Sign in to follow this  
modemmaik

SmurfC T72A ERA upgrade "style"

I actually have a t-90 in progress built in studio max 2009,if you want to use it or parts of it.Its not finished but looks convincing as is.I can export it as 3ds,but not until my other computrer comes back from being upgraded.I'll post a pic when I find one.

pic http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/T-90.jpg

Woooh... That is what I call a T-90 yay.gif

How do you plan to convert it into Arma? Bit by bit using BI's sample T-72 (which I would perfer, because you get testable samples while converting), or complete import?

Anyway: Perfect notworthy.gif

:edit: Meanwhile, Burns provided me with some good number textures. Thank you Mr. Burns xmas_o.gif

I'll simply convert it to what ever format you can use,then you can glean from it what you want.I can also make parts you need as well and send those piece by piece if needed.It would probably take me half the time to make an object than it does in the o2 interface.Studiomax is pretty slick.

edit...we can also make both variants...T-90A and T-90S with the shorta systems.

Sounds like a very good offer to me, but I have to refuse it (actually the project WollMilchSau will occupy me for the next weeks).

Although there should not be a big problem, I know many people here (e.g. A.T.R.F ?), including yourself, able to perform the conversion.

Simply use the ERA tank as blueprint and tear it into peaces to check, how the model works.

I am looking forward to see your T-90 on the battlefield soon smile_o.gif

Nice work smile_o.gif But you should make some additional changes in model: at 1st, add ERA blocks on front of hull and remove that DShK (please make NSV machinegun instead of it).

So I think, that's what is needed to be modified in the model to call it T-90 looking  whistle.gif

no have: ERA on turent top, on Hull front, panel is over-size, no have STHORA. And this components need for first step... biggrin_o.gif

343rdBadger, (A.T.R.F.), good works thumbs-up.gif

modEmMaik, you idea about RHS T-64, i have old time, but my "BinView" not want unpack this config crazy_o.gif

in OFP, I more time "play" with configs, and modernizied more addons... most ORCS T-90 inlove.gif , but this old time biggrin_o.gif

Oki... so news:

Fist release of random numbers version, also skins from the first versions (mine plus Denny Piranhas plus Burn's Tiger and Winter) included smile_o.gif

Extended eventhandlers Version 1.7 needed, else you get an error plus the "ghost-Tank" effect smile_o.gif

ECS-Users: Please install the ECS Themis compatibility component 1.0.

For determined numbering in missions, check the included mission (numberBond.sqf: generates the 007 number on the most left tank)

DL-Link zShare

@Spooky Lynx: This is a open source blueprint version, anyone can use for his own modifications, so feel free to modify the model. All changes are welcome smile_o.gif

@Marijus: Let's see how this model evolves wink_o.gif Some people already started to modify the origin and the results are looking good.

@Burns: The numbers look... beautifull biggrin_o.gif

For the modders: Check the selections named "num1", "num2" and "num3" in the first 3 LOD's. Simply copy that into your modifications, those include the only changes to the model. For the config, look for those names in the pir_smurfcT72wd and hiddenSelections. textures.sqf script applies the according textures.

leben-bunt-grantenstark-t-72-bmp-reskin-1410d1214424404-t72_pack_alpha.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Smurfclan T72A ERA "style" addon RC 1D Custom Package

required addons: Extended_Eventhandlers Solus & Killswitch (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605)

mission addon name: "pirsmurfc_era_104"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUST "wood1"

soundmodT72ERA1CUST "wood1"

soundmodT72ERA1CUST0 "cust"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUST0 "cust"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUSTA "BIS"

soundmodT72ERA1CUSTA "BIS"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUSTB "wood2"

soundmodT72ERA1CUSTB "wood2"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUSTC "pir_wood"

soundmodT72ERA1CUSTC "pir_wood"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUSTD "pir_digi"

soundmodT72ERA1CUSTD "pir_digi"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUSTE "burns_winter"

soundmodT72ERA1CUSTE "burns_winter"

pirSmurfcT72ERA1CUSTF "burns_tigerstripe"

soundmodT72ERA1CUSTF "burns_tigerstripe"

init-command option (see example mission):

init="test=[this, ""wood2""] execVM ""\T72_era_custom\textures.sqf"";";

Selectable Skins:

cust : Uses mission based skins (reskin\t72_1_co.paa, t72_2_co.paa, t72_1_co.paa)

wood1 : Woodland skin #1

wood2 : Woodland skin #2

... (see definition above)

Included custom skin implementation in the mission:

textures.sqf :

Main function to change a t72's texture to user-defined (see reskin folder). This includes the possiblility to include as many skins as needed (2'nd parameter determines skin).

