Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

I have a no addon version of DoomGuys Waco 1.1.9 if anyone's interested in me uploading it. Personally i like it because it's more infantry and light vehicles instead of heavy armor killing the game off at the start. Ask DoomGuy for a list of changes as he created 1.1.9, i just removed the addon dependency! ;)

Or just download his version and give it a try! :)

Sounds like a "vanilla" WACO, right?

I'd love to try that.

Sounds like a "vanilla" WACO, right?

I'd love to try that.

Same that kenoxite,

the last infantery WACO without addons dependancy must be very interesting.

Thx in advance if you upload your version.

Have a nice day.

Well I would recommend everyone to just install ACE 1.09 and play with that, but some of you stubborn addon-fearing folk might just like Law-Giver's version ;-)

Anyway, here's the list of changes since Warface/WACO 1.1.8. Some of the changes are specific to the ACE version, but hey, just to give you an idea of what you are missing out on ;-)

Changes specifically for Warface Infantry (v1.1.9)

- BLUFOR: 101st Airborne

OPFOR: VDV Airborne

GUER: Insurgents + Iraqi's

- More expensive APC's. Very expensive and few tanks. No attack

choppers. Cheaper air factory and relatively cheaper

transport/light attack choppers. AI teams changed to use more

infantry.

Changes since WACO v1.1.8

-------------------------

- Prevented unstucking of units when on defend base mission (static

weapons).

- Binoculars are now excluded from AI soldier default config (can

still be bought later) because AI uses binos in an annoying way.

- Weapon/ammo pricing rebalance.

- Soldier prices based on loadouts.

- Team members board vehicles that are farther away.

- Prevented combatmode and behaviour setting every update. Squad

leaders are again able to board in vehicle cargo and as commander.

- Resistance teams share target information while their comm. tower

is alive.

- Dead units are no longer targetted.

- Improved target sharing and allocation between teams. RACS vehicles

are now also targetted.

- New system for vehicle repair/rearm/refuel team vehicles can be

"serviced" (full repair, rearm refuel) when they are near an

appropriate factory. light vehicles can be serviced at light

factory, heavy at heavy, etc. service costs are dependent on

vehicle damage, fuel level and vehicle type....

- Some small fixes for the gear menu: equipment like binos, nv

goggles and laser markers could not be packed. in pack mode the

cost of items in the rucksack and the secondary weapon did not

show.

- Re-arranged HK416,417 and SCAR variants.

- Fix for player not being squad leader sometimes after respawn.

- Fast travel to base destination further away from HQ and safer placement.

- When AI constructs HQ all vehicles close to the site are moved further out.

- Soldiers should no longer spawn at town depot after purchases from barracks using radio.

- Script now picks up all radios under basic east and west radio types.

- AI Teams can now safely be disabled upon mission start (in lobby).

- Fix for stuck team AI after player left game on dedicated server.

- Unit additions:

WEST: Added more USSF LSRD units, and better AI team composition.

EAST: Replaced SpetzNatz by VDV Recon units, AI team also uses BMD-1p.

- Fixed problem where sidearm ammo cost was not counted.

- Included cost of items in their tooltips.

- Improved AI embarking behavior. AI will issue fewer orders causing less confusion.

- AI teams no longer go in stag. column formation near small towns.

- AI teams disembark further away from known enemies.

- AI targets hostile units and structures more consistently.

- Better AI out of formation handling.

- Moved equipment (bino, nv, laser and parachute pack) to misc section in gear menu.

- Sorted out hinds: Mi24D $7000, Mi24P & Mi24V $9000. AI uses D and V variants.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Curses, it turns out a stupid mistake was made by me while uploading Warface Infantry 1.1.9. It was not the latest version after all. Re-uploaded to DevHeaven now...here.

Sorry Law-Giver and others!

Doomguy out.

Edited by Doomguy

Hi, Doomguy. It's not like we don't like WACO/Warface or ACE, anyway. Just to clarify, even if it seems you're more amused than annoyed.

But it's that seeing that Law-Giver has already done that conversion and that he's (probably) willing to share it, hey, why not? It'd be perfect for my next session with a pretty much casual gamer buddy, where the spiked fist of ACE can be a bit painful with all that ultrarealism and gazillion weapons.

But let me just stress that I love your mission. I went ahead to answer Law and didn't actually praise you as you deserve. That was a bit unpolite, sorry :)

Anyway, great to have the real 1.19!

Curses, it turns out a stupid mistake was made by me while uploading Warface Infantry 1.1.9. It was not the latest version after all. Re-uploaded to DevHeaven now...here.

Sorry Law-Giver and others!

Doomguy out.

LMAO Doomguy, guess i'll be busy tomorrow making another version. Of course i agree with Doomguy. Download ACE and play it the way it was meant to be played, and play mine if you don't. Either way they're both Doomguys, i've just removed the addon dependency! I'll upload after i've played Doomguys latest version.

