Sign in to follow this  
ingram

Flight Sims X/2004/lockon etc..

Sweeet thumbs-up.gif

So tell me what to do do

lol@ "do do". Genuine mistake there, but I'll keep it unedited.

"do do" rofl.gif

Well you can pick some addons and write everything what you would like to find in the article. Also make some screenshots and send me all. My e-mail: jayhawk@tlen.pl

After this I will make the graphic version just like the first page you have seen smile_o.gif

Gues who got back to flying...

Nah, I've never was a great pilot, I have FSX, but just recently started to learn things. I don't need 80% of the boring tutorials though, as I had learnt quite a lot doing things myself before, and in other games. And I love aircrafts, so some things are just obvious to me.

Good idea with the article Ingram. I'm not familiar with the FS part of the internet, so it'll be a great start for ppl like me!

I'm back from the tour and I have got a lots of great stuff to write about. Tommorow I will begin with the article and I'll write about such addons like Shockvawe Wings of Power wgich include heavy WWII bombers: B-17,B-24,Lancaster etc.

Also I will mention utilities like XGraphics and Active Sky X so there will be much do read about smile_o.gif

For now I have got some nice shots for u smile_o.gif

pby3.jpg

oahu26.jpg

puck2.jpg

hong2.jpg

ryan10.jpg

lukla2.jpg

Ingram, so you do have experiences with Active Sky X and X Graphics?

I dont need some edited screenshots, I rather prefer a few short sentences that describe your impressions of those two expansions. Can you give us some feedback?

Hmm... Flight simming... First flight was probably in F-15 Strike Eagle 2 from Microprose, followed by F-19 Stealth Fighter, then Dynamix's A-10 Tank Killer, and then came the Aces over the Pacific and Aces over Europe... the next one I got was Jane's Fighter's Anthology, and to replace that I currently have what I consider one of the best franchises so far (although it's completely an underdog), Wings over Europe, whose franchise started with a crash debut called "Strike Fighters Project", followed by "Wings over Vietnam", then came "Wings over Europe", and then came "First Eagles" and most recently, "Wings over Israel". The nicest thing about this franchise is that most games are back-compatible, and some time after a new game comes out, a patch is released that brings all the others up to the latest standard, graphics and technology-wise... Whilst there also is some payware in terms of addons for that franchise, most addons are freeware and they're of good quality... I'll post some screenies when I get home smile_o.gif

As for non-combat flight simming... curiously my father bought the very first MSFS when it came out but I don't think he ever tried it... I did a review once for MSFS-X for my company but other than that I wouldn't pay a penny for it... Would rather wait until Flightgear matures so that I can just fly around... and that one's also MP-capable.

Albert sure smile_o.gif

I am using Xgraphics and ASX for about 2 months right now but I am planning to buy Flight Environment X or wait for the Real Environment Extreme and then I will uninstall Xgraphics.

Well I can say that Xgraphics is a very good program. We can choose from many options like sky colour at dawn, dusk etc. sun effect, water, taxiways, light effects.

Here are 2 unworked screens with evening using Xgraphics dawn sky textures.

dawn

lublin1.jpg

lublin2.jpg

(the city lights is not an photoshop effect. this is a light effect generated by Ultimate Terrain X Europe)

dusk

ana22.jpg

ana31.jpg

I would like to direct you to a nice freeware plane for FSX.

Westland Wyvern - really well done machine. It was made with SDK tools for FSX/SP2/Acceleration so there aren't any problems with DX10 mode.

Well it seems that your idea of writing a short Brochure about the best addons is a wise idea. The task will probably be not to overload it and leave people with too much choice.

REX sounds great and I will probably buy it once it comes out. As far as I understood you it do the about the same as Xgraphics+ASX and FEX just better.

Right now my left knee is broken so I can't sit in front of my computer more than 15 minutes because of pain so there will be delay with the articles

Ah sorry to hear that Ingram. Sounds terrible sad_o.gif

I also can't wait for REX to be released. It's not gonna be cheap, but from what I've seen in their image galleries and videos, it's awesome looking stuff which looks definitely worth the price!

