Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Naah im a console gamer and i woulde love in on the console although im am playing it right now on pc.
Yeah, but I mean console exclusive gamers, it seems the majority of them prefer quick, fast, shallow and simple games that don't require much thought or waiting around. Ofcourse, there are the select few, but why spend all that money porting over a game for a few people?

Yeah, but I mean console exclusive gamers, it seems the majority of them prefer quick, fast, shallow and simple games that don't require much thought or waiting around. Ofcourse, there are the select few, but why spend all that money porting over a game for a few people?
To show off your product?

Perhaps some devs are proud of their product and like to share (by exchanging some money) their product to the world.

Of course when it comes to CASH well ... But if it is ONLY CASH they are after they sure take a very long and winding route.

CASH is important, yes, to actually make a living, but besides that i think honor of your 'work' is damned important too. I don't blame BIS for not going console, but don't tell 'we have a fab game' without showing off. Then it is better to say 'We are NOT INTERESTED in consoles' ... that would be clear and honest!

-- Max

To show off your product?
Again, the general console player wouldn't be too impressed by ArmA 2. I've shown some Console gamers some awesome videos of ArmA 2 yet they still just say it's another generic shooter :j:

It's because no one has given us anything else. Thats why DR sold well on consoles and will stay there longer than on PC because no other game can have all these 'amazing' features... As far as they know.

What has this got to do with the topic? ***icon_rolleyes.gif

Why does every question about a console have a poster going on why the PC is better?

whistle.gif

How about we keep this one ontopic.

As someone who's been on the Modern Warfare 2 forums, you have my sympathy - the situation over there is the reverse of the one you guys are facing, in that the PC version has been released, but is crippled compared to CoD4 (we think they rushed it out), but we've had XBOX guys coming in and causing trouble where they're not wanted, so I feel your pain guys.

Personally, I hate the whole computer gaming divide... but there are some on both sides who like to cause trouble and I think it hurts all of us in the long term.

I hope they manage something for you guys, but 512Mb of RAM is a bit small to try to fit anything like the size of the PC version into, but I hope for you guys, they manage something decent all the same. Maybe they'll be cutting the maps up into small chunks for you guys to make it easier, who knows?

Again, the general console player wouldn't be too impressed by ArmA 2. I've shown some Console gamers some awesome videos of ArmA 2 yet they still just say it's another generic shooter :j:
If that is the case, just call it off, 'We wont do a console version of ArmA2' and get it over with.

If that is the case, just call it off, 'We wont do a console version of ArmA2' and get it over with.

BOHEMIA do you see there is a market for you on consoles. Yes it will not be the numbers like COD but a good market share will play this type of game.

Now that CODEMASTERS has opened the game to new players and will make a second game next year it's your trun and we all know that you will win out because what you bring to the table with ARMA games.

Just let us know if you still want to make this happen it's only right.

I don't own a Xbox360 or PS3 (at the moment...) but I believe BIS could make some sort of Arma port for consoles where you play as a grunt or specop and you have a few soldiers under command (4, max - there're people struggling to order 11 soldiers with a keyboard and mouse, imagine them with a controller...).

You know what would be sweet? Arma and ProjectNatal. Imagine choosing and ordering your soldiers around just with hand signals and voice commands. It'd create an incredible battlefield experience

I don't own a Xbox360 or PS3 (at the moment...) but I believe BIS could make some sort of Arma port for consoles where you play as a grunt or specop and you have a few soldiers under command (4, max - there're people struggling to order 11 soldiers with a keyboard and mouse, imagine them with a controller...).

You know what would be sweet? Arma and ProjectNatal. Imagine choosing and ordering your soldiers around just with hand signals and voice commands. It'd create an incredible battlefield experience

I hate people that have no clue what they are saying like you.

I had no problem ordering 11 soldiers around with the ELITE and with some of the PC port mission I had up to 18 soldiers under my command. So please STOP your BS and go away.

Dude, chill out, he was just making a comment, no need to explode at him.