Mission.sqm :

Activation sequence via trigger, see sensors definition: changes t1's textures to mission-defined.

expActiv="test=[t1, ""cust""] execVM ""textures.sqf"";";

model & config. by modEmMaik & Mateck

Config includes material / armor values from OFP-WGL mod.

Model is based completely on "BI Vehicles and weapons sample" models.

Credits to:

Burns and King Homer @hx3.de for their support and material (burns special for number textures wink_o.gif )

Hamis @http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi for supply of his engine sound

Mateck @http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi for custom skin invention and support

Sebastian Muller for the same invention for OFP custom skins

Maruk, Urki and Loneship crCTI clan @smurfclan.org for ideas, support and beta tests

T_bone, CameronMcDonald, hamis, Gedis, A.T.R.F. special: Marijus plus all the others @http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi for tests, photos and suggestions

Rellikki (http://www.rellikki.armaholic.net/) for his superb Sahrani Liberation Army Desert Troops (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=705) I used as blueprint for this reskin

piranha-dl (http://www.denny-piranha.com/) who inspired me to add some scratches (although his scratches look much better...)

Vilas (http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/), who enspired me by his T72-B ERA

WGL mod team (http://ofpc.de/wargames/news.php) for their great mod

ACE team (http://ace.usmc-warriors.org/), successors of the former WGL team

Solus & Killswitch for their Extended_Eventhandlers implementation

BI (http://www.armedassault.com/) for their sample models wink_o.gif

have fun and good luck,

modEmMaik

:edit: I hope to move skeleton and model cfg into a separate model.cfg for the next release. I noticed some issue reports on different threads about this

whistle.gif

:edit2: @Marijus:MadDogX recently released an alternative unBuildTool. May be this fits your request. wink_o.gif

:edit3: I noticed that the gunnerview still shows the model defined texture. Mateck told me to check the model's textures for the gunner's view. The commander's view shows correct defined textures...

:edit 4: DL-Link corrected

Quote[/b] ]

modEmMaik, you idea about RHS T-64, i have old time, but my "BinView" not want unpack this config

You should try Eliteness,first depbo file then derapify config.bin then save as config,cpp.

Cool,just finished a T-90 style scheme set smile_o.gif for these puppies

pic http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/T90style.jpg

Congratz smile_o.gif

The textures are fabulous. notworthy.gif

Regarding the flags, I have noticed that BI included such a texture for the flags (plus the RACS, SLA and NATO). An alternative may be to include those flag textures like the numbers in the lastest version, so they are user-selectable.

:edit: OGM... final corrections of the front plate numbers have sunk the back plate ones into the turret, so they were not visible crazy_o.gif

New DL-Link by zShare

Hmmm...thats odd...just looked at a whole bunch of photos taken in grozny,when the russians mobilized,and most of those armour units were camo'd??

Here is an example of a T-72B (mod 1988) in Chechnya (famous photo):

t727eq7.jpg.

Note the additional protection against RPG-7V's. If those units were using camo then they were an exception or were propaganda photos (high profile photo).

just nice, reposted from MP forum?

now fetch and get some blueprints or drawings or even schemes, those are really needed.

btw, forgot to point out to you, Universal. Kontakt-5 is not only protection against RPGs or ATGMs, but also protection from M829A1 penetrators...

um, isn't that T-90 blueprint? i thought you were supposed to post T-72B(M) blueprint...

something like this

don't confuse people with your knowledge  rofl.gif

EDIT,

First versions of T-90s and T-90Ss used the same moulded(not welded) turrets as T-72Bs or B(M)s. But we aren't talking about T-90s, but about T-72B(M)s. That should keep you on track seeing what you posted bellow.

and BTW, be polite and don't use bad (russian) language, like one you PM'ed me: "SUKA PASHOL VON , VANUCHEY CAPITALISTECHESKEY SUKA !".