Thx again Doomguy for not giving up on ArmA. ;)

I'm pleasantly surprised people are still interested in old ArmA 1 missions.

And to be clear on my end: I fully endorse all editing efforts of my work, which is itself also an edit of the work of BI and many others.

Doomguy

I'm pleasantly surprised people are still interested in old ArmA 1 missions.

And to be clear on my end: I fully endorse all editing efforts of my work, which is itself also an edit of the work of BI and many others.

Doomguy

That's exactly why i love you.......COUGH!!!!! :D

I have ArmA2 OA & BAF & PMC but i still love to play ArmA. And all i play is your Warfare and cRCTI that i edited for personal use. My 2 boys like playing Doomguys Warfare. I might put Ace back on and see how it's meant to be played. Just to keep you sweet. ;)

Seriously Doomguy, i appreciate all the time and effort, and the improvements /additions and fixes you add to make Doomguys Warfare what it is. Bl**dy addictive. ;)

Will upload my latest version based on DoomGuys 1.1.9 bar a few amendments. Here's a list of everything i've done since my first version that's added on top of DoomGuys version. If anyones interested that it.

- Removed all ACE addons.

- Added 'Graphics' GUI. Player can set view distance + & - (100m increments).

- Added 'Graphics' GUI. Headbug fix button. Warfare - BEA

- Added ability to remove defences by striking 'Delete' Button on your keyboard. Warfare - BEA *Needs Fixing*

- Added build ammocrate.

- Added build minefield.

- Added Spotlight.

- Removed AA.

- Changed the radio icon. Now looks like a radio.

- Added near explosion sound.

- Added 'Rommels Configuration ActiveText'. View Distance & terrain Grid.

- Added random distant explosion sound effect.

- Added latest SPON Map.

- Fixed the radio tower markers etc. Oops!!!

- Added start intro sound. Can't remember where i pinched it from. Thanks anyway!

- Changed wire defences round Med' tents to Hesco Wall. They were disappearing on town capture!

- Added new islands IC Alameda & IC Barbuda.

- Created Waco_Warfare_LG addon version & separate MP files.

- Added Ai Markers as requested by Siglar. :-)

- Removed Mando Hitch.

- Added set terrain GUI.

- Added view distance GUI.

- Added Dr.Eyeballs team status.

- Added in game hints & tips.

- Added: Boat 'Push' function. Warfare - BEA

- Added: Cargo Ejection (based of cr), for cargo choppers. Warfare - BEA

- Modified: Unflip button now unflip nearby vehicles too, you don't have to be in a vehicle to use it. Warfare - BEA

- Added: Vehicles bought by player spawned locked, player can lock/unlock them indefinetly. Warfare - BEA

I think that's it. Having a beer at the moment! ;)

Sounds great. Can't wait to play it.

And enjoy your beer!

Sounds great. Can't wait to play it.

And enjoy your beer!

Sod it, here's a link. Any prob's let me know. Now i'm having a beer! ;)

http://www.2shared.com/file/tnu7O_85/Warfare_Waco_LG_No_Hints.html

Oh, it's an addon version, not an MPMission file. There are five island variations. :D

Edited by Law-Giver

Sod it, here's a link. Any prob's let me know. Now i'm having a beer! ;)

http://www.2shared.com/file/K9uvwItL/Waco_Warfare_LG.html

Oh, it's an addon version, not an MPMission file. There are five island variations. :D

Good stuff. I like the improvements since your last version.

Just a couple things:

- The hints, while nice and helpful for beginners, get a bit annoying after a while. It'd be better if you could switch them off using either an action command or those nifty buttons you've inserted in the T menu screen, or maybe limiting the messages to 5 or so. Perhaps also having them in the Help section of that area if you decide to do all this, so anybody can check them there whenever they like.

- The view distance settings via action menu and the plus/minus buttons in the T screen don't syncronize. While the viewing distance is correctly set using either both, when you use the blue buttons the distance listed is actually the default not the one you set (or what seems to be the default, around 2000m or so).

- Probably this is asking too much, but could be possible to merge the Terrain and View action commands together? Just to avoid the usual action menu clutter. Maybe using a submenu system, like:

>> Visual Settings

> View Distance

> Terrain Detail

Apart from that, all is good. It's nice to have a "clean" waco version for our custom modding or vanilla pleasure.

Thanks a lot for sharing it!

Apart from that, all is good. It's nice to have a "clean" waco version for our custom modding or vanilla pleasure.

Thanks a lot for sharing it!

