M249 SAW

MG 36

M60

MG 41

PKM

Stoner LMG

RPD

FN MAG

If this is a list targeted to BIS, then you gotta think about that for the US side for example we got the marines, and this time around we will use the marines weapons and vehicles. But maybe it was an ArmA2 community addons wishlist? wink_o.gif

idk , i thought to goal was realism  here

so my wish list will  stick what is in use  everyday in the Army and yes  i know arma2  is  centered around the USMC      

M16A4  

M16A2  

M4    

M4a1  

At4

M203

M24  

M110

M9

M249  with  diff  barrel lengths

m240  

almost of these weapons are modifiable with there ras (rail systems )  and  the accessories that  are usually mounted on them should be in game as well

AN/PEQ-15 - look it up its the peq 2 replacement, half the size of peq2 with a better IR laser and a visible red laser

M68 - Aimpoint CompM4 newest version of the m68     with adjustable dot size and brightness like in irl

SU-231/PEQ -    eotech 553  

ACOG -    the RCO M4/A4 model with the right reticule and doesn't obscure your vision

Surefire- visible white /ir lights

Suppressors-  that can be mounted of all  5.56 and 7.62 weapons  with realistic sounds

vertical fore grips -   i don't need to explain this.  more than half of the soldiers in my unit  have them on there m4s

and is there any where  weapons  can  be slung differently on  soldiers in game.  Te current  system was passable for  opf  bc of the time period  but  most troops  use   2 ,3 , and  single point slings  and the weapon doesn't magically stay in place like it does in arma   this goes for the at4 as well

My modest wish list:

S&W Revolver

Steyr AUG

FN FAL

Skorpion

AK-47

M21

Some sort of shotgun

An older rifle for novelty value, such as Winchester or Mosin Nagant

I dunno I read the press kit Pdf's from games convention and im pretty happy with what we gonna get. smile_o.gif

Rpd's and M-14's and M-4's and Ak-variants and such. smile_o.gif

I dunno Im just happy with what I'll get and i know that the rest will show up sooner or later in a patch or as community content wink_o.gif

Lightsaber

For what faction? smile_o.gif

Lightsaber

Star Wars was made by Americans.

Lightsaber

yeah but it was also used by the rebels.

Lightsaber

yeah but it was also used by the rebels.

Lol! some meele weapons would be cool for cutscenes or for playing around but I think they would be most useful in Multiplayer than singleplayer biggrin_o.gif

Man i remember the Jason vorhees addon for ofp resistance and the custom sound fx made me shit my pants a little tounge2.gif

Was pretty cool to walk around and suddenly hear the chainsaw sound get activated and thin what is going on? And then get rushed by Jason and that he took 5 shots to kill but he just needed 1 saw with his meele weapon to take down

biggrin_o.gif

I am so going to make a melee deathmatch if there is an option for close combat. But most important of all, bring the S&W back!

@DWillyEfect

while your list is impressive, it is just as unrealistic. You cannot ask from any game developers to make so many weapons, just because someone posted that.

I know it is a wishlist, but half of those weapons are not used by the factions depicted in the game anyways...

To give you some examples:

REC 7 - not in use by military(rus or us), very similar to M4

XM8 - it never went past the testing phase, and it was never massively produced, and prly never will

HK416/7 - not a USMC weapon, used only by some SF groups, limited anyways.

AK 107 - not really a weapon available to normal military personnel. AK 101 is more common anyways

Bushmaster M17 - not available for USMC or any other normal military personnel. Rarely seen

FN F2000 - same as above

FN FNC - same as above. Might be a rebel weapon of choice, although i doubt it...

XCR - not available for USMC or any other normal military personnel. Rarely seen

ACR - same as above. It is not even under production!

FN (s)CAR - not available for USMC or any other normal military personnel. Some SF groups usage only

SR-15/16 - too similar to the M4 for anyone to give a real s***. Not wildly used

I could keep on with the list, but there is no point. What i want to say is that if any of the arma2 moders would have a weapon fetish and would ever want to put those in the game, they would, but for wishing such a thing (again, i know this is wishlist, but i guess everyone should stay realistic) from a game developer, it's a bit much. Some of the above mentioned weapons have already been modded for arma (currently public released or not), but they will prly see the light in arma2 as well.

USMC "makes do", and a arma2 should stay true to this, and add more weapons for the rebel and local military factions, but the ones that such organizations should use, and not all the hi-tech gimmicks you can find being "cool":

*M16/M4s with all the accessories available to normal and SF troops.

