Sign in to follow this  
5thSFG Drak

Config.bin modifications

biggrin.gif

Here is my reply then, Ed your correct Sir, I agree with you 100% and BIS needs to lock it down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 04 2002,10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quit posting just smileys, if you don't have a comment to make then don't post.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL give us the option to delete are post then you wont have smiles everywhere.

Where just trying to clean this and all the other threads up from us.

Alot of things are said at bad times mostly around 2-5 AM when were all tired and just pissed off at the world.

Why not make a correction post? Heh. Honesty is the best policy. If you said something which you don't want to be seen anymore, post a correction, don't edit out your post. It creates holes in the thread. When people read them, they see responses to things which are no longer there. Good recipe for confusion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (5thSFG Drak @ Mar. 03 2002,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They quit makeing mods where you have to make these so called changes ! Screw messing with the config.bin , .cpp's ! Thats inviting trouble !

And I could careless if he's a hero to you ! He's a nightmare to me and every player who wants to have fun with this game !

Our better yet if you Mod makers HAVE to have this .cpp file then keep it in house and not where everyone can get ahold of it !

here is what your soooo badly need hacked.cpp cause's

http://www.crude-extreme.com/~kamika....638.jpg

this is the first time we have seen  a message like this !<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is the first time we've seen a message like that... isn't it Drak?

Although the real modified config message does indicate changes to the config files these changes are NOT a reliable indication that a player is a cheater. Because there isn't a lot of quality control in mod making (custom face packs, sound packs) perfectly innocent players are likely being banned / kicked from Fraghaus.

Current policy on our server for kicking / banning a cheater is visual verification of a cheater by at least 1 other than the admin.

P.S Since when did a OFP game messages accuse a player of cheating? confused.gif

The crap I see on here....

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Mar. 04 2002,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S Since when did a OFP game messages accuse a player of cheating?   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Today I hosted a server and I still had Satchel's sound addon installed, Hilandor connected and it said he had a modified config.bin (he didn't) then a few seconds later it mentioned it again and said that he was possibly cheating (he wasn't) I removed Satchel's sound addon, hosted again and there were no modified config.bin warnings about anyone smile.gif

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Config message

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH cheater

BLAH BLAH BLAH BALH BLAH OFP

Plain and simple do a fresh install

Back up your config and addons to another folder!

Add your addons that you want for maps that you play where ever. Then when you go into a server that requires no such addons. Guess what slap in the original config bin and the original addons. Yes this works and no nasty you are cheating or you are this or that. This way no one can accuse you of **** (edit).

So everyone happy. Stop whineing! Who is your daddy and what does he do? I am a cop dammit! John kimbal. Um what was this about again.

Oh yeah that is my two cents so do with them what you will.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 03 2002,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FYI:

The main config.cpp file is needed for making addons so you know how things are done in the game and how you can replicate those in your addons.<span id='postcolor'>

Kegetys I fear the day oxygen and the rest of the stuff is released. You will be demanding payment for these things. Some poor person who does not know you or any better for what you really are or any  better will probablely pay for them.

Oh and by the way hmm the word you use is replicate I remember in a post with me you said you made these things from scratch and they where all your own.

Riddle me this if you copy something then is it truely yours. No like ed said you are just leeching copywrite boy.

I know freedom is only come with in the last 12 years for some of you eastern block boys.  But you really where behind that iron curtain for to long. Come into the rest of the free world and enjoy.

...As the plane went down, those flames went higher...

And it burned burned burned, that ring of fire...

The ring of fire.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 05 2002,10:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Mar. 04 2002,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S Since when did a OFP game messages accuse a player of cheating?   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Today I hosted a server and I still had Satchel's sound addon installed, Hilandor connected and it said he had a modified config.bin (he didn't) then a few seconds later it mentioned it again and said that he was possibly cheating (he wasn't) I removed Satchel's sound addon, hosted again and there were no modified config.bin warnings about anyone smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So that cheating message is real?confused.gif

What were BIS thinking?

My apologies to Drak for thinking that message was crap.

But it does demonstrate my point that the modified config message alone should not be used to determine cheaters, you need visual identification to ban / kick cheaters with any clear conscience on the matter.

