Sign in to follow this  
169th_Ice

Cheat / Hack Awareness Thread

Yesterday I was playing Arma on my Server (169th Panthers High Performance Server 100MB) and bought a Harrier which to my amazement had 600 GBU's and 600 TOW missiles. What sort of hack or Mod could do this?

I am blocking this list of mods:

Blocked Mods:

XAM all of them

SLX Mod

ECS Mod

Compact Fix for ArmA

Fight For Nogova (FFN) Mod

Morsa's Any Gear by 5133p39

PROPER World mod

PROPER World

Xtra Mods

GDT ModHelicopter

GDT Mod TOW

GDT Mod Hellfire

GDT Mod Satchel

As seen in this thread using Doolittles DAACS

To say it simple:

Every configuration that tries to block mods, will have mods passing by. So switch over to signatures.

hmm whats wrong with GDTmod Helicopters mod ?

i find it lil better than default to handle but it's harder in different way (changed masscenter position) in various manuevre so you need relearn fly

but what i like on it that helps AI to stop do lot of dive by nose crashes ...

anyway the signature option is only way how precisely define what to run on server only and nothing else ...

You have blocked 13 mods which probably are fine mods, how could you believe that would stop hackers ? The mods u have blocked have to my knowledge no hacks build in. What u have done is like having a virus checker that only blocks 13viruses.

Like i0n0s say - only way to go is verifysignatures=1

You wil find that server never crashes by that method too smile_o.gif.

So, no one knows what mod or hack caused this ?

It will be a cheaters Hack, not a innocent mod. Especially not a sound mod lol.. to stop the hackers get DOOAcs.. its very good. thats if you like to use mods on your server that is without the hassle of server signatures

Quote[/b] ]Fight For Nogova (FFN) Mod

Thats a sound mod if im not mistaken :S I fail to see how that would cause anything smile_o.gif even so I dont think its anything to do with any of the mods you've banned so what I recommend you do is get DooAcs if you have not already and make sure its up-to-date etc along with battlye too and you should be fine

It will be a cheaters Hack, not a innocent mod. Especially not a sound mod lol.. to stop the hackers get DOOAcs.. its very good. thats if you like to use mods on your server that is without the hassle of server signatures

Matt/Doc you know for a fact that all 3 anticheat systems and program sigs have long been bypassed.

Look at the YouTube video from T-K-C-'s 2008 World TK contest as latest proof of them defeating all four systems at the same time.

That is a useless attempt to stop cheats. You're only blocking mods. Cheats will get right through. Of course it might be good to block unwanted mods like that too.

Switch to signatures and BattleEye.

Doolittles DAACS can help stop some cheats too. But just adding mods to the block list is only going to block those mods, not cheats.

If you can find cheats then you could work out how to block them. But don't go sharing cheats here. There is a reason why people don't freely discuss them here.

Of course any protection system gets hacked, that's life. That's why you need a good admin to help keep things under control.

Or just organise private games. Those anti-social griefers mostly stick to public games.

Matt/Doc you know for a fact that all 3 anticheat systems and program sigs have long been bypassed.

Look at the YouTube video from T-K-C-'s 2008 World TK contest as latest proof of them defeating all four systems at the same time.

Your wrong, unless it was a server which used all 4 methods at once.

They beat DOOAcs/Server Sig Checks with a Desktop Trainer Hack, but that cant beat BEye.. and to beat BEye they go to a non protected server and use there script hacks. wink_o.gif

Read my post..

I am Usings Doolittles anti cheat system.

Then what do you want to know? None of the addons up there do cheats like you described. So it was something that went in wich wasnt part of the mods you blocked ofcourse. Just have B.eye on and signature check. You should be fine with that.

Read my post..

I am Usings Doolittles anti cheat system.

Are you using battleye also?

a medium-skilled modder can put together his own small addon and call scripts from there. DOACS is just a small plaster. what you actually need is having signature check on. That is the best bet you have. Since my clan uses sig check, we never had any problems. Yes, we still do have DOACS on, but that is not gonna keep things away.

The bad thing about verifysignature=1 things is that you'll need to put all the keys on the server machine, and some addons don't even have those keys (i am still amazed seeing stuff released with signed files really). So you might wanna create your own key, sign them yourself, and use Yoma or alike to get them to ppl.

Quote[/b] ]Fight For Nogova (FFN) Mod

Thats a sound mod if im not mistaken :S I fail to see how that would cause anything smile_o.gif even so I dont think its anything to do with any of the mods you've banned so what I recommend you do is get DooAcs if you have not already and make sure its up-to-date etc along with battlye too and you should be fine

FFN is not a sound mod

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Lt.Chris @ Sep. 17 2008,02:22)

Thats a sound mod if im not mistaken :S I fail to see how that would cause anything even so I dont think its anything to do with any of the mods you've banned so what I recommend you do is get DooAcs if you have not already and make sure its up-to-date etc along with battlye too and you should be fine

FFN is not a sound mod

Yep thats my bad memory once again tounge2.gif

anyway regardless in any case it wont be the problem smile_o.gif

Thats a sound mod if im not mistaken :S I fail to see how that would cause anything  even so I dont think its anything to do with any of the mods you've banned so what I recommend you do is get DooAcs if you have not already and make sure its up-to-date etc along with battlye too and you should be fine

FFN is not a sound mod

Yep thats my bad memory once again  tounge2.gif

anyway regardless in any case it wont be the problem smile_o.gif

Infact it could be, if players are running this mod and the server isnit, could casue crashes etc, as it changes AI patterns and adds things.. etc

Thats a sound mod if im not mistaken :S I fail to see how that would cause anything  even so I dont think its anything to do with any of the mods you've banned so what I recommend you do is get DooAcs if you have not already and make sure its up-to-date etc along with battlye too and you should be fine

FFN is not a sound mod

Yep thats my bad memory once again  

anyway regardless in any case it wont be the problem  

Infact it could be, if players are running this mod and the server isnit, could casue crashes etc, as it changes AI patterns and adds things.. etc

In that case we will test it and report back smile_o.gif

FFN is not a sound mod

Yep thats my bad memory once again  

anyway regardless in any case it wont be the problem  

In that case we can test it smile_o.gif

We already have remember.. wink_o.gif your getting too old to remember me thinks..

Anyways Yeah as Pufu etc has said try these, for all its worth it might of just been a map bug.. you never know.

Guys... anyone know which mod these come from .....

"TR_Throw", "TR_left_logic" and "TR_TAG_SI"

Server crash report is full of them.

FNN i believe (tony ranger)

i have a 'addon' that is intended as a testing tool for mission-makers. it's suppose to be a 'vbs2 alike' realtime editor.

unfortunatly, it can also be used as a 'cheat'

This addon works like a charm even with battleeye ON!

I didnt try with doolittle's cheatprotection, but i know there is some discussion going on between doolittle and the addon creator.

Bottomline, the best way to protect yourself would be with signatures ON!

This addon works like a charm even with battleeye ON!...

Any addon works regardless of BattlEye, because it is not meant to protect from addon-based cheating. It is meant for other types of cheats like wallhacks and ones that work by modifying memory.

Best bet is sig checking, as you said. Doolittles tool can be used to block specific addons but of course it will only block known addons.