Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Hitch

Im adding this into Warfare.

Awesome work Mando.

New v1.3 available:

You ROCK Mandoble.

If I wasn't so inept I would post a few pictures but I don;t know how. HAHa.

Thanks for your hard work. The Osprey is now able to carry stuff with easy.

Styxx

errormsgri9.jpg

Got this error with the example mission. Anyone else getting this? Havn't tried fixing it yet.

EDIT: Using the chopper's actual name instead of the class fixed it.

Haha, I'd been staring at that line for 5 minutes trying to look for something as obvious as that, brilliant! banghead.giftounge2.gif

excellent script, I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so certain helicopters can lift certain loads e.g I doubt a UH60 could lift an M1A1? (correct me if i'm wrong i'm not familiar with various helicopter lift capacities lol)

I had the initial thought of using a dynamic variable for each helicopter class type specifying what it can lift similarly to how the items that can be lifted are defined in 1.3 (by mando_hitch_types)...not sure how well that would work if at all.

e.g: mando_hitch_types is used to specify all the liftable classes/objects. A dynamic variable e.g "%1_hitch_types" where %1 is the class-name of the helicopter in use, is then used to change the array mando_hitch_types to those contained within the set variable, the changes to mando_hitch_types are kept local to the client.

Dunno how much sense that makes but it's a thought I'll probably give it a shot later on

An MBT can`t be lifted by any helicopter.

We talking of wights from 35 tons to 55 tons per tank, and that weight is way to much for any helicopter. At least that ones we have in ArmA, but i doubt there is one heli at all, that could lift an M1A2.

Besides that:

This script rocks, now damaged vehicles can be delivered to an service point. inlove.gif

Thanks, I was simply using UH60 being unlikely to lift M1A1 as an example as to what I meant.

An MBT can`t be lifted by any helicopter.

We talking of wights from 35 tons to 55 tons per tank, and that weight is way to much for any helicopter. At least that ones we have in ArmA, but i doubt there is one heli at all, that could lift an M1A2.

Besides that:

This script rocks, now damaged vehicles can be delivered to an service point. inlove.gif

This could possibly carrir an abrams yeah..

Pic One

Pic Two

Pic Three

Doubt even that could. MBTs go above the 70t mark, even items such as the M777 are designed to be extremely light so that heavy lift choppers can move them. Aircraft are fairly light by design anyway.

Could all armour be disabled?

I don't think so, M1 are still way heavier than what is lifted in your pics, which are all flying vehicles (read : rather light wink_o.gif )

Is all this about having a different array of hitchable classes by class of transport? If so, you can check with a parallel script the type of vehicle of the player, and modify dinamically the global array of hitchable classes. So, yes, that can be easily achieved.

After flying around on an island in a UH60 I have noticed that the script allows you to pick up vehicles that already have crew in such as enemy tanks. Not sure if its intentional that you could pick up an enemy vehicle which is manned.

Is all this about having a different array of hitchable classes by class of transport? If so, you can check with a parallel script the type of vehicle of the player, and modify dinamically the global array of hitchable classes. So, yes, that can be easily achieved.

Thanks, been figuring a way to do that, totally knew to using .sqf have been using .sqs pretty much for the entirety of the time i've had to script.

456820, this is not intentional and you have a point there. Obviously it might be a non sense to keep transporting enemy vehicles here and there.

After flying around on an island in a UH60 I have noticed that the script allows you to pick up vehicles that already have crew in such as enemy tanks. Not sure if its intentional that you could pick up an enemy vehicle which is manned.

haha, why can i actually envision a first-strike tactic of entire fleets of chinooks picking up attacking t-72's en masse and dumping them in the ocean?

would make a pretty entertaining nonsense mission if you ask me!

It depends on crew - using T-72s machineguns against enemy helicopters wink_o.gif

Maybe only allow to transport things without crew and units in cargo. Safety first!

Why not create a more advanced system where one can set config properties to adjust the system?

MANDO_WEIGHT = 6000; // How much does this vehicle weigh

MANDO_LIFTABLE_WEIGHT = 4000; // How much weight can this vehicle carry

By using config entries you can reap the benefits of the class inheritance system. And you can still allow mission makers to override by providing an override system through description.ext or by setVariable on units.

At first sight that sounds right, is that at least any ArmA vehicle has a weight readable from the config?

Just got an interesting idea!

Anybody else played Enemy Engaged in the past? There was HUD hover helper function enabled via [H] key! I guess that such helpful thing could be done via slightly modified Hitch script smile_o.gif [indicator]

New version available.

Changes in 1.4:

* You now can hitch and drop static weapons and static objects.

* You can hitch only civilian (empty) or your own side cargo.

New version available.

Changes in 1.4:

* You now can hitch and drop static weapons and static objects.

* You can hitch only civilian (empty) or your own side cargo.

Does this mean: we're able to move cannons with that? biggrin_o.gif great!