Sign in to follow this  
ingram

Flight Sims X/2004/lockon etc..

If you like Flaming Cliffs then check out the Strike Fighters 2 series from ThirdWire. It is made by a team of 3 guys led by someone who is really passionate about his work. The game itself is based on 2nd, 3rd, and early 4th generation combat jets (F-100s, A-4s, F-4s, F-105s, etc) in a variety of real and fictional settings. It isn't as in depth as FC2 but if you enjoy flying more than learning systems then it is great. F-100D Super Sabre vs. MiG-21 makes for some very interesting and difficult combat! It also has an active modding community and features dynamic campaigns. The graphics are not stellar but the mods improve that.

http://www.thirdwire.com/

Has anyone tried the F/A-18E by VRS? I'm wondering if it is worth its price tag.

Edited by Hellfire257

Great FSX Addons:

I played for a while with the FS09 PMDG 737 and just switched to the FSX PMDG 737 NGX - Amazing plane. It uses quite a bit of my new hardware but its worth every penny. Nearly everything is usable, clickable or adjustable and the FMC is a real step forward compared to the FS9 FMC :) (It was nearly impossible to fly a regular descent without using the air brakes)

I also bought REX-2 and am quite happy with it. Clouds and skies are amazing. I took a photo with my mobile in which you couldn't see the edges of the screen and sent it to a friend, after which he asked if I have been in the cockpit of an airplane. :) :)