Sign in to follow this  
Curious

Rikabi's Iranian Cobra

Hello am posting my first re-texture addon of the BIS Cobra into the Iranian variant. I am aware of some slight textures missing and the Rotar texture my look strange when on the on ground when spinning but seem ok when in the air.

I plan to update this version and may possibly do :

- Twin Blade

- Reworked base model (Exhaust)

- Tweaking texture

- Remove optics

Special Thanks to :

Dead3yez ( from Armaholics) for config

modEmMaik Better base model

And BIS

iranfin.jpg

iranfin2.jpg

Download :

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wybj22d1fm (Fixed texture prob)

You will find the addons on US side not OPFOR.

Any problems Il just add them to the list.  whistle.gif  crazy_o.gif

Nice one for a first add-on mate.

Links have been put in the ArmAholic topic.

Wow!

That is an amazing texture job! But if it's on BLUFOR side, yeah that's a problem as most missions will have the addon used against US/Western type addons/mods.  That just creates uncessary work for the mission maker to make the unit on the "OPFOR" side.  

I remember the Malvinas Mod in OFP did not want to be on the "East" side but at least they made British forces on the East side as part of their mod.  

So unless you make an entire Mod with US/Israeli forces on the OPFOR side and all Iranian units on BLUFOR side then, yeah it creates extra work for the mission maker.

sad_o.gif

Now all that we need is Iranian infantry and armor addons. I've been wanting to make some as part of my mod (The Lost Brothers- Isaac & Ishmael), but I've been too busy trying to fix up what my mod already has (Israeli, Hamas, and Hezbollah addons).  However, if you need any help with that just PM me.

____

For those who don't know by the way... just for general information, the Super Cobra was actually exported to Iran before the revolution and it still is in operation along with older model Cobras, UH-1's, CH-47's, F-14's, F-4's, and F-5's.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

yeah it creates extra work for the mission maker.

sad_o.gif

it takes like 10 seconds

yeah it creates extra work for the mission maker.

sad_o.gif

it takes like 10 seconds

10 seconds for every group and if you forget one, you wonder why there is a gun battle going before you even get to your objective.  lol

So yes, its not hard to do, but its a little annoyance that is needless unless these are supposed to be 1970's era Imperial Iranian Cobras under command of the Shah or if they are intended to fight against 1980's era Iraqi addons that will likely be on the OPFOR side.  In that case, it would have been nicer to stick them on the "Independent" side.  

However right now, there does not exist any Saddam-era Iraqi addons in ArmA to my knowledge.  

I should also point out that during the 80's Saddam Hussein was an American ally so even then, the Iraqi addons would have been considered BLUFOR.  

Anyways...the whole thing is a stupid political issue, but that's the world we live in and the game was made for a Western audience and thus is prejudiced against Middle Eastern people who don't like to be called OPFOR as are just about every single FPS game out there that has Middle Eastern forces from Islamic countries.

Only Assassins Creed goes against this trend in gaming. They also took alot of heat for it and were accused of being "anti-Western" and "Pro-Islamic" by people who never played the game.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Miles Teg

you can easily add a version to east side as well for your own mod:

Quote[/b] ]// add define definition

class CfgPatches

{

class MTEG_AH1W_Addon

{

units[] = {"MTEG_AH1W"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.14;

requiredAddons[] = {"RIKABI_CfgPatches_Class"};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class RIKABI_AH1W;

class MTEG_AH1W: RIKABI_AH1W { side = TEAST; };

};

I would not do that without rikabi's permission. I'm more interested in helping him make a seperate Iranian addon pack much as LoBo and IM:UC (and IKAR or something like that...the guy who did Iranian plane reskins) helped out Bucketman in OFP to put out an Iranian addon pack.

Something like that would be nice to see in ArmA not to mention a conversion of our OFP Iran/Iraq map.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks to rikabi. It is a real beauty thumbs-up.gif

@Q: I just inteded to post the same config rofl.gif

@Miles Teg: Q's config is simply an extension to the existing implementation. The original chopper is still needed to have an independent / OPFOR side cobra.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches

{

class MTEG_AH1W_Addon

{

units[] = {"MTEG_AH1W"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.14;

requiredAddons[] = {"RIKABI_CfgPatches_Class"};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class RIKABI_AH1W;

class MTEG_AH1W: RIKABI_AH1W { side = 0; };

};

No need to define anything wink_o.gif

What Q did was a config you can make into a addon that will create another helicopter in addition to Rikabi's Cobra that is on the opfor side. You dont change Rikabi's addon, that is still there ingame untouch, you just add one to opfor.

Just copy paste this into a config.cpp.

(Want it on racs side? Use 'side = 2;' )

EDIT: Ofcourse use your own TAG and ask the creator for permission if you plan to release it! TAGs and respect are important!!!

oh please make it east in the original DL, you can have an east and west version if we really have to be that politically correct.

Ps can we have more Iranian stuff :-)

I would not do that without rikabi's permission. I'm more interested in helping him make a seperate Iranian addon pack much as LoBo and IM:UC (and IKAR or something like that...the guy who did Iranian plane reskins) helped out Bucketman in OFP to put out an Iranian addon pack.

Something like that would be nice to see in ArmA not to mention a conversion of our OFP Iran/Iraq map.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sure you have my permission mate. In the next update I will put the Cobra's independent huh.gif .

Am also waiting for permission of Footmuch if he will let me retexture his F4 Phantoms into the Iranian variant.

If you want to be completely safe you can put one cobra for every side  tounge2.gif

edit: if you add this to your existing config you are safe wink_o.gif Then you have one cobra for each side.

To class CfgPatches:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

units[] = {"MTEG_AH1W","MTEG_AH1Wo","MTEG_AH1Wi"};

To class Cfg Vehicles

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class RIKABI_AH1Wo: RIKABI_AH1W

{

side = 1;

name = "Iranian Cobra opfor";

crew = SoldierEPilot;

}

class RIKABI_AH1Wi: RIKABI_AH1W

{

side = 2;

name = "Iranian Cobra independent";

crew = SoldierGPilot;

}