Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

2003 style US. Marines

I got the idea for these from watching Generation Kill and I thought we could use some units from the early iraq war.

they lack some accurate equipment but I'm having a hard time finding a good picture to work with but hopefully I'll find one and update them at some point.

marines5ie8.jpg

marines7ky4.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/136020523/marines.rar.html

Looks pretty good, i've heard about Gen Kill might get into it.The textures look low-res from the pictures, compression or is that how the look ingame?

Posibility of desert-tri colour style???

the textures should be fine, the screenshots are not the best quality...

thanks for the mirrors

Ah cool, Generation Kill is a good series smile_o.gif

The units look good, thanks Agamoth

They look a bit darker than in the series, seems like this is caused by the uniforms in Gen Kill is always having a layer of bright sand over them, while these units doesn't.

Thats the only nitpick I could find though, good job.

Excellent series BTW. smile_o.gif

I might try and add some dust to them at some point but texturing isn't my strongest side

So your talking about the chemical suits they were wearing back then? If so...I'm already sweating.

in Generation Kill it actually looks like they are cold most of the time, a bit wierd in a desert but I think I made them look pretty realistic except for the equipment

They look good, who said they have to be used in an "hot" environment?

They are a perfect match to the CWC Islands, not for South Sahrani off course.

im hopping to get my hands on some replacement packs for these =)

I've got the same idea watching Generation Kill smile_o.gif great Great series!! notworthy.gif

I like so much your units.. thanks a lot wink_o.gif

Planning missions now with these units wink_o.gif

I'm working on a sound pack which uses the lines and voices from that series. Basically it's just samples of speech audio from the show and I'm currently using the RUG DSAI (dynamic sound engine) as the base. If it's ok with the guys who created the RUG DSAI Addon, I'll release a "Generation Kill" U.S. AI speech kit for it.

These units would go great with it, excellent work dude! Outstanding! Get some! biggrin_o.gif

Nice Addon!!

But why they do have desertcamo helmets?

They were intended to use a desert camouflage uniform, but they didn't have enough of them in stock.

Desertcamo helmets were in stock, so they ended up with a mixed outfit. Or at least thats how I understand it.

It was more of a shipping mistake as I remember it. They processed and delivered the wrong colors. Amount may have played a part as well but it was pretty much wide spread, no full desert matches.

Nice Addon!!

But why they do have desertcamo helmets?

They were intended to use a desert camouflage uniform, but they didn't have enough of them in stock.

Desertcamo helmets were in stock, so they ended up with a mixed outfit. Or at least thats how I understand it.

There wernt enough MOPP suits in desertcamo or what they call them.. protective suits so they got woodland ones.  xmas_o.gif

Look at the series "Generation Kill" or read the book.

Only the protective suits were in short supply, not desert uniforms.

Remove the patches. The NBC suites cant have any patches, you cant sew on patches/velcro, it ruins the suite. It is supposed to protect you from NBC stuff.

And also, Marines never wear patches in combat.

..allso you might want to use the vest from the bis marines.. whistle.gif

the patches are kind of a big oops of course they shouldn't have pathces, they will be removed in the update.

I'm not sure about BIS vest, I havn't really looked at it yet but I'll make sure to do so.

DataPlague has just helped me with some really good pictures and I'll work from them rather than the Gen Kill show to make sure they look real.

@Jocko Flocko

I love the sound idea, would be nice with the weapon sounds aswell not sure how easy that would be but I like the sounds in the show