Sign in to follow this  
AimPoint

Parallax Effect Bug

I spend weeks searching the solution to this,but without success  banghead.gif

Aimpoint_repl_bug.jpg

I,m using a 100% transparant texture and rvmat for hide the thing,the problem seem  occurs only in vehicles cargo view.

rvmat setting

Quote[/b] ]ambient[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,5.000000};

diffuse[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000};

forcedDiffuse[]={0.005000,0.005000,0.005000,0.000000};

emmisive[]={0.500000,0.500000,0.500000,1.000000};

specular[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000};

specularPower=0.000000;

renderFlags[]=

{"NoAlphaWrite"};

PixelShaderID="Normal";

VertexShaderID="Basic";

any idea would be appreciated alot.

thank you.

This is a long shot, but if Panda[PL]'s advise doesn't work, try adding the optic as a proxy to the weapon, maybe a proxy on a proxy on a proxy might fix it. It probably wont, but its worth a try if only to rule it out.

looks to me like one (or more) of your proxy polygons vertices is not set as 'hidden'.

Or, maybe you have 2 or more polygons sitting in the exact same position in 3d space and one is mapped to your proxy and one is just sitting there doing nothing... except of course stuffing up your fov... dunno... could be a whole swag of different combinations of senarios... best send the model to another person and get them to analyse for you... a 2nd. pair of eyes...

Thanks for suggestions guys.

The canOcclude=0 doesn't work unfortunately.

Now the proxy solution.

Option 1

Using the invisible tube and holo reticle as proxy:

This seem fix the problem inside vehicles,but now the reticle dissappear into the ground and close range objects.  confused_o.gif

amp_holo_bug.jpg

Option 2

Using only the invisible tube as proxy and let the reticle with the rifle in the original position:

But now the holo it's visible outside the tube,move faces top or bottom doesn't help.

banghead.gif

What about the tube as one proxy, and the reticle as another proxy. I have no idea if that'll work, but maybe it'll combine the fixes of both solutions without the problems caused.

Ahh well, worth a try. I've got an invested interest in this being fixed so I can utilise it in my future packs too wink_o.gif

Coming from a standpoint of ignorance, is it possible to have that tube included only on one LOD, and then have a special LOD for the iron sites view?

I suppose technically, you could create some kind of intricate 3d model as the optic view, which had the reticle etc included, however I have no idea if you would be able to simulate the weapon sway when you turn/pivot your aim. For that matter, I'm not entirely sure you can have a 3d optic model.

What I mean to ask is is it possible to switch LODs when the player hits the 'iron sights' view button? .. or any event, really. Maybe a better LOD to have would be an 'inside vehicle' one which deletes the tube while a player is in cargo.

What I mean to ask is is it possible to switch LODs when the player hits the 'iron sights' view button? .. or any event, really.  Maybe a better LOD to have would be an 'inside vehicle' one which deletes the tube while a player is in cargo.

There is only one Pilot LOD.

And pilot LOD by coding occludes the vehicle interior LOD.

And I suppose the pilot LOD is the same one that is used when the player is walking around, which is the same one used when the player is using his gun sights?

And I suppose the pilot LOD is the same one that is used when the player is walking around, which is the same one used when the player is using his gun sights?

Indeed.

Indeed.

Damn. Thanks for your patience in explaining it to me.

Hi Aimpoint,

I got some time finally to have a closer look at your problem.

I think I may have found a solution.

Hopefully the following pictures convey the necessary info... if you require further detail then please indicate.

Cheers, Sy.

1. Faces in the 'Cono' Selection.

AimPoint_Eotech_1.png

AimPoint_Eotech_2.png

AimPoint_Eotech_3.png

2. Faces in the 'Holo' selection.

AimPoint_Eotech_4.png

AimPoint_Eotech_5.png

Solution.

AimPoint_Eotech_6.png

Result.

Warning !! The following images are over 100 Kbytes in size.

Result_1.png 500 Kbytes

Result_2.png 910 Kbytes

Result_3.png 1 Mbyte

Good luck...

Why are the eotech cross-hairs on the glass of the gun sight?  I think for those results photos you are using the wrong weapon model.  The cross-hairs should be on the end of the invisible cone some 30m away or whatever the distance is, shouldn't they?

Why are the eotech cross-hairs on the glass of the gun sight?

They aren't on the glass of the gun sight.

Quote[/b] ]I think for those results photos you are using the wrong weapon model.

nope.

Quote[/b] ]The cross-hairs should be on the end of the invisible cone some 30m away or whatever the distance is, shouldn't they?

they are.

Explain to me, then, the existence of the crosshair in this shot, please:

Oh, that's just plain vanilla ArmA settings with crosshairs on... one just turns it off in the ArmA user profile settings...

The ViewGunner lod being present on the weapon model instead of the ViewPilot lodmeans the optics default to the next visible lod (the 2.000 lod in this case). Your method Synide, does not include the parallax effect at all, and instead all you see is the reticle on the glass, and not projected X meters in front of the weapon.

I don't think plaintiff meant the "ArmA T aiming crosshair" he referred to the eotech aiming reticle, and in your thrid image it is CLEARLY present on the eotech glass and it shouldn't be at all.

Explain to me, then, the existence of the crosshair in this shot, please:

Oh, that's just plain vanilla ArmA settings with crosshairs on... one just turns it off in the ArmA user profile settings...

Oh no, I mean the cross hair on the eotech sight.  You can see the eotech hologram cross hairs on the glass there, as Jackal was saying.  That's what I'm wondering about.  Thanks for taking the time to reply smile_o.gif Interestingly, I think that if the parallax reflector effect was present, and if the reticle was visible in space, it should be floating in around the same area as the ArmA T crosshairs.

The ViewGunner lod being present on the weapon model instead of the ViewPilot lodmeans the optics default to the next visible lod (the 2.000 lod in this case).

Hmmm, oh dear... you are quite correct... completely forgot about that 'feature'. It was indeed lod'ing up to 2.0 and not using the 10m 'Holo' poly of the 'View Gunner'.

Aimpoint, sorry seems I was off on a tangent there. Oh well, how sad never mind.

It would be a 'nice' feature to have but I can't see what's too bad about having the reticule on the glass anyway.

After trying everything I could possible think of and asking several more experienced modders, I finally I had to drop the parallax effect from my stuff.

I stubbornly began to realize that for how little the parallax effect adds, it just isn't worth the downsides.

My reticule is slightly in front of the glass, so you can't see the ret while walking/looking at the gun but its also difficult to see when not aiming through the sight.

Unfortunately, this is what I found to be the best compromise.

My setup