multiple antnest but only one will be active.

2. Reworked the configs to correct the errors

3. species now "growl" as they are being killed

4. each species have they're own formations

5. all species found under "independent""CW Insects" remember to set Racs friendly to no one in the editor

Download:

CW Insects updated configs/scripts

Have Fun!  smile_o.gif

P.S. you'll need an army for the ant nest  wink_o.gif

please also improve firegeometry

there cannot be situation that "head" is 50 cm above model

cause you aim and fire in model, but bullets hit nothing, cause in fire geometry head and body is in other place

Very fun to play with. I wonder if you could script some disembowelment and maybe make the blood greenish for the starship troopers bugs. smile_o.gif