Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Anyone Worried

Next week it gets turned on.....micro Black Holes anyone?

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

We should have 4 years until they get grow enough to suck everything inside. That's 2012, so we'll get to play ArmA 2 and OFP 2 at least.

Next week it gets turned on.....micro Black Holes anyone?

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

We should have 4 years until they get grow enough to suck everything inside. That's 2012, so we'll get to play ArmA 2 and OFP 2 at least.

That's the spirit! rofl.gif

I'm scared  sad_o.gif

Me too.

I thought me leaving my girl was the last blackhole fear I needed to have.............

Hmmm, now i think of it, it can't be really that bad if we get sucked in wow_o.gif

i think people are totally over doing this, it wont kill us tounge2.gif

Maybe it can help us understand space and stuff... but it would been cool if we could build faster space ships or something smile_o.gif

That kind of collisions probably occur frequently in space. Maybe even on earth. I guess it isn't the first time this kind of thing happens (outside a "lab" environment).

But, people were afraid of automobiles, planes and the fire too.

Maybe even on earth. I guess it isn't the first time this kind of thing happens (outside a "lab" environment).

[/quote

Yes it happened one time already, it was called "The big bang".

There was a special on TV with a scientist who wanted to hinder the experiment as he says it will definately be the start of the end.

He even sued the responsible ones at the EU court to hinder the experiment as he says it will be the end of the earth. He definately sounded reasonable to me. I hope he´s wrong though somehow crazy_o.gif

Big Bang experiment creates excitement, fear

Deep underground on the border between France and Switzerland, the world's largest particle accelerator will recreate the conditions immediately after the Big Bang. Scientists hope the Large Hadron Collider will help understand how the universe was formed. Skeptics fear it will lead to the Earth's demise. full story

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/09/08/lhc.collider/index.html.

That shit is on my birthday!!! crazy_o.gif

I am worried...

..That I am living a world of hysterical drama people. Have a bud and chill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL2ghqv5mCg

Some "experts" are trying to take legal actions against it...

Citizens Against The Large Hadron Collider

http://www.lhcdefense.org/

Quote[/b] ]Legal tussle over whether it should be stopped is facing new twists. Look for Nobel laureates and diplomats to weigh in as a key federal court hearing nears.

The hearing is scheduled to begin in Hawaii on Sept. 2, just a week before the official startup of Europe's Large Hadron Collider. U.S. District Judge Helen Gillmor will consider whether to dismiss a civil lawsuit claiming that the machine could destroy the world.

The plaintiffs in the case, former nuclear safety official Walter Wagner and Spanish science writer Luis Sancho, say the officials in charge of the LHC at the CERN particle-physics center have not fully considered the possibility that the collider could create globe-gobbling black holes or other catastrophes of cosmic proportions.

The defendants, including CERN and the U.S. Department of Energy, say the doomsday worries are pure science fiction - and have cited a series of safety reports concluding that the Large Hadron Collider poses no global threat.

Both sides are getting their briefs in order as the hearing date approaches - and picking up new allies (or new foes, depending on how you see the issue) along the way.

Fortunately, the generous donator for the collider project decided to step up to calm down the excited people.

ggggg3am8.jpg

wink_o.gif

The first image of the one free man

Someone give him a crowbar.

PIC

Tomorrow they will fail and aliens will come to Earth. It's predicted in Half-Life, like georgian-russian war had been predictad in Ghost Recon.

And the guy with the suitcase of course...

no shit, I am starting to worry

003c73.jpgconfused_o.gif

Well, It's getting turned on today, And if it does destroy the world, I just want to say Bye to all of you! Bye! xmas_o.gif

Anyway, In case it does destroy the world, you can now know why it's happened in this Article from Virgin.

----------------------------------------------------

This Wednesday the most advanced scientific instrument ever built will be switched on in Geneva.

It was originally due to be turned on a couple of weeks ago but was put back, rumour has it, due to Andrew Marr being on holiday and the request that he cover the story for the BBC to maximize the media attention.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) has been built to test current theories for particle physics and scientists will try and recreate the conditions that existed just after the Big Bang by smashing parts of atoms together at high speeds.

When activated the collider could show one of the most elusive particles in our Universe, the Higgs boson, also called the "God particle". This observation could confirm the Standard Model of physics unifying three of the four known fundamental forces: electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force, leaving out just gravity.

However, other more dangerous particles will also be produced for which searches are planned, such as black holes, and never seen before particles of matter, and even now, the architects of what is being termed a "Doomsday" machine, the U.S. Department of Energy, Fermilab, the National Science Foundation and CERN are being sued in federal court over fears that this experiment may in fact destroy the planet.

Also our old friend Nostradamus’ words ring from the grave with this grim prediction:

Nostradamus quatrain 9 44:

Leave, leave Geneva every last one of you,

Saturn will be converted from gold to iron,

"Raypoz" will exterminate all who oppose him,

Before the coming the sky will show signs.

Did Nostradamus predict the Large Hadron Collider? Will the Earth disappear into a black hole of its own making?

-----------------------------------------------------

That last bit is very interesting, It's about 50-50, It can work, and we enter a new age of Science, or it can fail, and Humans and all other animals die.

No they're just doing a test run today. The real colliding will start on october 21st.

No they're just doing a test run today. The real colliding will start on october 21st.

It's happening today actually.

What?! That's outrageous, Arma2 isn't even near release!

Also, http://nofrag.com/images/003c73.jpg wow, the similarity is uncannily frightening.

Buuut anyway this is rather inderesting at the same kinda strange and to be quite honest in my opinion seems like a large waste of landmass, resources, I'm all for science but there are some things that make me wonder what the possible use for these things could be, good science vs bad science, or is this another one of those "Good intentions?" we all know how those turn out.

I'm no religious fanatic but even I know there are things we are not supposed to know and do but I suppose that is the bliss of humanity..although this reminds me alot ALOT of the Y2K mass panic and look how that turned out.  

Still if it is the end of the world..well...it was nice knowing ya world, I'm not going to panic for the inevitable, one day we will bring about our own doom that much is certain..now the question is how we will do it..hrm..though this was a bit more complex then skynet.

Bye Bye World!

*GULP*

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  goodnight.gif

If I see you in Arma this evening then I will be a happy man, the wife will get some loving today though just in case!!  biggrin_o.gif