Could it be that Bohemia are waiting until after the expansion so consoles get that along with it? If that's not what they are doing I think it may have been quietly dropped. I hope they come and look at this thread because OFP:DR is a pathetic game in comparison. I normally buy things for my PC but I'm afraid it's not been up to scratch lately and can barely run it on lowest quality

on the sales side i believe it would do well if it could be pulled off..i think consoles would be better off hoping for operation arrowhead, desert eliminates grass which is a massive problem for consoles...

almost everyone thats in the military that owns a 360 would probably buy it and im sure it would definately outsell DR by a long shot...i could see it turning a nice profit and by the size of bis a good chunk of change should let them push some new products above and beyond...i dont see that company turning profit hungry and deviating so more money to them in my eyes could go much further than with other companies

I had no problem ordering 11 soldiers around with the ELITE and with some of the PC port mission I had up to 18 soldiers under my command. So please STOP your BS and go away.

Calm down man, and just 'cause you can dosn't mean everyone can.

Calm down man, and just 'cause you can dosn't mean everyone can.

i can but i took me a while to be able to control the AI and get them to do just what i want ...

BIS need to make a game for console , QA would be great , even if they made a game just for consoles with one island of 40km sq , i also think there would be a hardcore following that would buy extra islands as DLC every few months of so , QA on the xbox 360 would sell over 500000 copies easy, plus with the sales of DLC which the hardcore following would buy and thats a hardcore following of 50000 to 75000,with them buying 3 DLC map packs a year which contain islands and other extras at a fair price, this would bring in some extra revenue and make the xbox 360 version of the game more then worth while, and even like most game companys having the DLC made already so as not to incur more costs , no cds , game cases or transportation , DLC is the way to go ...

hi all! new to the forums but have been browsing them for a while now have been enjoying ARMA 2 but i also enjoy playing on the xbox 360 sure most 360 games are action movie style shooters like Halo and cod4 and many of the console players only like these fast paced games, but there are a good many who would enjoy an ARMA 2 style game on the 360 infact many bought the codemasters game dragon rising and yes it does not deserve the name flashpoint in front of it! many console gamers myself included were dissapointed by this game but at least i am lucky i can play ARMA 2 on my pc:) most console gamers are not so lucky, one guy i work with bought the codemasters game he saw the name flashpoint and he asumed it was going to be like the game he had first enjoyed many years ago on the pc! of course this was not to be i told him about Arma 2 the true sequal but he can no longer afford to invest in a pc to play games and this is true of many console gamers so i would like to make an appeal on behalf of console gamers bis if you have the time bring some type of Arma 2 type game to console it will sell and will make gamers very happy:)

do it up just like elite but with new graphics...doesnt even have to be arma2, could be named whatever...just a bis milsim on console would be an instant hit

No man, you understood me wrong (or probably I didn't expressed well my opinion).

What I meant is there're some new players (not OFP/Arma veterans) that struggle to order their soldiers around (there're lots of n00b questions in these forums regarding this).

And for a console, there's a high chance of the majority of players being complete OFP/Arma n00bs.

You hadn't any problem ordering 18 soldiers with a controller. I wouldn't either. But n00bs would.

No man, you understood me wrong (or probably I didn't expressed well my opinion).

What I meant is there're some new players (not OFP/Arma veterans) that struggle to order their soldiers around (there're lots of n00b questions in these forums regarding this).

And for a console, there's a high chance of the majority of players being complete OFP/Arma n00bs.

You hadn't any problem ordering 18 soldiers with a controller. I wouldn't either. But n00bs would.

NOOBS or new players as i would call them , need to be trained in the art of playing this game , this game is not only for veterans but anybody who wishes to play , plus if i was playing i coop game i would love more players who listened , when playing this game there is only one leader , and on some coop mission you had two leaders with the elite Pc edits .. a good leader should also be able to share his knowledge ...

its old promo vid and the only info was the game was due in early 2009 if it does exist.

They do have a somewhat working version for the 360. The question is can they get it to work right with all the bugs out (Now we see that MS lets a game be relased with bugs ie OFPDR) and with a good FPS rate. They may hold out to just port over ARMA2-OA it may work better and with less bugs then ARMA2. Just wait I know it hard and we will see. BOHEMIA has a plan for the consoles.

BOHEMIA has a plan for the consoles.

Where?

Have they said anything about a PS3 version yet or is it just about the 360?

Where?

Have they said anything about a PS3 version yet or is it just about the 360?

Sorry to say but they never gave a hint or showed anything about PS3. We the 360 community are still waiting to hear from them about the plan or new plan only time will tell.

Take a look at this screenshot:

Nice catch, didn't notice that. So arma 2 for Xbox... is let's say compromise.