Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG_181

General suggestions.

There are 2 things i want in ArmA II

which i have been missing.

1st. A command that returns who you have a lock on "the red eye"

2nd. 2 new actions instead of toggeling Autohover on/off. one for on and one for off.

And one more thing. the eventhandler fired. should return who really fired the weapon. not the commander in the vehicle..

I don't know if anyone has said this before, but BI should really consider decreasing the size and/or transperancy of the hud, maybe even removing it until you press a "check" button that tells you roughly what physical state you are in and how much ammo you have. It really annoyed me when you would be walking along at night or something and you would be being assaulted by this big troop selection bar down the bottom. Perhaps make things like that only appear when in use, for example, you press one of the "F" keys and it brings up the selector. It would help the immersion, I know you can't really completely remove it, but to diminish it's "I'm staring you in the face" ... ah ... "-ness" would really help.

Here are a few more suggestions that I might have already made in the OP but I can't remember.

Weapons:

The weapons don't function as realistically as I'd like them. First of all, there's the lack of reload animations for each individual weapon, all using one of three animations (Pistol, Rifle, Shoulder-mounted). Speaking of reloading, that's not very realistic either. When the weapon is reloaded, a new magazine will put in 30 rounds, for example, not taking into account the round which remains in the chamber.

Ragdoll physics, or even the Euphoria engine should be included in ArmA 2. I was severely disappointed to see guys just fall to the floor in a pre-determined manner in ArmA, so I hope this is fixed.

As for ragdol, I think a mixture of animations and ragdol is needed. An example of this working perfectly is Mount and Blade. When the soldier dies, the animation takes over for a short amount of time, carrying the model into the ragdol phase. It combines the smoothness of ragdols with the realism of animations, bam, epic death ... ah, -ism.

I was severely disappointed to see guys just fall to the floor in a pre-determined manner in ArmA, so I hope this is fixed.

I agree with the bullet in the chamber part, but this really caught my eye too. What I react most on is that I find the death animations in OFP being better than in ArmA. I'm still not for ragdolls due to the sync-problems though ^^

It would be awesome if it were possible to model tunnels and foxholes, i.e. override the terrain with an object.

1. I totally agree with the binoculars request - it's a shame BIS has never even made an attempt to solve the issue. Plus AI should not be using binos at all - this function should only be resrved to human player's abilities! I was always wondered since OFP what the hell are the AIs looking at or seeing there when they bring the binos up!!! It's especially ridiculous when an AI pulls the binos in the middle of open area, standing upright underfire. It's defininately one the most dispensible useless cosmetics in the game.

2. Will the Russians still be speaking english in the game? ECS mod is a great depature/reference point in this respect.

3. I don't know if you guys ever saw this clip of a tank being hit by an AT missile and what happens after:

Tank being hit by AT

MadMatt effects mod is a great reference point too when it comes to vehicle destruction.

Plus I also believe something should be done with plane destruction. BIS should at least make some sort of "blowing into several parts" animation - upon destruction, explosion the plane model is replaced thru spawning of 3-4 separate plane parts geometries. All these effects do not require changes to the existing engine. Just the willingness to listen to the game's fans. If modders can do it BIS can too.

4. Toggling you firing mode in rifles and LMGs should be separated from cycling thru the selection of one's grenades and underbarrel grenade launcher. It's really a poor design choice when one is made to go from auto to semi-auto thru his selection of grenades, smoke grenades, flares and underbarrel grenade launcher. In RL a person just flips the firemode switch back and forth and doesn't have to go thru his grenade pouch smile_o.gif to switch to auto or semi-auto.

BIS invested quite a bit of time into so many new vehicles; I hope they spent enough time on the game's playability aspects. Leave the modeling to modders - develop the core functionalities, please! - such as animations, physics, character/game controls.

I'd like to see a cloud system like that of Microsoft Flight Simulator and the ability to rest your gun on walls for better accuracy like red orchestra especially the guns like m249 SAW with the Bipod. In ArmA, it seems the Bipod dont support the gun at all, they just sink. LOL

Here's an easily implemented suggestion: make it possible for players to control rabbits, boars and other creatures. It would make hunting (or animal vs. animal) missions very interesting.  thumbs-up.gif

I would also like to see weapon scopes to be very realistic, like the javelin, like Codemasters is doing now in OFP2. I would also like to see the damage model to be as realistic as possible. For example when you fire a hellfire missile at a tank, the tank immediately becomes like coal, I think this is very unrealistic, it should take sometime before the vehicle becomes like a coal.

Yes, I completly subscribe and agree and I also wish that BIS implement realistic scopes/sights not only to Javelins but also in helicopters (specially gunships), fixed wing aircraft and Tanks/armored vehicles.

An option in main menu (named:MODS) a list to see what addons&mods are running and option to enable/disable them.

Yes, I completly subscribe and agree and I also wish that BIS implement realistic scopes/sights not only to Javelins but also in helicopters (specially gunships), fixed wing aircraft and Tanks/armored vehicles.

this has been said over and over by lots of people but i doubt BI are going to do anything about it. "other things are more important" as they say. whistle.gif

More of a wish list:

- Add fly-by view (THAT would be GREAT).

- Statistics after every mission (and editor preview) including number of ppl killed, tanks/planes destroyed etc. Could be detailed like ; killed 2 machine gunners, 4 riflemen, 1 deer, 1 dog, 5 sheep. In addition; fired rounds, hit ratio etc.

- Include the VBS2 "After-Action Review (AAR)". Just saw a clip on Youtube, and it's awesome.

- An option in settings to "record/buffer" last minute (or so) of gameplay, and the ability to spawn camera while playing single player (option to rewind/forward within that minute) . Wow, what movies I could make.

Hi, i'll like to see added updated and modern vehicles; with their

current upgrade kits and all that, for example the MI-8 MTV a.k.a.

MI-17. I'll like to see the CAS & UH versions with those front crew

shields and that those shields have an effect in game; but at least...

see the damn shields for the pilot and rio. Like this ones:

Russian MI-8 MTV.

Russian MI-8 MTV.

If we gonna fight the russians... their stuff should use the NATO

designation too for their equipment; the MI-17 it's the export

version of the MI-8, that the Czech Rep. has bough among other

countrys.

I'll also like to see the choppers and tanks with the full crew; no

more UH-60 armed with rockets with a single pilot. Or M1A1's

without a loader. Unless the KA-50... all the choppers that i know

have a pilot and a copilot/rio, add it please. Let's C ya