Glad you like it. The reason i removed ACE was because i prefer to use my custom replacement configs, one for Desert and one for Woodland depending on the islands i play, plus i modify addon configs for personal use. As for the view distance i will remove one or the other or both. I'm sure someone made an addon version. If i find it i'll add it in the new upload and remove the view distance rubbish all together. I never really used it, only added it for something to do. :rolleyes:

The hints, i was meant to remove them as someone requested on an earlier post, i don't even notice them after a couple of minutes. Years of practice ignoring the missus. :D

Will upload in a couple of days, got work this weekend! :(

Again credit to DoomGuy, it's his work, i'm just messing it up! ;)

As for the view distance i will remove one or the other or both. I'm sure someone made an addon version. If i find it i'll add it in the new upload and remove the view distance rubbish all together. I never really used it, only added it for something to do. :rolleyes:

The hints, i was meant to remove them as someone requested on an earlier post, i don't even notice them after a couple of minutes. Years of practice ignoring the missus. :D

Aww, don't remove the view distance settings. It's one of my favorite features of your edit, and something I'd love to see more commonly among missions, be them warfare or not. But if you want to remove them just toss that action menu out. The blue buttons are perfectly placed there and are absolutely non-obtrusive.

The hints, I could live perfectly fine without them TBH. But they can be helpful, I guess. If you (player) could have some control about how and when they're displayed they'd be perfect.

Will upload in a couple of days, got work this weekend! :(

Again credit to DoomGuy, it's his work, i'm just messing it up! ;)

No hurry. Take all the time you need. Even if you change nothing there would be no problem, as my comments were basically about nitpicking a couple small and absolutely not game-breaking things.

And yep, all hail Doomguy :)

Aww, don't remove the view distance settings. It's one of my favorite features of your edit, and something I'd love to see more commonly among missions, be them warfare or not. But if you want to remove them just toss that action menu out. The blue buttons are perfectly placed there and are absolutely non-obtrusive.

The hints, I could live perfectly fine without them TBH. But they can be helpful, I guess. If you (player) could have some control about how and when they're displayed they'd be perfect.

No hurry. Take all the time you need. Even if you change nothing there would be no problem, as my comments were basically about nitpicking a couple small and absolutely not game-breaking things.

And yep, all hail Doomguy :)

It's not nitpicking mate, and besides if you want something removed then that's fine by me. It only takes a minute or two anyway. I'll upload in a few minutes after my breakfast. I've disabled the hints and disabled the view distance and terrain GUI's for the time being, and i've left the blue + & - 100m increments as it's a handy thing to have. Maybe i'll add terrain in the same way.

Oh, and i found the addon i was refering to with view and terrain all in one, and if i remember when you respawn it doesn't display in the list again so it's a one off. It's bisigned as well, not by me. I'll add it anyway, use it or bin it. ;)

Right here's the disabled hints & disabled view distance and terrain gui's version. Added the words "View +" & "View -" to the blue buttons. Looks better for people who didn't know what they were. ;)

Maybe i'll add "Terrain +" & "Terrain -" on the oppposite side with little pink buttons. :D

http://www.2shared.com/file/tnu7O_85/Warfare_Waco_LG_No_Hints.html

Edited by Law-Giver
Link added!

Great. I didn't notice your edit until a couple hours ago.

I like it. Having that addon semi-bundled with your pack is certainly handy. It didn't occur to me to just look for that kind of solution, an addon, instead of hoping that any given mission had those visual tweaking things integrated. That said, having the terrain buttons integrated the same way you did the view distance ones would be a very nice addition.

Oh, and I forgot to ask before. Why does everyone (but crew, pilots, maybe someone else) cost the same 50 dollars? Is it intentional? Some kind of slip? Testing game balance? Just curious.

Edited by kenoxite

Oh, and I forgot to ask before. Why does everyone (but crew, pilots, maybe someone else) cost the same 50 dollars? Is it intentional? Some kind of slip? Testing game balance? Just curious.

After looking at it quickly this morning it looks as though this was intentional as Doomguy in his latest update is focusing on infantry which makes sense in keeping the cost of the soldiers down. So instead of reverting it i'm going to leave it as it is. After all it's the hardware that should be expensive. :D

And personally i prefer what Doomguy has done as it's making the game much more fun instead of an overflow of tanks and other heavy armor. And the choppers picking up soldiers and dropping them off with an AH6 in support is pretty cool to watch. Obviously you could buy sh*t loads of tanks but for me i prefer soldier on soldier. Sounds a bit gay that! LMAO!!!! :D

UPDATE:

After firing up Doomguys ACE version i can see that my prices aren't the same. I have two WACO edits 1.1.8.5 which i uploaded and another 1.1.9.0 which has more of Doomguys updates and it's the uploaded one which has the wrong prices and my newer one which i never uploaded has the correct prices as in Doomguys latest. My bad! I might upload it later on today after i've tidied it up and pbo'd it. Got to got to bed as i'm in work again tonight. :(

Edited by Law-Giver
Update post!