*M240 - as above

*M249 - as above

*m24/m40 - as above

*m110 - already in the process of replacing the m24

*M117

*AK74/AKM74 - as above

*PKMs - as above

*AK47 - still the most used weapon in the world

*RPD

*SVD Dragunov

And some other weapons that could be commonly seen for the other military organizations available in the game.

- I didn't go into AT launchers, AA launchers and sidearms on purpose

Just my 2 cents

You have to draw a line somewhere between realism and fun, not every weapon has to be standard US Marine issue.

Only have 1-2 assault rifles and 1-2 of each class for each faction would create boring and repetitive gameplay. Add more variety.

Just about all of the weapons I listed are in service somewhere.

Besides, the game says there will be 73 weapons, I'm just throwing some out there. Not all of them have to be in, but some of them would be cool, just to break the monotony that you seem to be in favor of.

I think ak-74m is ak-101, but lets just call it ak-101 because thats what they use now. Anyway, we need the modern russian weapons too.

*AK-101* - A must for realism (74 round)

*AK-103* - A must for realism (47 round)

AK-102 - This one is kind of random but cool! : D

AK-104 - These arn't as important but top priority for side variants (103 but small and portable fold)

AK-105 - These arn't as important but top priority for side variants (101 but small and portable fold)

AK-107 - Grenade launcher variant

AK-108 - Grenade launcher variant

Been scanning the screens. Might be a ak-74m already in there.

AK-101

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/RUS_AK-101.jpg

AK-74m

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Ak74m_91.jpg

Super slight cosmetic detail (look above the mag and before the fire control).

I think BIS might have done this on purpose for the story, as the Russian Federation has not updated all their soldiers and exports yet. Anyway, it's not to much of a problem because they are almost exactly the same. Both very sexy weapons.

My list of weapons:

-Weapons already known to be ingame

-G36 (possibly just the ArmA one ported over)

I'd say BI has the arsenal mostly covered by now, but I would just suggest the following.

SKS rifles for the resistance faction.

An M1014 shotgun (Benelli M4 Super 90) for the Marines.

Kord machineguns mounted on Russian vehicles (T-90 for example), and perhaps a static bipod/tripod version.

To clarify anyone's wishes, these are the weapons that have so far been shown in game, as far as I know:

East

AKM/AKMS

AK-74/AKS-74

AK-107

Bizon

RPK

PKM

VSS Vintorez

SVD Dragunov

RPG-7

SA-18 Gimlet

West

M1911 pistol

M4A1 (various versions)

M16A4

M14 DMR

M249 SAW

M240G

Mk. 48 Mod 0

Civilian

CZ 550 hunting rifle

There are probably many variations on the basic weapons too, such as grenade launchers, sights, etc. As far as wishes, I hope that the Russian Spetznaz have similar 'unique' weapons like the USMC Razor Team such as the SV-98 and Pecheneg MG.

To clarify anyone's wishes, these are the weapons that have so far been shown in game, as far as I know:

East

AKM/AKMS

AK-74/AKS-74

AK-107

Bizon

RPK

PKM

VSS Vintorez

SVD Dragunov

RPG-7

SA-18 Gimlet

West

M1911 pistol

M4A1 (various versions)

M16A4

M14 DMR

M249 SAW

M240G

Mk. 48 Mod 0

Civilian

CZ 550 hunting rifle

There are probably many variations on the basic weapons too, such as grenade launchers, sights, etc. As far as wishes, I hope that the Russian Spetznaz have similar 'unique' weapons like the USMC Razor Team such as the SV-98 and Pecheneg MG.

ak-74's are modern editions. So ak-74m, which means they are black and more accurate than the old ones. AK-101 are basicaly the same except for some random tiny cosmetic difference.

I want a knife. A single knive that really works. I'm waiting for this for aaaaaages since I really, really want to start some middle-age-themed mod ^^

I think in a game like arma a knife would just not fit..

Bu then again, having it defined in the configs for ppl like yourself trying to do smth different with arma's engine...well,tbh, i don't think they'll bother too much just for such an occasion. A bit OT, but how about a config for a horse? wink_o.gif

k@voven for swordplay ArmA2 will need new & different animations. Even for using K-Bar, Fairbairn-Sykes or other fighting knives you will need different and smooth animations. On the other hand why are you thinking that ArmA2 could be a nice game/platform for medieval warfare? Imho other games which have medieval content by design are better and easier for modding such stuff. wink_o.gif

Although I'm not strictly against knives or bayonets or even fist combat for that matter, I have to say they produce some of the silliest gameplay ever to come out of shooters perhaps only second to bunnyhopping.

Think battlefield knife battles.