Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

2008 Beijing Olympics

i will still hold onto my word

dont get too picky on miming,

do care about who have fake boos instead, its more important

Team GB's 3rd on the Ranking table. thumbs-up.gif

Although we'll never get past The US Or China.

I agree pavehawk, its been a spectacular weekend got team GB, the womens rowing, i still cant believe the chinese were able to beat us crazy_o.gif

But yeah the US and china should be put into a league of their own so then team GB will be top of the old league tounge2.gif

I agree pavehawk, its been a spectacular weekend got team GB, the womens rowing, i still cant believe the chinese were able to beat us  crazy_o.gif

But yeah the US and china should be put into a league of their own so then team GB will be top of the old league  tounge2.gif

i wonder how many more golds US could get, anyway i still think china will stay on top for a bit longer, 3 more diving to go thumbs-up.gif

but its sad to see Liu Xiang injury put him out of the race again in the big time, its clearly that he is suffering great pain as you can tell from TV, hope he get well soon sad_o.gif

oh and about Matt Eommons, hope he get over this, and like he said, the best is yet to come

Gnat @ Aug. 15 2008,03:31)]yep, agree SHWiiNG

Olympics is about "real" performance, not on drugs, not computer enhanced ?)

And using girls that are under 16 in gymnastics. I'm looking at you China! ?whi:

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg....OpbX8EM

banghead.gif

what? you cant bear to lose?

maybe you can come to any secoundary school in china and see how "young" the grils look here comparing to the same age in your country?

I dont mind loosing to The yanks or china because statistically they are more likely to gain the most medals because they have the greatest number of athletes to select their Olympic team from, also they have around double the size of the British team, so again statistically they are more likely to have a greater chance of winning medals by entering more athletes in each sport.

Tada!

But i was reading a discussion in a newspaper and they were discussing what sports should be made olympic events.

In my opinion, Rugby or 20-20 cricket.

I dont mind loosing to The yanks or china because statistically they are more likely to gain the most medals because they have the greatest number of athletes to select their Olympic team from, also they have around double the size of the British team, so again statistically they are more likely to have a greater chance of winning medals by entering more athletes in each sport.

Tada!

But i was reading a discussion in a newspaper and they were discussing what sports should be made olympic events.

In my opinion, Rugby or 20-20 cricket.

GB did a nice job this year, i think they have the best goldˇˇratio too

Rugby i hope, 10 times better then football

To be honest, I don't think rugby is global enough to be made an Olympic event. There's maybe 10 countries which take it seriously enough, and that's not a lot.

Who else was like " wow_o.gif " after seeing the BMXing yesterday biggrin_o.gif I didn't know it was an event

To be honest, I don't think rugby is global enough to be made an Olympic event. There's maybe 10 countries which take it seriously enough, and that's not a lot.

Who else was like " wow_o.gif " after seeing the BMXing yesterday biggrin_o.gif I didn't know it was an event

it has been since 2000 i think

And using girls that are under 16 in gymnastics. I'm looking at you China! ?whi:

banghead.gif

maybe you can come to any secoundary school in china and see how "young" the grils look here comparing to the same age in your country?

Right... icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....&page=1

Quote[/b] ]

The International Olympic Committee has ordered an investigation into mounting allegations that Chinese authorities covered up the true age of their gold-medal winning gymnastics star because she was too young to compete.

So it goes... wink_o.gif

banghead.gif

Right... icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....&page=1

Quote[/b] ]

The International Olympic Committee has ordered an investigation into mounting allegations that Chinese authorities covered up the true age of their gold-medal winning gymnastics star because she was too young to compete.

So it goes... wink_o.gif

i know they are going to investigate, no big deal

Pride & Prejudice, That's you many Wests' absurd idea.

Don't be an enemy to your potential friends, That's not only stupid, but also dangerous.

One world, One Dream.

IOC chief: Beijing Olympic Games "truly exceptional Games"

It's finished!

Funny how the worlds four greatest super powers came in the top four.

China

The US

Russia

The UK

Then..

Germany

Australia

Kudos for the EU: with its 500 million inhabitants, it raked in roughly 280 medals, including 87 gold... Long live the Union!

Kudos for the EU...

Nice try, but that doesn't count. biggrin_o.gif There a limit on the number of athletes per country that can participate! If the EU were to participate as a single entity, they are limited to 196, instead of the thousands that could have competed for the "EU".

Anyways, I've enjoyed watching the games so much, I'm already looking forward to the 2012 Olympics.

...and about the controversy with gymnastics - I guess we have to believe that the IOC will make the right decision and then remind ourselves that gymnastics, while entertaining to watch, is an inherently unfair sport. The winners and losers are always determined by opinions, rather than an objective scoring system.

Whether the girls are of age or not, I don't know. I'm curious about how they explain why one of them was missing a tooth in the front. Still, one thing is certain - based only on their performance, they deserved the gold.

I loved these Olympics. For 16 days I was glued to the TV switching from Eurosport to local coverages. It was a great competition and I can't wait for London 2012.

Concerning the gymnastics' ages I don't know why all the fuzz about it. Teams and athletes were selected and "enlisted" weeks before the competition, why only now (after her good performance) this comes up? And why no one ever mentions the 14 year old that dived wearing UK colours in synchronized diving competition? Eurosport narrator said UK selected him to improve his skills so he is ready for the gold in 2012.

Yes, I know the gymnastics and diving rules are different, but still, this biased assumptions and investigations intrigue me. I always thought Olympics was about bringing the best out of athletes, not of teams or politics.

I loved these Olympics. For 16 days I was glued to the TV switching from Eurosport to local coverages. It was a great competition and I can't wait for London 2012.

Concerning the gymnastics' ages I don't know why all the fuzz about it. Teams and athletes were selected and "enlisted" weeks before the competition, why only now (after her good performance) this comes up? And why no one ever mentions the 14 year old that dived wearing UK colours in synchronized diving competition? Eurosport narrator said UK selected him to improve his skills so he is ready for the gold in 2012.

Yes, I know the gymnastics and diving rules are different, but still, this biased assumptions and investigations intrigue me. I always thought Olympics was about bringing the best out of athletes, not of teams or politics.

the issus have been there since 2007 where the two girls wins the world title, someone think "ah, they look so small, must be underage" and so got surfing on the net and find articles saying they are born in 94, while it might be true, ppl in china also have already learned at the same time not to trust what newspaper said too much as many times have prove that newspaper always makes simple stupid mistakes, even the offical one

And why no one ever mentions the 14 year old that dived wearing UK colours in synchronized diving competition?

He was Sixteen wasn't he?

And why no one ever mentions the 14 year old that dived wearing UK colours in synchronized diving competition?

He was Sixteen wasn't he?

14, there are different standard

Kudos for the EU...

Nice try, but that doesn't count.    There a limit on the number of athletes per country that can participate! If the EU were to participate as a single entity, they are limited to 196, instead of the thousands that could have competed for the "EU".

Ah, thanks for pointing it out. Another dream down the gutter  biggrin_o.gif! I'd love to see the EU compete as one, though smile_o.gif.