Heh, no problem, mate. Take your time.

Got another version coming out soon 1.1.9.0. Just waiting for my Warfare Master (Doomguy) to get back to me on a small problem that is bugging me and annoying Siglar. It's not game breaking, just odd.

- Merged a few more of Doomguys 1.9.0 script updates.

- Added ability to remove defences (Purchased Hesco walls) by striking 'Delete' Button on your keyboard. Warfare - BEA *Working*

- Fixed fast travel from Dolores to Iguana. *Noticed while playing the other day.*

If i get fed up with doing the D.I.Y i may add more islands. Also with the delete thing above i might add delete to the remaining buildable items at the camps and main bunker. It's handy in case you build it and you build it on uneven ground and cant line the gun up as in the MG nest. Done that a few times. ;)

If anyone wants Mando hitch added , let me know. I removed it a while back but will re add it if requested. :D

Edited by Law-Giver
Additional text!

Good to hear! Those new features look really interesting.

Also, now that you're into it, could you look into this little problem?

It seems there's a conflict having SPON Map buit-in your missions and also using Group Link 3. When they both are used together GL3 just go bonkers (config screen shows all enabled and sliders at 0). This is a problem I had to pinpoint myself a while ago with my custom mod pack, so I know it's SPON Map the culprit (probably some custom eventhandling going on), and so far only affects your warfare versions. The annoying thing here is that changing the loading order doesn't seem to solve it (and I've tried all possible combinations). On the other hand, ACE version doesn't conflict whatsoever, although they seem to have tweaked their SPON Map version to avoid all this, so maybe it'd be possible to remove the conflict.

That said, if you don't want or don't have time to look into this then no problem. I'll just strip SPON Map myself once you release it (I rather have GL3 working than the new map). But I thought you might be interested in knowing about this little issue.

Good to hear! Those new features look really interesting.

Also, now that you're into it, could you look into this little problem?

It seems there's a conflict having SPON Map buit-in your missions and also using Group Link 3. When they both are used together GL3 just go bonkers (config screen shows all enabled and sliders at 0).

That said, if you don't want or don't have time to look into this then no problem. I'll just strip SPON Map myself once you release it (I rather have GL3 working than the new map). But I thought you might be interested in knowing about this little issue.

Easy fix like you said, just remove SPON Map, compared to Doomguys i updated SPON Map to the latest version as i was getting errors when selecting various map tools. But saying that i don't use it myself nor do i use GL3 as i found the ai disembarking vehicles for no reason. I use ECS and a chopped down 24mb version of SLX. The ai are much more fun to play against, and the effects from both ECS and SLX are very cool. Plus i have sh*t loads of Replacement configs that i've edited. I get bored. :D

If i forget or don't remove SPON Map feel free to edit as you please. ;)

I also use some bits of SLX (wounding/dragging) and was using ECS, but I found GL3 AI to be more competent. I was in fact using them both together for a while but it proved to be a bit foolish, as the latest version of GL3 already had most of the stuff ECS was doing (fx, ambient sounds, DSAI, etc) and the AI features where mostly the same. No radio chatter, though.

About the disembark problem, did you try to uncomment the GL3 Crew variable? So far it seems to work for me. Infantry disembark when closing to objective and drivers/gunners stay in their 50Cal trucks/strykers/m113, leading the formation. They're in fact way more effective than my squad, to my own embarrassment.

My crew settins are just the default uncommented:

// GL3 Crew:

// Define Crew Members which should not eject from a Helicopters or APCs after reaching the conflict point.

GL3_Server set [64, (GL3_Server select 64) + ["SoldierECrew","SoldierWCrew","SoldierGCrew","SoldierEPilot","SoldierWPilot","SoldierGPilot"] ];

but if you use custom units for crew or pilots you should add them to that array.

I also use some bits of SLX (wounding/dragging) and was using ECS, but I found GL3 AI to be more competent. I was in fact using them both together for a while but it proved to be a bit foolish, as the latest version of GL3 already had most of the stuff ECS was doing (fx, ambient sounds, DSAI, etc) and the AI features where mostly the same. No radio chatter, though.

About the disembark problem, did you try to uncomment the GL3 Crew variable? So far it seems to work for me. Infantry disembark when closing to objective and drivers/gunners stay in their 50Cal trucks/strykers/m113, leading the formation. They're in fact way more effective than my squad, to my own embarrassment.

My crew settins are just the default uncommented:

but if you use custom units for crew or pilots you should add them to that array.

I might try that mate, if i remember it was when i was playing warfare and using GL3 i would find abandoned vehicles everywhere. It was kinda spooky. :D.

But anyway, i have sh*t loads of D.I.Y this week as the missus has pulled me away from the computer. :(

I guess orders are order......LOL!!!!!!