I don't support capitalysm if you realy care about it...

P.S. It's my 22nd B-day today, so i say thx to Universal's: "Fuck Lithuania" PM. I hope it'll teach Universal some attitude in future... whistle.gif

The main asthetic difference you would see is the turret shape. Otherwise it is much similar to a T-90. Also Shtora and other differences are there. Gedis thats a CROSSSECTION not a blueprint. You are really getting on my nerves. There are also different T-90 variants (blueprint above shows mod 1993).

Calm down, calm down.... smile_o.gif

But your communication is productive, I have to say smile_o.gif

Oki: For the Addon-Maker: You may import TGA pic for blueprint usage into O2 like in this tutorial. This way, you can use the front, side or top view to compare those pics with the actual model positions.

Thus those scematics are very welcome. Both wink_o.gif

Actually, I do not intend to create such a addon, but I feel happy, if someone else will do this, using the ERA-"style" as a starting point wink_o.gif

Have Fun,

mike

Well,it took some 'doin' but I managed to pack all the tank skins I've posted recently into the new custom version...I did this because I didn't want to do the 'scripting in editor' method ever time I built a mission.This pack allows both the Platoon commanders and their random number versions to co-exist together.But ,if you want the Winter or Desert Platoon Commander sets,they are goig to over-right the Camo Platoon Commander versions.Theres a new tank scheme and the random number versions are desaturated [to look more subdued and worn]

download http://files.filefront.com/T72B+ERApackrar/;10829335;/fileinfo.html

pic http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/ScreenShot.jpg

Well,what about replacement config?I have tried it myself with RHS T64's,but cant make it work.And what about making red numbers also available?

@343rdBadger: Excellent work yay.gif

Those textures look great and those lionheads etc., too smile_o.gif

Just a little request: Can you add a readMe, so mission makers can locate the tank's mission name without placing a testversion (but so fer I have only . If you want to, you can release a signed binarized version (simply add a modified readme including the credits of those people, helped to generate this addon), because those beauties might be needed on some multiplayer servers soon wink_o.gif

@hamis: Simply paint the numbers, included in the demo mission, using an alternative color and use the number assignmen in the init of the tank.

I have never generated an replacement config. A fact, that might get a bit tricky: The ERA "style" needs the BI T72 config. So when making a replacement config might get tricky, because it replaces a tank, needed to inherit itself... even writing this causes some confusion in my head whistle.gif

Well,i tried this in tracked config but got some error msg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec ""\T72_era_custom\textures.sqf"";";

};

What is the right way to init sqf? huh.gif

Also whatever camo i selected(in editor)it was always the green one showing up. sad_o.gif

Could someone possibly start a thread in the completed section that has the different user made packs listed in the first post. At least until the different packs can all be combined into one, if that's the eventual plan. I'm only suggesting this cause I'm getting a little confused which one are updates, or which may have different skins but may not be usable together.

I love using all the different skins and functions but it's getting difficult to keep track of what's going on. I know that these are WIPs, beta's, etc., but a little organization would make it easier to know what I'm using/testing and whether I need to DL an update.

Great job to all. I love having the variation. thumbs-up.gif

Well,i tried this in tracked config but got some error msg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec ""\T72_era_custom\textures.sqf"";";

};

What is the right way to init sqf? huh.gif

Also whatever camo i selected(in editor)it was always the green one showing up. sad_o.gif

Hi hamis wink_o.gif

_this select 0 selects the tank, the next parameter must match one of the cases in the texture.sqf ("cust", "wood1" etc.) and must be a string.

Better alternative to use the "RC 1D Pack" download, although xeh is required. Also you find lots of examples, if you want to integrate another skin.

@manzilla: I released the last pack to show a way how to integrate new skins into the project, but it was released only some days ago. 343rdBadger replaced the included skins by his versions, so I count his version as the actual (it includes some of the best skins until now). A.T.R.F. showed a very well looking new model version.

Well, let's see, how this project evolves, may be we can release a full and binarized version in the near future.

xmas_o.gif