Regards,

smile.gif

Yes the Messages are correct in version 1.46. If a player is using any type of program that alters the config.bin it will announce it. Satchels or A-Lone-Wolf or any other.

*****VERY IMPORTANT*****

EVERYONE beware.... When you update your servers to 1.46 MAKE SURE you have the 1.46 config.bin and other files on the server. DO NOT just put the 1.46 Stand Alone server program in on top of other installed versions (i.e. 1.45). This WILL definitely cause mass confusion as well as many problems with clients and false detections of altered configs. (YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE 1.46 INSTALL... Then add the 1.46 Stand Alone server). It does a comparison with Server vs. Client and if they are differnet it announces what in the config is different.

AWESOME... it DOES work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frag Haus Capt Morgan @ Mar. 05 2002,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 03 2002,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FYI:

The main config.cpp file is needed for making addons so you know how things are done in the game and how you can replicate those in your addons.<span id='postcolor'>

Kegetys I fear the day oxygen and the rest of the stuff is released. You will I am sorry demanding payment for these things. Some poor person who does not know you or any better for what you really are or any  better will probablely pay for them.

Oh and by the way hmm the word you use is replicate I remember in a post with me you said you made these things from scratch and they where all your own.

Riddle me this if you copy something then is it truely yours. No like ed said you are just leeching copywrite boy.

I know freedom is only come with in the last 12 years for some of you eastern block boys.  But you really where behind that iron curtain for to long. Come into the rest of the free world and enjoy.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol you have to come all the way to this thread too to start arguing... I will never ask for payment for any ofp stuff I do, because thats againist my "hacker ethics" wink.gif I rather give stuff I make to people for free, they can use them if they want to or choose not to. Only thing I require in exchange is respect for my work, I dont care if someone says they suck, but if someone goes into doings things with them I dont want them to, I see them doing something wrong and I will do all I can to stop them, and to get the respect for my work I believe I deserve.

If you check the dictionary what 'replicate' means, you should notice whats the difference between copying something and replicating it. (I can help by telling that to replicate = to repeat, duplicate, or reproduce, esp. for experimental purposes.). And remember that the "replication" is only for the config.cpp code, most my addons are much more than just that.

I dont understand what you mean with the last sentence, "eastern block boys" must be something US people would understand... Well I dont, sorry tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">damn, now I have that Jonny Cash song stuck in my head mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Now there aint nothin wrong with gettin a song by the man in black stuck in your head. tounge.gif

I walk the path of evil alone wink.gif

if you are a Cash fan you will understand biggrin.gif

Tex man good song and good qoute. Have to love it.

Oh yeah and kegetys. Blah Blah Blah Blah!

By the way I didn't come to this thread to start this fight again. I just like to point out your misgivings every chance I can.  You are just a hypocrite!

I love you man really I do.  But you have got to get over your self. Look you released something for people to use. You should be happy they use it instead of complaining how they use it.

Man when I see a map I made on another server or being played on everon. Bro I loose it. I just think wow man people like my map and play it. Do I care they modified or took my name out.  Hell No! I know it is my work and just glad that people are enjoying it.  After all it is a game and you should get enjoyment out of it.  Just as I am sure that you get enjoyment out of modifieing bis's addons.  You should say dam people make maps with my addons and over 500 people aweek use them on fraghaus's coop server alone! Dam that is impressive.  But I guess seeing the enjoyment in things is at a lose for you.

Trying to be napoleon is more important

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frag Haus Capt Morgan @ Mar. 05 2002,10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do I care they modified or took my name out.  Hell No!<span id='postcolor'>

Well people are different eh? tounge.gif If the wishes and requirements I set for distribution of my stuff are too much for you, just dont distribute them! Its as easy as that.

Kegetys... I am sorry but I have seen enough of your continual complaining.

You 'own' nothing. You have no 'rights' to anything. 'IF' someone chooses to give you props for your little MOD's or MISSION's then you should say 'Thank You, Can I Have Some More Sir?' and leave it at that<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>.</span></span> (I have made MODs and I have made Missions... and could careless where they are who uses them and if I get credit simply because while it may be a little time consuming it is SOOOO simple to do MODs and Missions and BIS are the ones who deserve all credit and have the rights to the game.)

