Sign in to follow this  
5thSFG Drak

Config.bin modifications

HAHA!!! Gimbal... that is truly a FUNNY idea. I wanna see it in action.

On the main issue: BIS has to stop the ability to hook in with the .cpp someway. Or they will need to notify the server that the .cpp is being used with a possible option to kick modified .cpps.

Those are the options.

BIS, Suma, Maruk... if you NEED anything. ANY Assistance let me know. I will do all I can to help stop this.

We definitely need a balance. Open Sourcing this stuff like Lone Wolf has apparently done is not good. It truly opens the door for all sorts of cheats.

Heh. As you can see, the possibilities are for cheating are about as limitless as the types of mods you can create. sad.gif

Well, without giving it too much thought, I think it may help to hinder addons (which actually acts like patches) from altering the classes already defined in the master config.bin, but only allow them to add NEW classes on top of those.

You see, the difference between a "legal" addon and a cheat, is this very thing. let me make an example:

---------------------------------------

Legal addon:

class LAW: AT3

class GIMlaw: LAW {};

{

hit=9000;

};

This one will add a new type of ammo based on LAW. To use it, it must be placed in the mission (and in a gun too).

Cheat:

class LAW: AT3

{

hit=9000;

};

This one will MODIFY the existing LAW. Therefore it will not need to be placed in the mission for the player to use it. It will just work on the clientside.

What I think could be done, is to let OFP deny any files in the addon folder to patch the contents of the (master)config.bin file (since all legal addons only build on top of it) and furthermore not allow the (master)config.bin file to be replaced by a config.cpp type file. Since noone really has access to a bin encrypter, cheaters are forced to use cpp and OFP would then detect it.

Anyway, just a thought.

Gimbal

Hey Gimbal .... OFP doesnt Catch all the .cpp's if there done right.

BIS needs to LOCK the Config and .cpp's DOWN !

And mod makers will just have to make maps and use the weapons names in the Init field.

I mean you guys make great Mod's.... Gimbal tosser is some funnie Stuff... But I would gladly trade all the addons away for NO CHEATING !

and it looks like the only way to stop it is Lock the config and the .cpp down ~

Thats A FACT !

You countinue to show your ass Drak. You know your wrong just admit it. No one believes you anymore after you showed your ass when you falsely accused my squad of cheating, AND WERE PROVEN A LIAR. You are incompetent and not much of a man. A true man admits when he is wrong. A true man would have addressed me with this issue when we had a voice chat. Instead you mumbled and acted like a worm on a hook. Wouldnt even come right out and say what was on your mind. Instead its, glad we talked man cya, and you run strait to the nearest forum to accuse me of cheating!

Quit trying to make me pay cause of your inability to be a man.

I am sorry to all who read this post in this forum. This childish behavior from drak has got to stop. He is instigating, and perpetuating the flames in the forums. I feel the need to respond because he is tarnishing my reputation, and my real name with his incompetance.

Again Drak it is on you. Provide proof or STFU. This isnt your house. I dont play your server, and I am not in your forum. So dont tell me what to do.

As for the topic. How long would it take for a server to transfer its config? I mean it might be worth it for high speed users. Especially so we can keep peeps like drak cool.

Well, locking the BIN and not allowing the BIN to be a CPP would be a great step. Then OFP would run a check through the addons on startup, verifying that they did not attempt to alter classes already defined in the BIN. There's a clear distinction between "adding" addons and "modifying" addons.

OFP scans the whole lot on startup anyway.

I think that could work, without really knowing at all, heheh.

Poor Drak. He is being chased around the internet now, by what I can only assume is an old boyfriend. smile.gif

Boy, some people need to get a life. wink.gif

*grab's a 2nd bottle of anti rev spary * ....*shakes it up real good this time and sprays Rev in the eye's*.......

Rev couldnt be my boyfriend. I am a lesiban.

LOL

USMC has nothing better to do Rev then follow a real player around moning and crying for something he did to us...

This Has nothing to do with the USMC Marker thing That is settled , I said We at FragHaus Noticed the Mistake and Corrected our self's on that topic ! It couldve been done along time ago if USMC didnt ignore us . But that is settled !

As far as you Kamai , You cheated under a different name Everyone in that game saw it. I banned the name you were under. We had no clue you were USMC at the time. And as you can tell We dont care now..LOL YOu are still banned and will stay banned for using the Unlimited Ammo Trainer.

Feel free to follow me around and cry about it if you wish. This is the 4th or 5th time I have explained this to you . Enough is enough . Your banned and will stay banned for cheating .

End of Story !

Your explanation is a wash. Provide Date time and proof! no more accusations without proof will solve this Drak!

And by the way thanks for another example of your lack of simple humility you were wrong and corrected yourself but...

But nothing. If USMC DIDNT IGNORE YOU? Why shouldnt we! You accused us of something we didnt do, and we owed you an explanation? You got a lot of nerve man.

Nice! you keep on with the antogonistic posts. I am sure they help your case.

Jesus Christ, I thought we buried the hatchet.

Don't you have anything better to do? Why don't you take all this energy and go volunteer at a animal hospital or something...

I like the idea of locking down the cpp's but the only problem is that I like playing with Satchel's soundpack, which modifies the config.cpp confused.gif

FYI: .cpp and direct access to the config.bin is not required for ADDONs. This can all be done via a .pbo that is placed in the ADDON directory. I have made .pbo ADDONs I know it's not that difficult.

Most people should know this.

So those that keep claiming they have to have access to the .cpp/bin are simply wanting to change the ORIGINAL game which should not be allowed in anyway. It leaves room for cheats.

Want a different feeling game then play on a MODed server. We made a server that has ADDONs just for this reason.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigQEd @ Mar. 03 2002,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FYI: .cpp and direct access to the config.bin is not required for ADDONs. This can all be done via a .pbo that is placed in the ADDON directory. I have made .pbo ADDONs I know it's not that difficult.<span id='postcolor'>

The main config.cpp file is needed for making addons so you know how things are done in the game and how you can replicate those in your addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as you Kamai , You cheated under a different name Everyone in that game saw it. I banned the name you were under. We had no clue you were USMC at the time. And as you can tell We dont care now..LOL YOu are still banned and will stay banned for using the Unlimited Ammo Trainer.

<span id='postcolor'>

My, my, what a lovely wall. I think I am going to slam my head against it for a few hours.

Kegetys...

Not true. I have made MODs without using .cpps. The information is out there already to make MODs. CLOSE the bin now and make it unaccessible. It is no longer needed.

Maybe BIS could release the information needed for future changes in some sort of SDK. However, do not EXPECT it. It is their product and their code.

You as well as all other MODers are but leeches on their coding. No one in these forums needs to believe they are above others. We do nothing elite... BIS are the elite ones.

Quit posting just smileys, if you don't have a comment to make then don't post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 04 2002,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quit posting just smileys, if you don't have a comment to make then don't post.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. biggrin.gif

placebo... it's happening all over sadly.

Here is another

Anyway to setup rules to really go by on this forum?

You guys NEED to be more Nazi... Fascist smile.gif (that was from what Dave said in another topic)