I've just ordered all the parts for my new system, so I'll be able to fully enjoy FSX with every graphics option set to high smile_o.gif

Here's the setup:

-Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 LGA775 'Wolfdale' "Overclocking E0 Stepping" 3.33GHz (1333FSB)

-Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 650W ATX2.2 Modular SLi Compliant PSU 1

-Gainward ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2048MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express)

-Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (HD753LJ)

-Asus DRW-20B1ST 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer Rewriter (Black) - OEM

-OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel DDR2 (OCZ2RPR10664GK)

-Antec Twelve Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case

-Asus P5Q Pro Intel P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

What's your setup, Ingram? Your screens look great, but I'm wondering if the FPS match their quality

Nice setup Shashman smile_o.gif

My setup is:

Intel Core 2 Duo (I don't remember the model version) 2,13Ghz - in the end of the year I want to buy Intel Core 2 Quad S-775 Q9300 2,5GHz.

4GB RAM DDRII 800Mhz each.

Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (nothing special comparing to the current graphics cards but it is using DX10)

The best is that I am running FSX on Windows XP so I have got card for DX10 but I am not using it (I just don't trust vista).

And now something for the good night :P

ana39-1.jpg

Hehe, I have that livery for my Overland 744 biggrin_o.gif

Btw don't bother with a Q9300. Go for an E8600 which is actually faster than the Q9300 for gaming, which is only worth it if you do things like encode video and lots of 3DS Max type stuff

But this model is for 2 duo.

I am talking about 2 quad

My sys is

Q9450

8800 GTS 512 SSC

4 Gig RAM

X38 DS4

I am astonished to see that actually all four processors seem to take a certain burden while playing games. Nevertheless I think two cores might still be better.

But actually it seems that the graphic card is the bottleneck even though it is considered to be super fast. It would be silly to already by a new one so I guess I will have to live with it for a while.

Hi guys!

It's been a while since the last time in this thread.

I would like to announce that the article is almost done and it includes right now 9 pages of addon reviews and it is a lot of it since I am writing about Flight Environment X vs Real Environment Extreme etc.

I've got some really greate payware's lately, most of them are an scenery addons for VFR flights, I am also making a long range courses like usual but I just love to take a spin in some smaller plane.

madeira9-1.jpg

RealAir Supermarine Spitfire and Madeira X scenery from Aerosoft

About the addons I could really recommend you.

Real Environment Extreme - something wonderfull. Previous I was using HiHi's XGraphics but when I bought Flight Environment X I could say then that the weather is now real a specially when I've installed the Super High Definition patch.

alb2.jpg

Freeware Albatros fighter (port from FS2004) and FEX SHD

Later on I've bought the Real Environment Extreme and it is just wonderfull now. It includes now cloud variations with HD so we don't have to download any extra files.

The variety of themes is just awesome, we can create our own environment theme (water, tropical reefs, cloud themes, airport environment, lights, flares etc.) or use one of default themes. What is great that I haven't noticed any fps fall just like it was with Xgraphics and FEX SHD.

This program is fully compatible with Active Sky X and the newest Active Sky Advanced so we can get as real weather in our sim as it is in real.

Flight Simulator X with Real Environment Extreme and Active Sky X

tigercat2a.jpg

tigercat3.jpg

citation5.jpg

sabre4-1.jpg

Anyone tested the f-16 from aerosoft yet? From what I've seen and heard it looks and flies great.

I've got this one, very nice machine but I'd never liked Falcon such as I love Tomcat so I prefer IRIS Pro Series F-14 pack.

For me this 2 paywares are really well maid. F-16 is in many camo and weapon variants such like Polish Air Force for example.

But F-14 is something beautiful so the IRIS pack win's for me :P.

tomcat82.jpg

Hmm, I'm having some weird problems with lock on, it seems to crash a lot, it seems random and it usually freezes. With this in mind I'm thinking of buying Lock On Gold.

What are the benefits? Does it look better? Does it play better? I'm just finally getting the hang of flying the su-25 after printing out the keycard, and it's a ton of fun. You know, besides the crashing.

I'm getting a good print done tommorow so that it can't tear or fade.

Hmm I don't know.

I have got Lock On with Flaming Cliffs expansion pack. The sim is filled with mods etc and I don't have any problems with it.

Perhaps this is a matter of graphics drivers etc.

I posted on the official forums and a solution was soon brewed up! It seems LOMAC doesn't handle multi cores properly and as such is prone to crashing. using set affinty, limiting the game to one core makes it run smoother.

One question regarding the Su-25 in FC, the regular one, does it look better? As in, the external model? Also, are the shaders any better?

This is a totally different model. You have then 2 SU-25's. The older model from LOMAC and SU-25T

su25t-01.jpg

which is more difficult.

Yeah, the Su-25T has been improved greatly, but what about just the Su-25? I wonder if that baby was brought to the same standard as the Su-25T.