Now please stop following people around these forums ragging them about the subject. You have done it on no less than 5 different topics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigQEd @ Mar. 05 2002,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now please stop following people around these forums ragging them about the subject. You have done it on no less than 5 different topics.<span id='postcolor'>

5? Ummh... More like 2 or 3? and you fraghaus people began talking about it in all the others that one, at where the discussion from your side began with very childish comments.

I'm becoming increasingly tired of the fact that certain Frag Haus members are continually ignoring our requests to them about their manner, tone and conduct. As Dave correctly pointed out in the second post of this thread the way some of you are conducting yourselves on this forum is not acceptable, we would prefer it if we didn't have to take action against you and remove posting rights but if you continue to behave as you have been that is going to happen.

Placebo as I mentioned on ICQ, only a couple would represent FragHaus. Only one truly is responsible for FragHaus (me).

If they don't show a 'FragHaus Tag' in some way then please don't assume they represent FragHaus.

People have individual ideas and actions.

If I stated something out of line or acted in anyway unbecoming in these forums I apologize. I do try to stay as professional as possible.

Also... FHA (FragHaus Aliance) (the FH with the STAR) is a group that are Elite Players on FragHaus. Could be anyone from an Admin to just a good regular player on FragHaus. We are talking a pretty large group... and growing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 05 2002,17:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm becoming increasingly tired of the fact that certain Frag Haus members are continually ignoring our requests to them about their manner, tone and conduct. As Dave correctly pointed out in the second post of this thread the way some of you are conducting yourselves on this forum is not acceptable, we would prefer it if we didn't have to take action against you and remove posting rights but if you continue to behave as you have been that is going to happen.<span id='postcolor'>

Another post from a moderator hitting us up. Yet no moderator has posted anything on kegetys or any other member of these foroums.

Look I apologize if I offended any of the moderators. But please do not be one sided on the issue of posts.

I will also refrain from any personal comments about any one from this point on!

Heh. I think they are speaking about the behavior of FragHaus in general, not just on this particular thread.

Well they would be wrong to do so. Read my posts...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frag Haus Capt Morgan @ Mar. 06 2002,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another post from a moderator hitting us up. Yet no moderator has posted anything on kegetys or any other member of these foroums.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't recall seeing in any of Kegetys' posts to you guys him resorting to flaming or name calling. That's why I didn't feel the need to speak to Kegetys.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I will also refrain from any personal comments about any one from this point on!<span id='postcolor'>

You/(anyone) shouldn't have made personal comments about anyone to begin with, then there wouldn't have been a problem, it's as simple as that smile.gif

The message XXXX uses modified config bin/cpp (whatever) - Time Out (Probably is cheating), i think this comes from using the Dynamic Range addon, now it may come from other things but this addon is NOT a cheat. I have seen this message come from one of our members and it was definately because he was using this addon.

If anyone in our squad is caught cheating then he is out , he will get to put his case, if no good reason can be found for having a particular addon that allows cheating, then it's goodnight Elvis has left the building, if anyone sees any of our members cheating TELL US we will sort it out.

I have to say i'm with Drak on the anti cheaters thing, but i'm not into flaming anyone unless they are deserving of it, but then that would just drag me down to their level.

If A Lone Wolf has done what Kegetys says then fair play to him, just look at all the good addons we have had from this, But if someone else screws with what he has done, is that A Lone Wolf's fault?, i think not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If they don't show a 'FragHaus Tag' in some way then please don't assume they represent FragHaus.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep and it's 99% of the time people with the 'FragHaus Tag' that are causing the problems. Kegetys has done alot of good work for the community with his addons and without his input in the early days an awfull lot of addons wouldn't of ever been released. Not to mention the fact I haven't seen kegetys do anything against our rules. Like Placebo said, we dont want to have to take action against fraghaus forum members, but if the immature name calling and general bitching continues then we will be forced to do so.

Nuff said? I hope so..